1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When does it end, the doll acquisition stage?!

Jun 15, 2007

1. Except if the doll you REALLY want was your first doll ever. Like Baron was for me. He's the first, the most perfect, the one who will never leave.

And yet...I continue to buy...I am REALLY sitting on my hands but hoping against hope (even though that's bad for the seller) that the little tiny I want will still be there when I can spare money to buy her T_T

2. I've slowed down since I've began, not that I was ever rapidly acquiring dolls. I've bought 7 in the past 2 years. What I have noticed is that I've become pickier and pickier. I fell in love with Souldoll's Hye, but since she is only 55cm and I've been keeping my collection to 60cm and higher I doubt I will be purchasing her in the future. It took me a long while before purchasing Unidoll 13 because she was French Resin. I decided after 8 long months that I loved her sculpt so much that the resin was irrelevant. I think it's more people's personality. I've never been one to buy a lot on impulse. I like to mull things over and come back to it after a while. I'm fickle and I hate wasting time purchasing if I'm only going to return/sell it later.

3. : | until you are satisfied[or done with the hobby], which may be never XD!
      but um, i think it would stop [for me at least] once i get the doll of my dreams

4. I dunno, I have a set plan I buy one doll a year always have, always will. So three years in the hobby three dolls. Its been a good way for me keep a limit on myself and not go crazy with the doll buying..otherwhys I'd probaly be in a lot of debt.

5. I'm going to be nit-picky about everything so it prevents me from buying every doll I think is pretty. :sweat I'm saving for another doll, and then all these new LEs come out and throw me off track. :( Must stick to the plan!
      Darn you LEs and your pressure.

6. when you mom says "THATS IT!!! MY CREDIT CARD CANTS TAKES IT NO MORES!!!!!!!" like my mom does :roll: hence im not getting anymore dolls till i get to high school

7. I think it does slow down but it won't STOP and that is the most important thing, ne? :) Me, I've bought 3 in the past 2 and 1/2 years I've been an owner (all of them bought within approx. half a year in between purchases--it's all coincidental) but it took me a while before I found my 4th one. I think it's because you fill out whatever you think/feel that you want one by one with each of your dolls and, as your collection grows, the your feeling of completeness grows also and since the emptiness is getting smaller and smaller, it is harder (or it takes a longer time now) to find a doll that will fill another empty space within you, one that isn't already taken by another one of your dolls.

Sometimes, you find a mold that fills a space (that was occupied by another doll) better than the former one and you sell your old one and replace it with the new but that's not really that common. (It is more common that an owner, because of circumstances out of his/her control, has to sacrifice and sell a doll, rather than s/he wanting to replace the doll and/or the owner's intention for that space was really the new one and s/he only bought the old one as temporary filler.)

And there's also the fact that there will always be new dolls, new molds. Who knows? You may have thought that you've had enough... then you see this new, pretty/hot/handsome/cute [insert company] doll that you really, suddenly, HAVE TO HAVE (as a way to fill an empty space that you weren't aware was there in the first place). I think it's the feeling of completing yourself that I like about collectiong BJDs in the first place. :)

8. Aww thats so cute, I hope I can do that for my Zi,(DOD Kirill) first doll an I hope I can just keep him but Im too addicted to dollzone meigi and I want him so bad, my mother said that its because I want Zi so bad I'm just..lusting for a doll at the moment so hopefully that will change, last week I had an enormous list of dolls I was planning on getting but the feelings going slighty :)

I do have a urge to buy things for Zi (here isnt even here yet!) that I dont have the money for :roll: I've bought far to much stuff O_O, clothes have the same affect on me that doll sculpts did.

I think after 6 months I'll condsider another doll, ...cos yeah I really want a meigi :lol: just so glad that weird "omg buy buy dolls!" phase is over.

I guess it depends on each person o.O....will power maybe?

9. Well for me....so far....never ends.....just slows down....

I've had dolls all my life (over 40 group....thank you very much....LOL).

My dolls have changed over the years....but favorites stay from each size and type.

I have become very attached to my BJDs....and have almost stopped buying most of the other types/brands of dolls. (Mumble....but must have the Pirates of the Carribean Tonner dolls....LOL.)

STOP?? No. The companies are coming out with fantastic new ones all the time....AARGHH! Just about the time I think there isn't another one I need....;)

Wanders off....new Limwha Male....Unidoll Knight....

:)

10. I don't know if it ever ends, I have seven dolls and I want MORE!! I am currently saving for another one now. I have what's called a "dollie fund" jar. I just drop loose change occassionally into it or when I have a few extra dollars to spare...etc.So, NO it never ends...

11. I've been in the doll hobby for nearly a decade now and I can tell you as a participant of a long-time study -------- it has not ended. ^^

12. It seems to have ended for me. I say "seems" in that since I was able to acquire my dream doll, I just haven't felt an overwhelming desire to have any others. I guess maybe for me, that I just haven't seen any who take my breath away like he does, and so my desire to have "more" seems to have faded.

I am open to the idea that this might change at some point in the future, but for now, I seem perfectly happy and satisfied with the group of dolls I have.

13. aahahaaaaaaahahahaaaaaaa... No it doesn't.

Welcome to the fold. ;)

14. Gosh I hope soon for me! I think I'm a glutton, every pretty face I see, I want, lol. I think LaTi will have all my money by year's end, lol.

I think it differs for each person. Every person has their own style of collecting, and their own way of enjoying their dolls. I'm at the stage of trying to find more clothes, shoes and wigs for mine, but that feeling of wanting another doll just does not go away. While things may slow down for me, I don't think I'd ever completely stop.

