1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When do you consider your doll to be ''Complete''?

Mar 17, 2010

?
  1. Yes! You bet! Outta the question!

2. Welllll.... I have been meaning too... butttt..... Fine! No! Gosh!

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. I consider my dolls 'complete' when I'm happy with them. When they reflect the image that I have in my head, their personalities are shining through, and I'm happy with the quality of their faceup/eyes/wig/clothing. When their stories are complete, and I'm content with their apperance My dolls tend to 'evolve' over time, and I love them more and more with each change. I'm not sure if I'll ever really be completely happy with them, because to me there's always something to improve or change. But I guess this sort of thing takes time :] maybe one day I'll get there.

2. I'd say a complete doll to me would be getting everything they need to be THEM!
      Like, their right eyes, wig, face-up, mods (if needed), and style!
      Citlali, my first doll, is more complete then not. I could probably use a few more articles of clothing to make style more polished and complete. Like, form fitting tees. XD
      Tsuki whom I just got in Jan of this year already has his wig, eyes, and perfect face-up. Now I just need to generally figure out his style. But for the most part, his style is good. Just needs to be polished. o uo)b

3. Well, for me. "To complete" is mean [for all] that I've got every doll I wanted. [But I don't think it'll come true] But for single doll like my little Sen, is for him to have 'best' outfit, wigs and eyes. I still don't know when he'll complete but maybe he'll someday?

4. my boys will never be "complete" .
      because in the moment i got them outfit wigs shoes etc, when they're all dressed up and i look at them i think: ok, they're fine as i thought, but now its time to change style XD

5. All my dolls are complete =D what i mean by 'complete' is that they have developed a personality, they have their own sense of fashion/style and they all have their permanent/default wig, eyes and face up. :p

6. My doll will be complete when I get everything I need for her.
      A good purple wig with good purple eyes. After I get those, my friend will re-do the faceup.
      I've got a couple outfits in mind.. Once I get one/all of those, plus the wig and eyes, my doll will be 'complete'
      not to say I wont add on to her... Just changes of clothes, though. :)

7. It kind of depends on the doll for me. My Mr. Have is based on a super particular character, that only ever wears one outfit, so once his faceup and blushing and elaborate costume were finally finished, he became complete. My Clean Slate on the other hand is constantly being updated, with new wig styles, varying faceups depending on my mood, and an ever changing wardrobe. I think she's completely in character, but I doubt she'll ever be complete. Where would the fun in that be? :D

8. I guess it'll be when there's nothing niggling at me that I need to change or make or whatever. When I can't think of anything more she might need. But I kind of don't want to finish her. >A<;; What will I do when she's done? Will I put her away and move on to the next one? How sadddddd. I hope it doesn't happen soon.
      Also, for me, body blushing is not optional. So to the usual things everyone is agreeing upon, add body blushing for me~

9. Nice Topic and an easy question for me x)

They are complete when i look at them and feeling happy.
      Usually i have a wig color and eye color in my mind for them but things are never really turning out this way x)
      For example : I wanted my KD Lemon having a white wig and blue eyes.. she´s still not complete since the eyes i thought might fit perfect still seems to be too dark..
      My Dolls are usually pretty much turning out like their character is.
      I usually find the perfect wig or eyes by accident x) like trying several on and then the one you would have never thought would fit looks just amazing.
      And when i look at them having their perfect wigs & perfect eyes , having this feeling that there is nothing left to do for me than to redress them and take photos of them .. : Then they are complete. : )
      I do agree that they need a name too ;)

... and some clothes x)

10. I feel the doll is (well my dolls anyways) is complete when they have everything that they should have to recreate their characters properly. I might forgo clothing if in a bind and say they are complete, so I guess minimum requirement is their basic look (face-up, wig, eyes, parts)

11. Wig
      Faceup
      Nail polish
      Clothes
      Shoes
      Props + Chair that fits the doll
      Doll Stand
      Carrying bag

12. I really don't consider my doll right now to be complete... His eyes and wig don't really suit him that well and his clothes don't really reflect his personality >< He only wears those clothes because I wanted to get him an initial outfit and I realized that it doesn't fit him. Perhaps when I get to matching his eyes and hair to his personality and get him some new clothes, that's when I'll consider him to be complete :D

13. I consider a doll of mine complete when it has the right eyes, the right wig and the proper face up.
      Of course they depend on the character I have created and the look I have in mind for it. Sometimes my idea changes too and than I have to send away a complete doll to have it replaced with another one more suitable for the character or simply to have its face up redone.
      ^^

14. I consider a doll complete when they've got a nice faceup (or other customizations if needed), several outfits, a pair of shoes, a wig, and eyes, all of which fit the character and image I have in mind for them. So, in my eyes, my B&G Sapphira is complete (although I do want to blush his ears and hands someday), while my Soom Glot is not (she still needs her horns and hooves blushed, and I would like to get her a wavier wig).

15. I think it would take a lot to complete. There is the faced ups, wigs and eyes, then clothing and accessories. I would hazard to guess for what purpose the doll is. If it’s going to be this living thing it may never be finished but I would hope at some point that you will have the right ‘fit’ and have a sense of completion.

I figure it would be a feeling more then anything.

16. I don't think a doll is ever complete. We as people are constantly changing and redeveloping ourselves over the years. And many of us tend to do the same with our dolls, as if they too internally grow. We may "complete" them to suit their current personality, but in my opinion they are never truly complete. All ways a work in progress, but that seems to be one of the great thinks about this hobby.

17. For me a truly complete doll needs the basics (hair, eyes, clothes, doll, ect) but he/she may also need certain acessories or modifications. ie my Midori needs a lizard tail and scales on parts of her, not to mention some sort of ballet clothes, I would also like a different wig. Once I have those things, she will be 'complete' I know who she is, and she may grow, change, or get new stuff, just like a person.

Now I have a doll named Merryweather, she has cute clothes, nice wig, eyes, and face-up. She seems physically complete (well needs more adorable clothes but hey...) no as for her character... she doesn't quite have one, and I love her but I feel as if she cannot be complete to me without that. I know character isn't important to some people, but for me it is. If I just buy a doll for being 'cute' or 'pretty' they will eventually get a character, it happened easily with my Puki Abbey, for her, she is quiet and takes some time.

18. When I look at my doll and I am completely happy with everything. That everything clicks. From wig to eyes to face to outfit to shoes to accessories. They are complete when there is nothing left that I want to change and when they have their own personality. :)

19. I think my dolls are "complete" once they have everything they need for a Photostory (Not a photoshoot!).
      That would mean hair, eyes, possible accessories, face-up and some decent clothes. Not some kind of a random ribbon covering the critical areas (Except if the doll's meant to be that way. o.o ) but some real clothes that fit the doll's character.
      Oh, and of course the doll needs a background story and a personality. ^^

20. Just when I think my boy is complete, Ill look over to him and think... "Huh, that boy needs [insert text here] really badly. Buuut, if i do that then [insert text here] wont work so well... " Its a vicious cycle that i doubt Ill be free of =_= I'm hoping that when i get him a friend with actual legs i wont be so obsessive about him. Although, then the obsession will probably transfer to that doll, so ja, I'm going to be fussing for a long time.