1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When Friends Mess With Your Doll?

May 24, 2010

1. My boyfriend was playing with my pukipuki a little roughly, and I had to remind him how much she cost. After that, he's always been careful. But many of my friends aren't all that careful, including seeing if they could take the dolls apart! I think you always need to be careful with who you trust with what possessions.

2. Most of the people I know are rather careful when handling my property, just because that's the way they were raised. Everyone else generally refuses to touch my dolls altogether after I tell them the price tag, because they sure as heck can't pay to replace it.

There was only one time in particular I remember getting irked was when I took my DS18M Dollshe Saint to the seasonal haunted house I work at to show everybody, since they were all impressed with my other two dolls. The lady who co-owns the business picked him up and pulled down his pants in front of everybody after I'd begged her not to. I'm not particularly embarrassed by nudity or anything, it was just pretty awkward since I'm sure half of the people standing in that room didn't expect to see anatomical correctness staring them straight in the face. *_*

Besides my significant other (who is very careful with my dolls), nobody else comes to my house. Grandma is here most of the day, but she generally respects my privacy and won't come into my room unless she's gonna feed the dog while I'm out. Even then, she won't touch my dolls.

3. I have had the bad friends who thought that playing with my dolls like how they would with barbies and kens were okay. They've learnt not to when I did the same to their expensive game consoles or handphones.

I'm a violent girl when it comes to humans. So most who are rough with my property(even handling my handphone wrongly will set me off) will always get smacked/whacked by me pretty hard.

But most of the time I explain on the fragility and price of the dolls. So that I will have people treating them like glass. Better safe than sorry.

Most of my friends are the okay bunch. They know they are expensive by looking at their sizes(I only have 1/3s and one 1/4). I normally would tell my friends where to hold them, if they feel like doing so...and I don't allow non bjd-owners to try to stand my dolls. Making them pose while sitting is fine with me.

4. that's why my friends aren't allowed to even touch my dolls haha P:

5. I have had a few doll people get a little excited around my EL he is a cross dresser and has been handle a bit ruffly from time to time but I always save him before it gets too bad. My smaller cousin are rather good around my dolls the most they have really done is lift one of my smaller boys hands up and giggle I so no harm in that. Them with the dolls is fine Them with my transformers is another story XD..... But for the most part my friends are just as careful with my dolls as I am with theirs.

6. I don't understand why you'd keep hanging out with dbags like that who obviously just do it to get a rise out of you. It's not even about the doll for them, they're doing it because they know it winds you up. I couldn't be bothered with people like that. I just stop hanging out with them if they think it's funny to upset you. You shouldn't be forced to hide your own possessions in your own house.

7. I'm glad I found this thread, it's an interesting point as so many people just aren't very respectful of other people's belongings - dolls or anything else. I tend to not invite people around as so many people disrespect my things. Even so I'm planning on keeping my doll in my bedroom when he arrives so I can keep him away from "friends" like this.

8. [​IMG]

Seriously. Don't do it unless invited.

People think it's funny to be stupid and sometimes that is at your expense. It's a lack of respect for you and what you love. I end up avoiding those folks or taking precautions to make sure they don't have access to myself or my stuff.

9. most of my freinds are pretty ok about my dolls, and i let kids "rough house" with mine a bit too.

but the only issue i've ever had was at college when i brought my dolls for my art teachers to see. some of the guys i hang out with between classes thought it'd be funny to grab the only doll i had at the time that i cared about it's faceup (limited faceup) and run into the mens bathroom with it and pretend to dunk it in the toliet. they left it sitting next to the urinal on the floor and i had to get another freind to go in and get it. needless to say i was pissed. and went off on them worse than when they chase me around the lab with animal body parts. or stick my pencils in the body parts. which just get thrown away. a few of my female freinds even came and yelled at them too. cause i could barely touch my boy till i got him to my freinds house and we scrubbed him. they didn't do it agian, but i also think that has more to do with us threatening them than being sorry.

they find it funny to do things like that cause i'm a germaphobe and freak out. and i usually pretty cool with letting just about anybody play with my dolls. but sometimes if poeple erk ya. threatening them within an inch of there lives if they ever do it agian can be a good deterant.

