1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When did I get so many/much?

Jul 14, 2011

1. I didn't realise how much stuff, especially furniture my dolls had until I had to pack it all away so that the house could be renovated. There never seems to be enough clothing for them though....

2. Had an interesting experience this summer re: packing up dolls - I had to spray bomb the house (fleas ~sigh~) & did NOT want to experiment on what those insecticide bombs do to resin. So, I packed up all 20 odd dolls in their boxes & bags (shoes, wigs, clothes already in boxes & wardrobes if not on the dolls).
      That took some doing :D But I did it in under an hour (thinking in terms of disaster, not bad if I had some forwarning - if not I'd just go thru the house grabbing dolls under my arm & throwing them in the car LOL)

3. I had this sort of revelation recently about Nadeko's clothes...as I was buying her more clothes :sweat
      She's my only doll right now and I haven't purchased a single outfit for any future dolls so all the clothes are hers, and (to me) it seems like a lot of clothes to have for just one doll.
      But that clearly hasn't stopped me from wanting and buying even more clothes for her; I'm actually going to buy her at least one more outfit before this year ends.
      She doesn't have many spare wigs (2 extra) or option hands, shoes or eyes (1 extra, the hands are swapped pretty often but the eyes she'll never wear).
      She's also ended up with a lot of tiny props from other people and hasn't really used much of it, I should probably get around to selling it someday soon.

4. The collection seemed manageable... then I got bodies for all the then floating heads.. and added two more dolls. Now I have two more floating heads and I am seriously running out of room on the buffet!
      Thankfully all their "stuff" still fits in the four drawer rolling cart... for the most part. There are a few free roaming things and a box of unused parts (human hands and legs ... accessories I have not gotten around to painting).... and the one box of things like chairs and lip balm soda bottles. At least it all fits in one room!

I am going to have to figure out how I am going to fit two more SDs onto that buffet.... I might have to resort to making some custom benches to maximize my usable space.

5. Last year I sold almost all of my dolls except for one which I just got sold.
      Then as I was selling my last one, I found an incredible deal on a Lati yellow (I have wanted to own. Lati yellow for years!). I bought her without another thought. I decided to buy a small storage container for her clothes n what not... Last month I pulled out my "dolls" (now three Lati yellows. Soon there will be two new dollies coming in) and I pulled out the storage container which is packed full already! I was like "woah! When did this happen?!" I didn't even think I had that much for them... But I guess getting a full set and a nice size package of clothes for each girl, (about two outfits for each girl) adds up fast! I can only imagine when my next two kiddos get here, I'm straight up addicted to dollies!

>_> now to hide it all from my husband so he doesn't realize how much I have!

6. I realised lately during cleaing and managing my apartment that it is so full! 30% of place is full with books and documents but almost 25% is stuffs for my 15 dolls. So I plan to sell some of them this end of year but it will be full again soon because I love to sew clothes and make stuffs for them. :lol:

7. I never realized just how much stuff I had (for my MSDs mostly) until I sat down to clean everything the other day and make a video TTuTT;;; I guess I have a lot of dolls so it makes sense... but still.

8. I've kind of given up on trying to rationalize it. My doll habit is what is is and all the stuff that goes with it just is. Yeah, there's a lot of it. I've been collecting dolls and their stuff for a decade and a half. My dolls need their own room at this point, laugh, but it's okay. They make me happy. It's cool...

9. I'm a little surprised at how many dolls I have, but I've been in the hobby for almost 5 years now. I never thought I'd have half the dolls I do, so I feel very lucky. There's not much more I am seriously considering adding to my collection at this point unless it's a "must have" doll as I'm very happy with the collection I have currently.

10. I've only been in the hobby for over a year, and I currently own six dolls, and a few on layaway. I have a hard time believing it sometimes, since I only originally envisioned myself owning one or two. I think over time my doll aesthetic has changed quite a bit since I started collecting, though. It's difficult to not enjoy the feeling of novelty when purchasing a new doll. ^_^

11. I started with 1 shelf, now BJD-related space amounts to 4 drawers and 9 shelves. :XD:
      I am getting rid of (and do not buy) textiles I find problematic to sew with, I have the rule that I cannot use the same textile for more than one doll (I am not sticking to it 100% but well enough to make a difference, I use old clothes), and I hope that these rules, as well as sewing as much as I can, will help stopping the spread.
      On the plus side, the fact that I needed this extra space has pushed me to tidy my space a lot more than I would have, so, as long as I do not buy new textiles, I will get a grip on this madness.

Oh ye, I have got more dolls than I originally planned. Who hasn't?

#51 Lilla, Nov 18, 2015
      Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
    12. I'm totally into hoarder territory. That's what happens over 10+ years of bjds. It used to be very controlled for the first few years. Now I could open a doll shop EASILY!

I could let stuff go, but I don't want to and I'm too lazy. I do sell some stuff (not dolls), now and then, which is more than I can say for all the non-doll stuff that I should totally down-size!!!!

13. I definitely have way more than I ever thought I would. I've got...26? Everyone has multiple wigs, outfits,shoes, props. It really adds up! I bought a plastic chest of drawers to organize last year. Doll stuff takes up 6 large drawers and then they've got 4 smaller ones devoted to restringing and maintenance things. They take up an entire walk in closet now. Eep.

14. I can never quite believe how many dolls I have ended up with after the years of this hobby.

It is much harder, I feel, than it used to be to sell off unused dolls or items like clothes, wigs and eyes.

15. pretty literally every time that I go to look though my doll stuff I wonder how I ended up with so much.
      I have boxes and boxes of clothes,shoes, accessories, and props, but that doesn't stop me from continuing to acquire more.
      I think the stuff I have for dolls is almost as much a collection as they themselves are if I'm honest xD

16. This. Although I realized last night that in a year I went from six Pukifees to fifteen - and that's after selling one. Darn ol' FairyLand.... :)

ETA - I've been collecting BJDs for close to two years, but other dolls since 2008. So yeah, I have stuff. Lots and lots of stuff.