1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When BJDs Attack....

Feb 1, 2006

1. My tanning el smacked me in the face right out of the box. He has since kicked me, pinched me, wacked me, and scratched me. I love him. XD

2. I've had many pinched and bruised fingers from restringing, but my worst injury was probably from Hayabusa's eyes... I was re-positioning them, and didn't realise just how sharp the glass stems were. They cut my finger and I didn't even feel it O_O I only realised what had happened after I noticed blood all over the back and inside of poor Hayabusa's head!

Cyph

3. I haven't been kicked hard yet, but when restringing once, the s-hook snapped into the neck hole and took with it a fairly large chunk of my thumb ._.;;

And then there was one time that I was trying to stand Seiji up and someone (I forget who) lightly poked him in the back and he headbutted me. I'm surprised my nose didn't bleed >_<;;

But, not been kicked yet XD;;

4. I haven't had much problems

but lilly headbutted and kicked my sister

5. My SDC Arashi cut me while I was restringing him. Those seams can be SHARP. X_x;

Swapping heads always makes my fingers hurt on Volks dolls if I don't use wire, and sometimes even if I do. >_>;

Ephram repeatedly threatens to either knife me or bite me to death in my sleep, but that's not exactly a posing or restringing horror story... XD;;;

6. hehe i tried to glomp Tolen and he punched my jaw. it hurt @_@;
      he also pinched me once with his torso when i was giving him sponge bath... tore a bit of skin T_T

7. 3 of us trying to restring one of my friends SD size dolls, I had marks on my hand for 2 days where the strings ate into them. And once I couldn't even let go of the string, my hands had stopped working.

Then we found out that it was one of the odd ones that string from the head down. Now it is cake to do.

I have never had noticable marks for days after I worked on dolls. Boy, did that hurt.

I am happy, that I Have MSD they are so much more easy to string, except for Gaara, who is just a demon, with old strings. I really need to replace them, but I think he get an odd joy out of seeing how many times he can make us restring him.

Or so you mean when I am sleeping and I used to sit Gaara above my bed when I sleep. I mean he doesn't need to sleep he can guard us. Well, he must have got jealous or annoyed. He took a head dive and bounced off my not so soft skull and face. Man, did that hurt. My lip even swole up. He had no damage. I broke his full and after that he got to hang out in the other room with the other dolls. Now that is attacking.

Actually, I think one of my cats walked behind him and knocked him off, but the other story is much funnier.

8. Fraud headbutt me all the time >_>"
      It can be really painful with his pointy nose slamming into my collar bone...

There was once his headbutt really made me bleed though. I was picking him up to fix his clothes a little, his forehead rammed into my lower lip. I tasted blood almost instantly >.>"

I got pinched stringing a couple of times, but those ain't too bad =)

9. mmm for restringing ropeburns..but it doesn't happen anymore...

all my dolls like to head butt me...especially my shiwoo and it's worst if the nose hits me..so painful..he even nearly twisted my finger..well alot of times..and always kick me..tho no excuse for that since he just got sueded...

and the worst thing of all..HE PULLS MY FRIGGIN HAIR...AND IT'S VERY PAINFUL. :< but i love him.

10. Haze kicks. No matter how I string him, he'll kick me on occasions. In the eye, if he can.

And I've bled over all three boys while stringing them, because I have psoriasis and my skin split open if I strain it. So far, Flea hasn't damaged me, but then, he's a head only.

'Dina occasionally moves his hand up, which has lead to groping. I don't consider that an attack, though...

11. A friend of mine has a DoD Too. When he first came to her, he was CRAZILY tightly strung. He kicked her multiple times. Like, alot, and hard. Both by giving you the big toe, or just simply by back kicking you. That wasn't all either; he punched too. And since his legs were so tightly strung, he once actually walked off her desk. I wasn't there, but she told me it was pretty scary. XD.

edit: My doll is actually really floppy and mostly docile. That won't however, stop him from grabbing my clothes, or holding my hand too tightly when we're watching a movie. XD. He also is very fond of kamikaze acts: he has head dived into my sister's salad before. He's wiped off things from my dad's chalk board, fallen over onto the cat, and as his ultimate protest, his head once simply 'came off'.

Not very gentleman-ly of him, but, there ya go. XD.

12. I've been pinched and given a bloody nose XD vicious little buggers.

13. My girl is pretty gentle; she's never kicked at me or tried to gouge my eye out or anything. The only time she's ever done any damage was when I first attempted to change her eyes and she was strung so tight I couldn't get the headcap completely off the S-hook, so I simply pushed it to the side and tried to reach in to get to the putty behind the eyes. Not the smartest thing, obviously. The headcap came down right on my finger *_*

14. gulp......bump for more tales of horror and woe?

*fears the malevolent little glint in Tender Too's eye....hopefully he'l be a bit subdued from the air travel by the time he gets here, chortle....*

15. When Rika was really angry at me for not having any clothes (except the outfit she came in and the one she 'borrowed' from a procelain doll I used to have) she would not pose AT ALL. I had finally gotten her to stand up on my dresser, and I bent down to pick something up from the floor and BOOOOM! She bent at the waist and went sailing into the small of my back. That didn't feel too nice.

In the same photoshoot, she suddently reached up and put her finger in my right eye. That didn't feel to great either.

Lara

16. I have been pinched and smacked before. But not on purpose it seems.

17. Arioc had a little case of crazy legs when I got him. ^_^; He kicked me several times, mostly when I was trying to put a skirt on him. I wonder if that was supposed to be a message. >_>

He's also attempted to fling himself at me when I've left him sitting on the desk. I can get up and walk away, only to turn and see his little body sorta falling/launching itself off the desk. x_X; Gives me a heart attack, I'll tell you...

18. I've read stories so I know how not to let Kazutaka pop me one when suddenly jerking out of position. Though, I have almost got my finger caught in a joint, and that HURTS. Pinches badly. But thankfully I got it out before it got me too bad. :3

He has tried to kick or fall over on me, but so far we've been careful. He's probably mad at me for dressing him in a poorly made skirt prototype the other day. >.>'

19. Ok, here's the deal...

The other day at the mall, i was holding my beloved Mykal in my arms, with his upper thighs pinched between my forarm and my ribs....he was staying stiffly upright...

Out of nowhere, this older woman approaches, and puts her face about 6 inches from his face, and mutters..."Ugly Doll....."

I was horrified...

but i'm unsure if what happened next horrified me even more, or made me want to laugh uncontrollably....Mykal bent at the hips, pitched forward, and smashed the front of his forehead against the woman's eyesocket! She squealed and grabbed her eye and backed away slowly muttering.........I mean he LITERALLY head-butted her right in the EYE!!!!
      LOL

Talk about Karmatic Retribution! LOL

Anyways, i guess my question is...what is the MOST nasty thing that your doll has done, similar to this......when has your doll seemingly "defended" itself? LOL

jordan-mykal