10. Ahh I feel a lot better now to see that people have shared the same problems as me, for a while there I felt kinda...out of place, wahahahaha!!!
      But thank you for sharing your opinions everyone :)

11. I have only a few very close friends who respect me a lot. And only one of them comes over to my house; Knowing her, she'd be so awed looking at it, she wouldn't THINK of 'screwing around' with her. I wouldn't go so far as to say 'get new friends,' I'd recommend not letting EVERY reckless friend over at a whim. But I'm a more secretive, reserved person so that's a biased opinion. :)

I'm now more afraid to bring my dolls into public after reading some of these stories, but I'm generally an intimidating person to people around me; In my secondary school I was always 'that crazy b****' and people would jokingly be scared of me. However, in high school there are more people who are legitimately afraid of me. My friends say it's the way I look at people; They say my eyes are scary. ;^__^ I try not to scare the freshmen; It's hard. So, I don't think anyone would try to cross me.

But yeah, if I ever found someone mistreating my dolls I would f*** them up. I'm not a violent person, and I wouldn't just go immediately to smashing-in faces, but I wouldn't screw around and be like 'Don't do that guise, I love them! D:' And I wouldn't yell and throw a fit; Reactions are what make them keep going, and gives them power over you. You need to make them feel like they're on the verge of a mistake they can't fix. Also, mentioning money doesn't hurt either.

I'd look at them cold and level and say ' Can you spend two hundred dollars replacing or repairing that piece of art? If not I suggest you hand it over or I swear I'll skullf*** your corpse after I'm done with you.'

From the way people usually react to me, I think it'd work. ;D Lol tl;dr.

12. I think its a normal thing. If you spent $300+ on your doll, your going to want to care for it with everything you can. It's like buying a new car and watching your sibling drive it, you'll be nervous about it, right? But I think with adults and mature kids they understand that it's your property and you worked to get it so it comes naturally for them to be delicate, although there are some not-so-gentle people who I would keep a close eye on. Sometimes, they don't even know how you play with a BJD doll because they've never seen one, but the just plain obnoxious, immature people will never be around my doll. :D

13. I only let my friends that have BJDs themselves or are getting BJDs touch my doll. I wont stand for anyone messing around with her disrespectfully.

14. I haven't even my first doll yet and already I'm thinking of how I can hide them from friends who thinks that all dolls come in cheap. I mean I love my friends, but I know that we all don't see eye to eye on certain things. So I say just keep the things they'll likely to ruin away from them so there are no fights later. That's why we friends and then we have "Den of Angels" friends!

15. I can understand their interest but if they start being annoying on purpose and mess with them purposely to annoy you, thats when you put your foot down. Or even if they dont mean it but they treat ure dollie as a joke, then you got to tell them exactly how much you payed for it and tell them if they break it they will pay back compensation.

16. as long as they don't touch my doll, i'm fine with it.

17. I feel a bit jealous and I tell them to be careful)) But I don`t forbid to take the doll or change his pose somehow.

18. I find it rude to touch something with out asking, but if its my best friends its different. My friends have never touch them without asking first, thank god! I always tell them not to touch their faces. My best friends little brother likes to play with my tiny. He is really careful, but I still watch him like a hawk. I mean he's 6, but he's too cute to say no too. He has never hurt her, but I worry.

19. I feel your pain D: It happens to me to, sometimes my cousins (don't get me wrong, I don't hate my cousins at ALL, I quite like them actually) begin man handling or should I say, woman handling them, for example, lets just say they don't handle them very carefully at all, I have to infact, caution that these dolls are fragile.
      Infact watching them play with my doll like that makes me cringe.
      Seeing them touch the face makes me cringe.
      Seeing them infact, tug at the joints wrongly makes me cringe. (Seriously, they sometimes hold my dolls by the arm, and they even have the nerve to ask me whats wrong when I tell them not to hold the doll there)
      And seeing them fool around with the dolls make me cringe.

20. My friends are respectful towards my hobbies, except for a few jokes and i'm respect them back. Before handling anything, we make clear to each other the dos and don'ts, how it is handled, etc. This just doesn't apply to dolls but to other things as well because we clearly know that if we break it, we have to pay. Friends, visiting relatives and guests are only allowed downstairs {we only have two floors} and my dolls are upstairs, in our room. If after talking to people about the dolls and they seem interested, then I would get them. I would always say that they are fragile and cost a lot w/c usually scares most people from touching her. XD