1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When do you consider your doll to be ''Complete''?

Mar 17, 2010

?
  1. Yes! You bet! Outta the question!

2. Welllll.... I have been meaning too... butttt..... Fine! No! Gosh!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Well, mikado is complete in terms that he has wig, face, body, accessories, etc
      Rem's complete, he's got everything.
      Rhei is a fine line. He's got his outfit, face, eyes, etc, but I don't have his bunny ears or tail.
      Everyone else kinda needs bodies.
      But in general, if they have a head, body, and eyes, they're complete (I can always wip a wig up)

2. Right now all mine are more or less complete. Only their collection of clothing is in flux. One more dress here, another pair of pants there, shoes for this one, socks for that one. Maybe an accessory here or there. Otherwise, all my "kids" know who they are, what their stories are, and how I expect them to look. But that's just for right NOW.

- ShadowHawke -

3. I don't have a doll yet, but I feel I can contribute anyhow. For me, my doll would be complete once we slap a good face and wig on it. Really though, when you come down to it, I think it will always be changing and the doll, regardless of state of dress/hair/face, would be a complete thing. For me, anyway.

4. My dolls are complete when they meet or excede my current skill level as far as detailed clothing and face-up goes, and have appropriate wig, eyes and accessories. I find that my 'best', two years ago, is different than my best today, so a lot of my dolls have been undergoing some changes, for clothing and face-up.

5. I think of a doll as "complete" when they have a name & the right 'look'.
      Only one of my dolls (excluding anthro's) thus far is complete- he has the right hair, eyes, clothes, face up & tattoos. He also has a deep background story but that isn't necessary, just a personality. One of my dolls, whose character I have been tossing around for over a year now, is STILL incomplete- he was NS, then swapped him into WS, now he's going back to NS (always the same sculpt)! I feel when he comes back to me he will be complete as I have all his accessories here waiting for him.
      Half my dolls are still awaiting bodies, or the right clothes, the right wig... They may have personalities but they are by no means complete.

I think when you are happy with your dolls look & character, they are physically complete!
      But that could take an endless amount of time XD

6. I consider a doll to be "complete" when I don't have to worry about my in-laws coming over and finding it on the coffee table, and anything I can't do myself has been done.
      So a head, body, all mods (if this particular doll has any,) eyes, wig, face-up, and some sort of outfit. I'm addicted to making doll clothes, so it doesn't have to be the perfect outfit, but I can't do a face-up to save my life, so the doll is not "done" until I am happy with the face-up.

7. I just don't think of my dolls like that. Basically, they wear what they've got until I get bored with it and go looking for something else, or until I stumble upon something I like better. That goes for eyes, wigs and clothes. Shoes are sort of optional- they get one pair, but if I think they need more then I'll buy them. My dolls' characters are school kids, so there's no real way to have them in specific outfits (besides their uniforms) everyday. I suppose it would also depend on the shoot I was doing. Or whether or not I've made anything recently. There's no real 'complete' though, it's just whatever I feel like at the time.

8. This is how I feel. I like trying out new wigs/eyes/faceups too much to commit to anything permanantly. At the moment my girl has a favourite wig I think of as her 'real hair' but she'll wear others for photoshoots. As for clothes, I want to have more than one outfit for her, even if they are all much the same style.
      I have two states in my mind: 'Incomplete' and 'subject to change'. :D

9. Since my dolls right now are all new characters who I am making as I go, I'm not too focused on a 'complete'. Mostly because I don't have a complete image for them in mind. Even if I find on and am super happy for a long time, I may get tired of it oneday and start over. I don't feel things are right unless I am atleast content with their looks though. ^_^;

10. Some of my dolls are complete. They have their own style, the perfect eyes, wig, accessories. Some need more and bigger accessories than others. My pirate girl Amara has the perfect wig, eyes, clothes, a treasure chest, and a bedroom but she won't be complete until I finally put her pirate ship together. I think completeness includes the setting and accessories that the doll needs so their story can be told. My gibson girl will need a wardrobe and a parlor of her own to be complete, while my modern day gypsy is already complete-he needs fewer items. LOL

11. Very interesting topic :)

I think a doll is complete when they've got their correct wig, eyes, and face-up, and two full set of clothes that are nice and suit their character. Because I'm always tweaking my dolls I would say that right now none of them are comeplete. I have one that meets all of my own criterias but now I'm thinking of changing his mold, but I'm only thinking about it so I'm not sure if he's complete or not.

