1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When Friends Mess With Your Doll?

May 24, 2010

1. I haven't had anyone harass my doll like that... o___o I'd probably get really short with them and tell them that I'd hurt them if they hurt my doll... Or lock her up somewhere.

One time I let a friend hold my floating head, and she accidentally dropped it on the concrete. I was actually really calm about it, the head only had an unnoticeable scratch on the chin, and didn't freak out at all. It was a total accident, though, and if someone did that on purpose, I think I'd put a scratch on their chin... (totally joking, I'm not a violent person, but they'd get a serious piece of my mind. *shakes fist*)

2. I was honest about the cost of my dolls right off the bat with my friends and most of them simply make the choice to keep their hands off. They know how much I care for my dolls and how impossible it would be to replace most of them and so instead of getting into a bad situation they made the choice to simply avoid the dolls all together. Which is fine with me. :)

3. I don't have my first doll yet, but I'd be just as protective. Thankfully my friends are either doll people or scared of them, so no worries there. =p

My friend has offered to let me handle his dolls, but I'm still pretty pensive, they cost a lot and I'm pretty clumsy sometimes... but mainly just paranoid (life lessons learnt from EVE, don't use what you can't afford to replace)

4. I usually stare at them evily until they stop touching her and then they usually walk away.

5. I completely understand. I have one friend who I can't stand being around my dolls. He always picks them up and puts them in stupid positions, like her leg all the way up and her arms flailing everywhere, and he just leaves them like that. Or he'll like spread the legs of the girls as a joke and leave them or like makes stupid sexual comments. I know it all in good fun but its so frustrating when they know how much you pay for your dolls but the still handle them carelessly. It drives me nuts

6. Jus' come and have a fondle of the dollies I don't think they will mind ;D. You still gotta come and draw some of them anyway.

7. Most of my friends are very respectful of my stuff, especially my dolls. One of my closest friends is a doll fanatic too, so Im more than happy to let her play with my boys. But my other friends dont really even pay much attention to my dolls.
      The one time I went to school with one of my dolls, all of the younger gets just asked a lot of questions and wanted to play with him, and they were very respectful when I told them how to handle him. It was actually the older students who I had a problem with. They started touching my dolls face and trying to pull off his wig and pants to see if he was actually a boy. Even when I asked them to stop they didn't, so I ended up yelling because I didn't appreciate them doing that to my poor boy~

8. I very much sympathy author. Maybe try to explain to them that you are very important this doll? Their actions hurt you. Or would always be "separate" Friends of the dolls. Perhaps they are simply unable to understand how upset you.
      My friends know too well as I can be offended. I can give a friend my favorite camera or a doll, but then he realizes that this is a very high degree of confidence and will not do what I was upset.

9. Actually, I'm guilty of this!

*dodges tomatoes!

What I think would help, if you could communicate that your dolls are not just "dolls" and are very expensive and precious! I used to play with my friends' dolls without a care, not realizing how rude I was being. It wasn't until recently a friend patiently brought it up that she would prefer if I would ask her before-hand if I could pick up her doll. I wasn't offended or put-off, and now I'm slowly learning proper dollie-etiquette. :)

10. I really hate it when they pick up my doll without my permission and handle them POORLY.

I don't mind them picking up my doll without permission as long as they know how to handle them. But my friends grab them by the head, etc. and it makes me really mad because I am afraid that they will scratch my doll's face-up; which means alot to me because it is hard to replace the same exact face-up!

I also hate it when my friend make crude jokes about and using my dolls. I find this extremely disrespectful.

11. I'm really just an unsocial person and I don't like people in my room! i have a lot of valuble things and the people that do come over are relativs and most of the time under 10 and think it is hallarious to put my dolls in odd places or to take my pullips apart and scatter the arms and legs and hands and feet all over my room and to hid the small peices!!! i hat them so much!! i feel your pain and I will most likly be like you when someone comes over! They are not TOUCHING my Sapphira!!!

12. Wow, that sounds really immature. Personally, I wouldn't be hanging around with people like that but that's nothing to do with me, everyone's different.

Sometimes my boyfriend messes around with them, making them rock out and do weird stuff that is completely out of character but he's trying not to be as freaked out about them and he helps me with enough restringing and sueding that I'll let it slide - he doesn't damage them in any way, it just makes me cringe :lol:

13. I don't have a doll yet, but I already know the group of people who will be allowed to touch him and the people who probably won't even be able to see him. The friends I have that I trust have already heard of BJDs, know about BJDs and want one themselves, or are respectful and understand that something that costs over two hundred dollars isn't a dollar store barbie that can be dropped and such.

