1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When does it end, the doll acquisition stage?!

Jun 15, 2007

1. If my wishlist is any indicator, there will never be an end as long as I can afford them, a factor that comes and goes in spats. It might cool down someday, but I doubt it.

2. This is probably affected by a variety of life circumstances and personality traits. Are there any predictable stages? And with noticeable, measurable lengths of time,,, or after accomplishing certain plans? I haven't been here long enough to observe this yet. You can add me in with the ones saying "neverrrrrrrrr" -- but I admit I have a compulsive, addictive kinda nature. I don't think there is any way for me to predict if a time will come that my fascination with these dolls and all the things you can do with them will wane or even pass out of my life.

I'm grateful I have a drive and joy in something. I've been able to invest completely in it because I think the chances are pretty strong that a secondary market for dolls will remain. I believe my dolls have enough wonder about them that someone else will want to give them a home if my priorities change. I think being a little "crazy" about dolls beats being so depressed nothing can make you want to get out of bed. I'm grateful what "hooked" me isn't physically damaging my body. And I haven't turned to any illegal behaviors to support my dolly spending. ^^ I have made some priority decisions about finances that I don't expect any approval from anyone for. My plans are certainly complex and creative. To get back to your question:

I set out to explore for one full year, which just ended. I purchased my first doll in March of 2011. Beginning now my primary focus is the fun, hands-on exploration, as compared to a year of studying and decision making, then shopping and purchasing. Which was [CrAzzzie??] fun! I expect this year will also be a year of offering a few dolls up for their next adventure at someone else's house, where they will I'm sure spread the fun around.

3. I originally thought I'd only have 2 and be content with them. 4 years later, I now have 18 dolls (17 BJD's and 1 Obitsu). With semi-immediate plans to bring home 3 more Obitsu's and quite possibly 3 MSD's and maybe another tiny as well as maybe 2 other tiny BJD's made by 3D printing....

Yeah, not exactly stopping. Slowing, yes, as my financial situation is very different from the previous 2 years where I dramatically inceased my Resin Army because of more disposable income to my credit. But as long as I can afford to buy the doll that is my exact mental image of whatever character they are, I likely will.

4. I never made plans about how many or what height. I just got the dolls I liked when I had the money to do so. But I have 10 now and am waiting for two others. Maybe I should have made plans. ^^;

5. I dont think it will ever stop for me...im always wanting to add new characters to my stories or got to have sculpts. I have gotten two dolls so far this year but one was a trade so ive only bought one this year but when i have the money i will buy my grails dolls