I'm not sure if I'll ever have complete dolls because I always want to try something new with them like changing their hair or eye colors or something.

12. Mine is "complete" in terms of character, personality, wig, eyes, and all that, but I'm still working on getting him his character outfits. I don't think I'll consider him complete until he has a couple of good outfits that fit his character well. But, for right now, he is mostly complete.

13. Hmm.... An interesting question! I consider my dolls sort of "complete" when they have eyes, hair, sueding (if neccessary) blush and face-up that matches their personality. But this does not mean that they can't be refined! I do my own face-ups, so every time I do one I get a little better and see where this doll or that could use improvement. Usually once I choose the perfect wig (for which I'll spend months looking) I don't change it. I also don't change out the eyes because it's such an important part of who they are. But I'm alway making new clothes, doing up my girl's hair, redoing face-up and body blushing, and things like that. I hav a tiny that needs a new body, but she will still have the same face.

I guess they can never be truly complete because they are always evolving, just like people. They are complete in the sense that they are presentable.

14. Since my first two dolls are based on characters I've had in mind for years now- they'll be finished when I get them to completely resemble the character I've got. For Daniel, he's got his eyes and wig- but he'll need a better face-up, hot-glue sueding, and his Berdan Sharpshooter uniform, pack and gun. The hardest will be the Civil War uniform, kit and gun as I'm going to have to sew everything from scratch.
      For Shauna Kei- Daniel's girl and my main character-will I still have to get her, but once she gets here she doesn't need quite as much gear- although I probably will make her armor.

15. To me, there's a difference between completed and perfected. For me, my dolls are complete when they have a wig that works (the right color and style), eyes that work (the right color and size), a faceup that works, a name, at least a vague personality, and full outfit that works with their personality and style. They're perfected when they have the perfect wig, the perfect eyes, the perfect faceup, a fully realized personality and backstory, and plenty of clothes.

16. For me, a doll is complete when it has a face-up, and a wig, shoes and clothes and eyes that I find perfect for it's character.
      For my Soom dolls with fantasy parts, they also have to be blushed before I'd consider them complete. And they wouldn't need any shoes ofcourse.

17. Ermm....I have currently two "complete" dolls. Ryo, and Elric. (My ShirouT and WS Peroth.)

For me to consider any doll totally complete they must have, : Their intended Wig(s), Eyes, face up, bodies and Head molds. If they are missing even one of these they are not "complete".

As such, I have a whole bunch of Dolls are not complete , a few only need their forever face-ups. some need bodies. (Yay for Floating heads.) others, I can seem to find their proper wigs for, Thus the hunt continues to find/ purchase the parts to complete my doll collection.

18. I feel my doll is complete when:
      - he/she has a proper makeup,
      - a most suitable wig is chosen (I love the idea of the only wig for every doll though Zoryana has two. Simon has one wig for his character and another wig for cosplay but both are of the same color),
      - a pair of eyes chosen. I can change the brand eventually but also one doll - one pair of eyes,
      - all mods are done.

So, clothes do not matter for them, though I have a certain style in mind of course. Body blushing may be changed too.

I feel that only Leo is complete. I redid his makeup recently and also did several mods.
      Zoryana has gone through the very extensive face modding in the very beginning, but she still needs some modding (I have Apoxie sculpt already so I can make her eyes smaller). But I love her makeup too much to start it all again right now.
      Simon looks OK now but I suppose I may change something in the future. This is always so when you look at your own work 'cause he has a custom made head.

19. For me, a doll is complete when they have;
      - a fixed name
      - a fixed character/personality
      - the correct face up
      - the correct pair of eyes
      - at least two wigs in the right colour, but in different styles
      - at least one full outfit of their own
      - at least one pair of shoes of their own
      - at least one set of underwear of their own

By these criteria, none of my dolls are complete, but a few of them are on their way to completion. My SDC Kurt, Rupert, has a name, history/personality, eyes/outfit/shoes and underwear, but I have yet to find an alternative wig for him in a suitable style, in the right colour. Rupert is the closest to being complete.

20. Out of 8 I own and have had at least here for a little while, only 2 are complete. 2 are at artists getting worked on soon I hope, weather is an issue. Also 4 others 3 just arrived yesterday need either a new face up, or their first as well as wigs and eyes picked still. It's a long process for some and never cheap. Plus I have to really look at one to decide is she really the one I want. It never fails, I get one just as I am lusting after another.