1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When browsing dolls, do you gravitate towards ones that look similar you?

Jan 26, 2017

1. No, I never thought about it and is not something that interest me. I do pick dolls I find pretty but for example I like half closed eyes and big rounded eyes, they are different from each other and I like their look just the same. So while I follow my taste they still end different from each other.

2. Definitely not hahaha. A lot of them have really different aesthetics too, so they don't end up looking similar to each other either. That being said, I do gravitate toward a certain style for the most part - most of the dolls on my wishlist are cute big-eyed Volks girls :XD: But I like a variety of others too.

3. I don't think my dolls look like me, but I'm not so great at recognizing slight similarity in faces (or I prioritize the wrong things in what I find similar).

I have one doll who's ginger like me, but I think she has much fuller lips, sharper cheekbones, and a more substantial chin. Hers eyes and nose similarly look nothing like mine.

Perhaps my LLT Roderich has finer features like mine, but again, I lack the sculpt's chin (and mine has been modded to have an aquiline nose). The doll with this head is also female, but is dark tan with leucoderma, so unlike me.

So no, I wouldn't say I'm attracted to sculpts that look like me (I'm not sure I'd notice if they did though, until after, so perhaps it's more accurate to say I don't consciously seek them out).

4. I have never seen a doll that looked like me. If I did I'd probably freak out...

5. If a company made a doll that looked like me, they'd never sell one!

I do tend to make all my dolls redheads as I am, and I just love red hair. But instead of eyes like my blue gray ones, I give them eyes like I wish I had: green.

My LY will have four wigs in four different colors, but one will be red! :lol: it must be some kind of OC deal as I cannot bring myself to get only one wig in a color other than red. Makes me feel ishy, anxious and uncomfortable! Yikes!
      :ablink:

6. I once found a doll that was hilariously similar to one of my friends, and even shared a similar name... I was suuuuuuuper tempted to buy it, but then I worried it might be weird and decided not to. Otherwise I haven't seen any doll that looked similar to me & I wouldn't want to buy a doll that looked similar to me.

I do seem to have a preference towards dolls with more sleepy/half open eyes and a sharper jawline, hands that have nicely sculpted fingers, pretty bodies. The only dolls I have that look similar are my Sooms ( Dain and Breccia gave me family vibes, I also have a Luts event head that looks like it could be Soom haha)--- and a few of my Dollfie Dreams... My goal is to collect all the Sabers, so the ones I do have... Well they definitely look similar:mwahaha

7. Not at all, but that is probably for the best.

8. I don't really think so! There's such a variance in terms of the different dolls that I really like; different eyes shapes, facial features, etc.

9. No my dolls don't look anything like me especially as most of them either look like cute young children or are in the anime style.

10. Facial features? Not really, but their hair color ends up looking like mine lol [​IMG]

11. I think I have only ever seen ONE doll that looked even somewhat similar to me. I am NOT the Asian aesthetic dollmakers are going for at all.

12. I think yes, I like doll that have chubby face like me. >.<

13. Such a funny question. I had to read all of the responses :lol:

I my case no. I have about 8 heads and none of them look anything like me. I also have male and female dolls and the bodies are all in much better physical condition than I am currently.

14. I have doll characters of all sorts. And I guess in a way they represent my past and my present.

15. The only thing me and my dolls have in common are Huge eyes but other than that no. All of my dolls are different when it comes to body shape,skin tone, and aesthetic.

16. Not at all. When I look for a doll, I look to shell a character, usually with very specific features. Pretty sure my own appearance has no effect on the way I see my OCs in my head, they're all really different.
      The funny thing though... I might end up with a doll that looks a bit like myself in terms of hair and clothing style. It's a complete coincidence, I think the character got their style first >D But that's nothing to do with the sculpt.

17. I'm not sure if there is a doll that looks like me. Hehe but to answer your question apparently for the mean time I only browse one specific doll I love the sculpt so much that her story just pop out of my mind.

18. Well, I can't say that my incoming MK Cris looks a lot like me, or my wishlist dolls. Or, for that matter, any of the dolls I feel drawn toward when browsing.

But, I've recently rediscovered a Tumblr post I made a few years ago, which stated that my dad called Alex 'me in disguise'. I didn't, nor do I, see it; Alex has a feminine face, but he has blue eyes (the ones he came with) and at the minute he has grey hair. When my dad remarked that he was me in disguise, Alex had a brunette wig on.

I didn't buy him, because he looked like me. I didn't see the similarities; I just saw a gorgeous doll that I knew I wanted.

19. I got a doll that looked like my friend and I showed it to her. She said "hey that looks like me!" and when I asked if I could name it after her she was cool with it :) I think it really depends on the friend - if it was me I'd be a little...not weirded out but kind weirded out and flattered at the same time.

20. Not really. Thankfully, I have yet to stumble across a doll whose face resembles mine. That'd be kind of unnerving. :p