And even though it's more family than friends, I'm extremely frightened about my little brother. He's only a year younger than me, fifteen in fact, but I have no doubt that he and my little sister, thirteen, will, without a second thought, mess around and possibly wreck my BJD. Just like they did with my laptop. Which they dropped, mishandled, and such while I wasn't home or in my room for kicks while trying to figure out my password.

Hopefully I'm still good enough at hiding things? -pats undiscovered stash of cash-

So, yes. There will definitely be friends that are too rambucous and not understanding enough to be trusted with my future BJD.

14. i've had people do this :<

Certain times, I don't really care, but it's like, when they touch my boys' faces or are too rough that bugs me.
      I know I brought one of my dolls to school one day, and about a month later when changing him I realized he had a good chunk missing from his knee. My spanish teacher, who is one of my favorite teachers, at one point, had taken him and toted him around the classroom, making him dance. Oddly enough, I'm not that upset about it. Another teacher who really doesn't like me poked my other boy when I brought him to school another day, and getting in defensive mode, I licked the doll's head >> That's probably a bit OTT, but it kept people from touching him~ C:

15. My friends (most aren't doll people) know that my dolls are expensive and important to me, so most don't bother them, unless I tell them it's okay. The only thing that tends to happen is I have to tell them not to keep touching the face, since they don't realize if it gets messed up I will have to pay to have the whole thing redone and if I really like the face-up, I will be REALLY peeved.

I am getting one face-up redone do to several chips that bothered me (I don't know how it happened, could have been me, they happened last year) but thankfully I was planning on getting it redone one day anyway.

If I was really concerned with my friends ability to keep their hands off, I would simply put my dolls away when they are over.

16. I must be lucky because my friends are owners themselves, respectful enough not to roughhouse with my things or have no interest in handling my dolls at all.

But if I did have a friend who decided to be rough with any of my dolls, I'd kindly tell them to stop and explain why I don't want them being handled that way. If they persisted, I'd put the doll somewhere else next time they came over. Easy as that. :/

17. When I started collecting dolls, at the time all I had were OT 1/6 dollfies, and even then I was protective over them. My mother knows how much they are and won't touch them, even if I let her. The only person I had to really worry about was my mate's father because he has really, I mean REALLY, grubby hands but when I told him "no touchy" he doesn't touch them, especially my big girls... though I do occasionally find my OT girls holding random guns and swords.

As for friends... I didn't get my big* girls till during college and during that time most of my friends where out doing their own thing and I've since lost contact with them, so I never had the issue with friends being disrespectful with them.

My mate is very respectful with them, he knows how much they are- even recently ordered a girl for me, so he is allowed to handle them though he doesn't. His family is respectful of them as well- even his sister who doesn't always have the same barriers the rest of us do and doesn't really know the value of expensive objects, probably because she knows I'd brutally maul her if she did mess with them. And even so I still keep them in my mate's room where she isn't allowed to go anyway.

(*Big meaning the dolls that are bigger than my OT dollfies, though I have a 40cm and a 50ish cm doll.)

18. I know how yoy feel! My brother does that to me! (and he is 19 all most 20!) To I talked to my mom about it. And she talked to him, and he doesnt do it as much in fact not at all. Now he just calls me names.

With what your going through I would sit them down and talk to them and tell them that they can touch your doll any more. And if they did breack it they would have to pay you. And no friend discount. And if they just laugh and think your dumb or what ever then they are not your friends because friends dont do that.

19. My best friend actually emulated violating my LTF Bisou -_-;;
      He's a dick.
      But he stops if I get upset, so at least there is that.

20. Oh my, what a horrible stories. If someone would grab my doll and start running around with it I'd kick them out of my home and life. How immature can a person be to mess with other persons belongings in the first place, not to mention expensive ones? If someone asks to see my dolls I usually start the conversation by telling them the price, then asking them to wash their hands, seating them on a couch and then giving them a pair of white cotton gloves. By then they understand the value and fragility of the doll and behave like adults should. Even my 11-year old cousin knows not to touch my stuff without telling her, but then again she is a good kid. Come to think of it haven't had any people younger than 25 in my flat besides her and even that was for 20-minutes under supervision.