15. I had thought I was done, even though there were dolls on my wish list. Then came NYC Dolpa 2, and like another member posted here, I was hooked again! :lol Seriously though, it had been well over a year between my last BJD purchase, and Yo-SD Lin was the first doll I'd seriously wanted in all that time, only to miss out in May. So I set my sights on just enjoying the "chorus line" I have, waiting to see what delights would be in the next. I hadn't thought I buy any dolls at Dolpa (I don't count 2 Sch. Heads), but then made a very impulsive decision to do an FSC MSD Sunlight boy when a slot opened on the wait list in NYC. And I'm still half way wondering if I did the right thing there...but he's gonna be fantastic, and I'll probably have no regrets when I finally see my Yamanaka in late September. ;) Meanwhile, I've developed a real yen for Yo Lin, and a very special doll that slipped through my fingers last year, may be mine one day soon too. ;) So, I never say never when it comes to something I love, but I do go through buying phases, and non-buying phases.

Juli DC ;)

16. OH I am so hooked it's not even funny. I have loved dolls of all sorts and always been able to get money first then doll. But these guys have a power over me. I feel until I have owned a doll from every company I can't really say what is my for sure keeps and what has to go. I have sold, bought and sold again. It's endless. The only ones I keep are the ones I have an instant bond to, while others seem to only have so much time before they are put up for sale to find another I must have. I have been lucky in that because I will allow long layways the dolls ell without to much loss. But if I go into panic mode due to a big CC bill then no one is safe from being sold for a loss to get those bucks extra fast. I think of them all I have sold 3 that was soon as I opened box knew they had to go. Others it was more or less no matter what I did wig, eyes even clothes they just were not going to stay and a couple sadly I had to part with because of the CC problem. I am hoping I am getting better. I want to make them clothes to save money, limit one set of eyes and one wig to each as I like them to have a set way of looking. But then another one shows up that I need to have and the wigs fly and the eyes pop in and out and I have to figure if they are keepers or must leave.

My biggest fear is the one I really enjoy will have to be sold because I know money can be raised with his leaving. But he is the backbone to my stories and I would sooner sell another at a loss then lose him.

Hoping in 08 things will slow down as I will have been in this for almost a year (Feb 07 it began) Then can look at clothes I can't amke and those I can and maybe just maybe sell clothes to support the habit better and smarter.

17. ah i feel this really.

I've gotten to the point where i still REALLY REALLY want them but i'm kinda spending a huge chunk of money that was meant for my next doll to go towards doll clothes and things for the boys at home.

I don't know. I have 2 (3 including Kai's Roy) and a head at home. I love them to bits, i still want to body Asmodeus, get JezAbel, Invi and Babelozar, Belial and whoelse on my list. But in a way. I don't have to have all of them. I would love to just be able to get Jez, Asmo and Invi and i can stop.

But the money would still be churning out... in the form of, i'll just get them all expensive outfits instead of a new doll! A year ago i was mopping not having a doll. now, i have 3 surrounding me and doll stuff all around the house. It's scary in a way. I haven't got loads in a short amount of time. But it is weird.

I think after Jez and Asmodeus i can pack it in and call it a day for buying dolls. But i can say this for sure. One day i would love to have Volks Tony in my collection. He was the first doll i went "Wow" when i saw him. I would love to have him with my boys. El-ss and El took my heart after but who can forget the first one that strikes them? So maybe, if i can manage to get a body, a Shine and a Tony. It'll be time to focus on what i have and not what i want anymore.

18. Ha! I'm glad I'm stingy and picky. I'm the kind of person that never gets addicted to ANYTHING. EVER.

Almost TO rational sometimes. I know one day there will be some awesome thing for my doll, and it will be 20 something dollars over my budget and I won't get it hahhaa.

I know I'll want to get my boy a little sister and a partner down the line. But I'm in no rush right now. :)

<3

19. I'm pretty picky, otherwise I'd be wanting dolls left and right! But I've noticed that I'm going beyond the "three sons" and a floating head I originally planned to own. I splurged on a Xi-Aleister and am getting the DZ promo bunny. Now I find myself wanting to seek out an old limited doll despite my reservations about buying secondhand dolls. I'm even craving dolls that don't exist (e.g. a 70cm vampire.) I'm trying to keep my desires reigned in better and not explode into having 10+ dolls since I know perfectly well I won't be able to care for them all properly.

20. heh...funny ^^; i just mentioned that i had ordered eyes, and after giving me an odd look, my dad casually mentioned that i should calm down with the dolly spending.

I ordered my first august 10th, got her sept 29th, and between 8/10 and now i've got 1.5 (i ended up ordering another head with a friend shortly after ordering my first)....and i just orderd a body for my head, and thats who the eyes were for as well. I fully intend to buy one more in a month, too--I've got almost all the money saved up for him.

Of course, i've got one hell of a dream list, but i fiugre after these 3, i'm coolingi t for a while. Although, the thing is, i've gotten in the habit of setting money aside for them. Specific amounts from each paycheck. Although, i think for a bit after these guys i'll be trying to put that towards something else, somehow. (even though i really want a tiny after, i'll take that saving venture a little slower, i think. Just so it doesnt look like i'm spending EVERYTHING i've got on them.)

My parents think i'm nuts. And i understand why. *I* think i'm nuts. But i love it. And its not like i'm spending everythig i've got, i'm still saving money other than resincash too, so i dont see a huge problem. Although i suppose i should put money towards my school books after i get my next one, so thats where my savigns is going after. Stupid expensive books @.o;

At this point i'm hoping ic an turn around and be able to make some clothes or wigs or accessories or something i can sell to up my dollfund rather than take it out of my paychecks. Wishful thinking, though, since i'm not that awesome at sewing. ^^;

---of course, if Luts does the Juri head event, i'll be ordering my 3rd during that...and i'll have another floating head on my hands XD