1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

when are tinies- too tiny????

Sep 15, 2008

1. You did an excellent job on your DOT. Now you have me singing that Animaniacs song in my head! LOL!

BTW, what is the wig that you have on Bongie!! Love how it lays down and the long plaits down her back.

================

2. Thanks! her hair is a wig I made from some poor Bratz Kidz doll that happened to be unlucky enough to be on clearance! waste not! I just snipped it and glued it like Rainman's tutorial

I think I have been singing Animaniacs for a month straight now! it won't stop~!

3. You're a brave soul :fangirl:
      I've been meaning to try the Rainman glued wig for ages, since I have several wig caps, but no nerve!!!!

4. I just use plastic wrap! I wrap their whole body in it, then rubberband around their neck to keep it in place, and glue from the back of the neck to the front of the head, it's not too scary, and if you use a plastic coffee straw, the hair won't stick to your fingers

5. wow, I would like to see that technique.. do you glue the hair in clumps. or one at time?

6. I say never too tiny!

[​IMG]

7. OMG... what a cute tiny piggy... and a thumb sucker too!! LOL!!

I bet you could sew for an ant, Spampy!!! Your sewing is sooo good and TINY too!!

===================

8. Good tip about the coffee stirrer.

OK, I'm trying to envision this... so after the wig hair dries on the plastic wrap, then you trim the plastic wrap under the hair??

Next, do you glue the wig to the wig cap? or do you then have just a normal type, free standing wig???

Next time you make a wig, maybe you could do a YouTube video! {{hint,hint}} ;) ;) ;)

========================

9. Spampy

does that lil' darling have a name? I didn't realize how totally tiny she was until I saw her today.. (and I thought the Lati white was small-jeesh)

10. after the glue has dried, the plastic wrap just peels off the wig, and the glue holds it all together, I use a dab of tacky glue to hold the wig on the doll's head after that

11. No such thing as too tiny! I really love DD-Anne's 10 cm(?) girls, and they're one of the smallest out there. =3

[​IMG]

12. BynByn

how adorable! I have Near, but loving the color on your tiny girl- What color is she?

very unique looking--

here is my Banji boy with little Min- still having a tough time with the camera taking these

[​IMG]

13. Thank you! My DD-Anne's are some of my very favorites...The one on the left is pinky skin and the one on the right is grey skin, though my picture doesn't do it justice. Here is a better picture: http://fairygarden.blogbus.com/logs/24902508.html

14. My little piggy's name is Bitty. After a doll my mom has had since she was a kid.
      And also, I too LOVE the saran wrap wig method. Especially for the tinies.
      Here are two that I've done so far...
      [​IMG]
      [​IMG]

15. I like the size of the 16cm Lati Yellow. Anything smaller than that just looks awkward and weird to me, the joints look odd and there's very little detail.

16. they've been available in various retailers more often than on the main elfdoll site in my experience. Denver Doll has some in stock at the moment in fact. :3
      (denverdoll.com)

17. I love this thread. Noob here, and I am soaking up all these good tips. I was totally fascinated by my first little ones. [Relatively big] -- pink and blue Lucky. The detail and life in them amazed me. They are kicky, and smacky, heh. Love 'em anyway. PIPECLEANER-WIRED?? Oh joy. And tacky glue!

I have a variety of smalls, down to these *Fairyland >Soso AND *Dollzone >Momo *Orient Doll pocket fairy AND *Mystery ID, two teennnies.

One day I will get those last two photographed and get back around here.
      I got them on eBay from someone who wasn't sure who they were, but by then I didn't care. I was hooked.

18. This is genius. I don't know what your IQ is but your DREAM-Q ;)
      ...Off the chart.

I formally join your :fangirl: :fangirl: :fangirl: sssss :aheartbea

19. YOU made this outfit...:aeyepop: [go to #46 too see pic]

Hope it's not off topic but I gotta tell you I am still chuckling at your avatar. I think I'm going to laugh every time I remember it, and it IS memorable. It good to have happy, pure, tender things to think about. Turns on the good lights in the brain. That is what these teenies are especially designed for.

20. Thank you so much for sharing your Conga Line. Do another one with their legs lifted so they can be Rockettes. [kidding] I found one of my little unidentified adorables. Angelregion Little Genie Lilica.

I was able to be sure because there is one for sale right now in the market, with excellent sample photographs.

I don't mean to be spamming this thread. I would get so confused if I tried to put all this in one box, and most certainly would keep hitting the wrong button to erase it just when almost finished.