1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When, or if you do have children, do you intend to give your dolls away to them?

Jun 25, 2009

1. My mom has told me her whole life that she is leaving me her dolls (non bjd) when she dies or gets old. She's told me not to sell them and I told her i would never display them, that they would probably end up in a box somewhere. Her dolls are expensive but maybe not as expensive as BJDs.

Now that being said, my kids would only get my dolls is 1) i lost interest in the hobby and 2) they actually wanted them (only if i didn't). Otherwise I wouldn't want them to end up like me who will be forced to keep the dolls in a box just because she made a promise to her mother not to sell them and doesn't like them. Since I don't plan on having kids at any time it seems I might give them to a cousin or family friend who is fond of them. If no one likes them on my deathbed then I would leave them to a family member i liked to sell them.

Now if i have kids and they like bjds and i still do too, then no, they would not get mine. They would have to earn them just as I have. If they were younger than 13 we would probably work our way up as well. Like start with a msd or smaller bobobie or 27cm obitsu, something i wouldn't kill them over if they broke.

2. Aaawes, that's really sweet :)

Hehehe, you're funny :lol:

3. hm... i think i wouldn't.
      i wouldn't even buy them dolls when they're too young (like before they turn 16 or 17)
      but that's also because i want to avoid at any cost spoiling my children (and ruining them for life)
      also... well, i'm jealous! XD
      maybe it will change with time, but for now i wouldn't give my dolls to anyone, not even to someone i love with all myself like a son or daughter. but i'm very young, so my opinion will probably change with time.

4. Already given my daughter one.. a dreaming El she loves him and takes care of him. Now she is an adult, she will be 19 this August. My son, is not as into them, but he may want one as a keep sake because I love them a lot and it would remind him of me. He actually asked. The great majority of them would become my daughters, one very special one, my first will be buried with me.

5. Yes. If I still own my dolls at that point in time, I will let my children have them and care for them when they are old enough.

Of course, I'm sure if I am still into the doll scene, that they will have a doll of their own when they are old enough.

6. =-= Nope. Yeah, I know. Im evil.
      But Yuu and Lux are coming in the coffin with me :mwahaha

7. I have kids and no they don't get my dolls. I may buy my daughter a doll when she gets old enough to not destroy it. I have worked hard to buy all my dolls, and incurred debt so there mine for good.

8. i don't have kids and i don't intend to have kids, so i have no idea where my BJDs or any of my other belongings are going once i die. i guess i will have to take them to THE GRAVE :mwahaha

edit
      would it be possible to cremate them with me? i imagine the fumes would be horrendous.

9. I probably will have kids in the future (Pretty much inevitable. Though I'd rather not) and if I do have my boy still, I'll see how they react toward him. Though I probably won't give them my doll (he's a first. it's a sentimental thing), I could buy them one that they can start their own memories with. Though it might not be until they're old enough and mature enough to treat something like that with respect and know that it's not just a $5 barbie that you can easily break and be rough with. I know how little kids are...

10. Unlike a game console, musical instrument, or other expensive toy, these dolls are fragile. I might let my daughter touch my dolls when she's the age to respect them, after she's shown me she can take care of her Barbies.

[Funny how Barbies used to be my favorite, and then I grew up. :lol:]

11. I'd never foist my own tastes in stuff on my family, and as I'm the only doll enthusiast I highly doubt they'd want to keep any of my dolls. If I knew I were about to die, I'd put them up for sale/convert them into cash, and not leave the work to them.

Raven

12. Well, I decided to not have children.
      But even if I did I won't hand my dolls over to them. If they're young, they'll maybe break them, if they're older they might change the doll to their liking because they might not like the doll's character.

Laoky

13. haha... if or when I have children, I will give my dolls to my children when I die. >:3
      I guess they're more likely to be in my grandkids' intrest by then.. but.. yeah.

14. I was always wondering what I would do with my dolls when I get older and die. I think that's a really good idea, though I would rather be cremated than buried. Although, the thought of burning up my dolls with my dead body kinda makes me sad. :o

I don't really plan on having any kids and I wouldn't want to give my dolls away to them anyway, to be honest. Not unless they really cherished them.

But, who knows what's going to happen in the future? I feel way too young to think about this kind of thing. :lol:

15. I don't plan on having kids. Assuming I'm still into BJDs when I die, I'll probably have a family member sell them. Or if I end up with a younger relative who wants them I'll give them to him/her. Goodness knows I won't be needing them. :)

16. Depends on their age. I mean, these dolls are pretty expensive and when abused, they might loose some parts or get stiff. Last weekend I met a lady who had let a visiting kid play with one of hers, poor baby has gone so stiff you can't get it into any other position. When I start having kids, I'll keep my doll away from them for many many years :P They can buy their own when they grow up.

17. Well, if my children really love dolls, I'd rather they get their own to treasure and name. When I die, surely I'll give them to my children.

18. I'm like most of the people here.

If/when ((hopefully when >.> )) I have kids, I don't plan to ever give my doll(s) to them. However, if they do begin to show interest in them, I may help them out or have them work up their own funds to get their own. I personally feel that the love they'll have for the doll will be much more closely bonded/special should they work for it themselves AND pick out the one they like the most. However, I wouldn't want my doll(s) to be forgotten after I die, so I'll hopefully have a grand child or great grand child who'll find love for BJDs that I can entrust my doll(s) to. Other than that, I plan to keep my doll(s) with me for as long as I can.

19. Hahah you guys make some good points, Like I said before I aint giving up my dolls till im dead.

20. I wouldn't give them my dolls mainly 'cos my dolls have been with me so long! I'm sure they will feel the same way to have my kids as their guardian. Hehez. Also 'cos kids tend to be more careless and what-nots, most likely they wouldn't have a chance to touch them also. :sweat

But I'm sure if they are interested, they will earn to get the dolls themselves like how I earn to buy my Eva now. :)