1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

What's your ultimate dream costume for your bjd?

Jan 25, 2018

1. I have a lot of dream outfits for my bjds but one I really want above the others right now is an elaborate leather armor set, forest green and brown with gold accents and designs on it. Elegant armor that's more for ceremony than actual use. I would also want a leather armor set that looks like it's been through hell, clearly worn in the field, damaged but still protections the character enough to keep wearing it into battle.

2. I would suggest either buying from a fabric store like JoAnn's (NOT a fabric outlet) or you could also create it at a site like spoonflower but it would be pricey that way. This is a great idea though!

3. Selene's outfit from Underworld :aeyepop: I can just see my super poseable girl jumping off the top of a building with her coat flying behind her!

4. So here's the list of outfits that I wanted for all of my boys! Perhaps one day I'll get good at sewing to make them all! :XD:
      Amos: elaborate ethnic outfit with heaps of embroidery, gems and feathers
      Dorian: Cute classical sailor suit
      Valentin: fancy Victorian gentleman's outfit
      Reggie: fantasy demon outfit (with a huge cloak, leather straps everywhere, and intricate embroidery)
      Percy: something that would suit his identity of a mysterious wizard well... I haven't thought about it much XD
      Silas (the newest addition to the family! IOS Jade): Military outfit, definitely! Camo print galore.... or cowboy gear, for some reason hahaha!:XD:

5. I am opting for early 20th century style with my doll gang too. I am pretty much ready to spend to get the clothes I want, since I have no other hobbies that require money (ironically, I hate buying clothes for myself, dolls are so easy since they never gain or lose weight and complain about needing a new dress while they just got one lol.) I noticed there are very few people who can and will make these kinds of outfits even if it isn't for the money (because naturally they need to have the same body to ensure perfect fit). I am pretty skilled at it myself, but honestly it's all about time and the struggle of finding materials in this country. I recently bought a really beautifully made dress outfit, and would love to add on it a woolen coat/robe with rabbit fur decorations, rabbit fur hat and a hand warmer, so that my lady will have a winter outfit too. I opt for making everything animal-based myself since I can get the materials from a local hunter who hunts his family food, and that way I know for sure I don't support farming and killing animals purely for their fur.

Sometimes it's a strange feeling my dolls would have custom measured dresses made just for their bodies, but my most expensive dress probably cost me a hundred, that was for school prom, and it was pre-owned.

6. @vauhtikatti I love the way that you acquire your animal-based materials. That's fantastic! :thumbup

Most of my dolls hang out in modern dress, but I would really like to have a full set of authentically styled medieval plate armor for one of my big guys, whose character has been alive for a very, very long time...

7. I like a lot of frilly ballgown dresses and vintage 80's doll clothes,and what I want most is a Sweet Roses PJ dress for Simone,including the ribbon rose accessories that come with it. Her theme is roses and that's the perfect dress for her. I've been thinking about finding someone to make one for me or try to make one myself.

8. Lots of different types of lolita clothes x3 I would also love to have a really elaborate kimono for one of my future BJDs *-*

9. A nice black suit.

... that actually fits.

... that's really sharp and starched-looking and almost changes the silhouette of my doll.

... IN MSD SCALE!!!!

I'm sure I could get one that ticks at least 1 of those boxes for like $20 on taobao but.... $20.......

10. I would just LOVE to piece together and over the top, elegant Victorian outfit. :love

11. A Shiryu from saint seja. With the armour and the dragon tattoo on his back.

12. I love to have ancient East Asian costumes in dorrie scale, specially those multi-layer robes commonly seen in Wuxia dramas. With one of my dorries sporting an oiran-inspired face-up, I would also love to have a full oiran outfit for her, complete with historically accurate wig and hair accessories. :love

13. The Spidersilk Armor from Baldur’s Gate 3… ahhhh, that would be so freakin cool man.

14. .

#95 Gintsumi, Feb 11, 2024
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    15. This will probably change... but for now: a blue-green iridescent moiré ballgown, with a floor-length midnight-blue velvet evening coat embroidered with red, blue, and white gems. (Conceptually, the earth wrapped in a cloak of space)

16. I'm planning to turn my Kaito into the Phantom of the Opera :)

17. Turns out one of my dream outfits now exists for Volks's Hinamatsuri display
      My idea of dream outfits varies though – there are some casual clothes I would like for certain dolls' looks that I just can't find, so the spectrum of dream outfits runs from Heien style kimono to simple red knit cardigans in MSD size.