1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When do you consider your doll to be ''Complete''?

Mar 17, 2010

?
  1. Yes! You bet! Outta the question!

2. Welllll.... I have been meaning too... butttt..... Fine! No! Gosh!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Lol for me my dolls are pretty much never complete.

once I think they are something always pops up that would be just perfect for X doll. And i love changing little things like clothes over time as well.

and still having 2 floating heads around without a body does not help the completeness of my collection ;)

2. i guess they are "complete" when i don't want to change anything anymore - My Sia (Emmaline) is one i consider "complete since i love her eyes and wig and face and really i want to keep them just as they are. I change outfits on her of course, but maintain her particular style and of course her character/personality is something i'm happy with too. She is exactly IRL as she is in my mind and imagination.

That's pretty rare for me though! most dolls are a WIP (work in progress), i can always think of something that can be better ...

3. My dolls are complete when they perfectly personify the characters they are meant to be.

As such, none of my dolls are complete at the moment. =P

4. My dolls are complete when they have the perfect wig, face-up, clothes, shoes and accessories. It's fun to find the PERFECT items, because it's a challenge. ;3

5. My dolls are complete when they have the right faceup, eyes, and wig along with some clothing pieces that suit them. They're all supposed to be very specific characters so this often takes some time because I am very picky. Their wardrobes are never complete because I'll just keep buying when I see something that suits someone and add it to the collection, the only exception being Lelouch and Suzaku who will be complete when they have their proper Zero Requiem timeline Code Geass costumes on top of everything else.

So I actually have several complete dolls, and some that are almost there. Lelouch just needs a wig that doesn't fill me with rage over his bangs.

6. I agree with a lot of people that my doll is complete once it has the right faceup, eyes, wig, and one "default" outfit (which is basically the outfit that suits them perfectly- the one I fall back on when I'm bored with everything else). My dolls are never in a complete state forever, though, since I love to change their faceups, wigs and eyes, haha! It kind of refreshes them. So once that goes underway, I suppose they're not complete anymore until I finish with it.

I answered "yes" on the poll because 4/5 of my dolls are "complete" at the moment. :3

7. Hmmm... I consider them complete when they have good paint, the right eyes and wig, and one appropriate set of clothing (if applicable). A good photoshoot would be the crowning touch, but this doesn't always happen.

Raven

8. To be "complete" over here, a doll needs:

- A body of their own (if they came in as a Floating Head without one-)
      - The proper wig and eyes
      - A face-up that suits them
      - ... And an appropraite outfit or two.

By those criteria, the majority of my dolls are finished... Several need to have their current face-ups redone, two are blank and need their first face-ups, Palrah doesn't have any of his CoH costumes yet, and Rain still needs a body... but everyone else is pretty much in their "final form". There's a certain satisfaction when you finally get them to that point.

9. "Complete" to me is a doll with:
      • a definite name
      • a "full" head w/ faceup and eyes
      • a dedicated assembled body (as in, not shared)
      • a default wig
      • a default outfit that represents the character is their purest form, as I picture them in my head
      "Default" in this context meaning: their "uncostumed" form; how they look when not dressed up; an item assigned to them alone.

Since I have a fair number of dolls that were sold as a set, those girls only need a name. For Dollfie Dreams, it's even easier as they come with that too.

The default outfit is where I get stuck. Off the shelf stuff generally doesn't fit what I have in mind, mostly because my characters are all fantasy and demand something fantastic. I think in the end, I will only accept custom default outfits, i.e. a costume made specifically for the character/doll combination in mind. The irony is that I rarely use the default outfits I do have; they're the doll's Sunday best and I want to keep them nice.

So until I stop being lazy and commission something, the incomplete girls will probably stay that way for the near future. They'll still have clothes and such, but in my head, I will know there's more to do. The Volks character dolls I own are so much more convenient in this sense!

10. Body, face up, wig, eyes, and tolerable clothes and a backstory

11. I definitely need them to have an adequate, if not perfect faceup, though that doesn't worry me too much because I paint my own dolls and I can always fix it. I also need them to have correct eyes and wig, though clothes doesn't bother me as much. They need to have clothing that generally fit their style, but I don't really need the "default outfit". My dolls represent characters that are everyday people, so their wardrobes are subject to a lot of fluctuation.

I'd consider my Soom Cass complete though I intend to get her better quality stuff. And she doesn't own a single scrap of her own clothing, but we just "clicked" right away and that's the most important part. ^^

12. My dolls are "complete enough" but not "completely complete"! I've got tons of eyes and wigs and clothes, but it's hard to find that perfect look that really is essentially the character... Like my elves... I want to find them the perfect elf look and so far I have not, even though I come close and some of their outfits are amazing and I'm very happy with them. I think something can always be improved... finding the perfect type of eye and color... finding the perfect outfit and wig and shoes and accessories.

I don't really wish to have my dolls complete, because it may mean that they can never change! And I like shopping for them... so I don't mind everything being a work-in-progress that is still very presentable and lovely and enjoyable along the way...

13. I think there should have been a 'nearly there' option. >> I consider a doll 'nearly there' when they're only missing something like the proper eyes or a wig. In which case they are 'complete' in their character, just waiting on shipping or something inane like that. >> My Tanso sat around for almost a year in the 'temp' wig until I got off my bum and ordered his permanent hair off the MP. He was 'nearly there' before, in personality and such, he was just waiting for me to find the perfect 'Tanso' Hair.

Liina was 'complete' about a week after I got him. >> Just needed a custom face up which my friend did as a gift for me, and he just WAS.

My incoming Sprite boy is 'incomplete' and will probably be so for a while. >> He still needs dyed, painted, faced, eyes, wig, and clothes. XD He's a project baby.

14. I only have one doll and he's not complete, but getting close xD
      I think I'll consider him complete when he has the right name, faceup, hair and eyes c:
      So far he's got a name and his new faceup, i'll have to try the rest when i finally get 'em c:
      Right now my dollie just got his completed faceup, and i bought a couple pair of eyes, hair and even new clothes to see how well I can get him to work with this new look! c:
      I'm still trying to figure him out; originally i wanted a character to suite him...,but he decided he wanted to go his own ways and wanted things done differently! Which I don't mind that much, makes him all the special-er to me! xD
      Clothes doesn't bother me much, since people change clothes in RL anyways~

15. I'd have to say, for me...its more of a feeling I guess?

When I look at them and think 'ok that's just right' I'm happy and they look like whatever character they represent, then they're 'complete'. But that doesn't mean I'm done making new outfits, giving new faceups, changing eyes, whatever. I like to be able to keep working on them and changing them. If I had a doll that I was unable to work on, felt uninspired with them or whatever, I wouldnt be nearly as happy with them.

16. The moment I bond with my doll is the moment I consider them complete. That, however, does not mean that I won't feel like changing a 'default' wig or eyes sometime in the future on said doll or re-think the doll's/character's style, adding little things like piercings and so on. This is more of a .. let's say fine-tuning thing for me?
      Once I'm able to see my original character in the particular doll i chose, it's complete. And that only happens when I look at them and it 'clicks'.

17. None of my dolls are complete... -_- Not including the obvious fact that 2 need bodies, although their heads do look nice on my shelf. Heh, for me, a doll being complete is more when they look 'right' for their character. As in the right wig colour and style, eyes that 'pop', any modifications/tattoos/special faceups and clothes that are right for their style. (Although they could always use more). My Abadon needs his tattoos soon and facial peircings, but I don't want to send him away just yet. He has the right wig and some extra clothes coming soon, thank goodness. When I look at them all and I'm satisfied with the look, they'll hopefully be done.

18. Well seeing as my dolls have characters, I would consider them "complete" when they have all the proper outfits, wigs, faceups, etc. :)

19. This is similar to my feelings.

One meaning of complete is "brought to an end", so to me the word "complete" leaves no room for a doll to evolve. My enjoyment in the hobby is really about how my dolls evolve. I'm often fiddling with eyes, wigs, and outfits. I'm always adding to and tweaking backstories. As far as I'm concerned my dolls have never been incomplete (they've always had faceups, eyes, wigs, etc...), but they will never be concluded either.

20. complete my dolls seems never happend to me=A= Since I always changes the style of them.

Once I think they have been completed, it's only means he has been completed this ime...just a short period of time.
      Or means they have been perfect in this style of clothes.

Well... from now I think my first boy has been "complete enough", because he has 5pairs of eyes, more than 10 set of clothes and shoes as well..... but still far away from "completly enough". Being completly enough seems means have no change at all, that's what I dont like to see. For my second doll, he's only a head now cuz I havent found a right body yet. I think he might share some wigs and clothes with his brother, but still, far away from complete....