1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When, or if you do have children, do you intend to give your dolls away to them?

Jun 25, 2009

1. I have no plans to give up my dolls until it's my turn to take a dirt nap! :lol: At that point, it'll be up to my niece to decide what to do with them since I'll probably not have kids of my own. She's only 9 months old now, but it's so funny watching her laugh and smile when I stand my Sayuri in front of her. She tries to hold Sayuri's hands and babbles to her. It's weird because she shows absolutely no interest in my Mell, but totally loves Sayuri. I have a feeling if she's still around years from now, at least ONE of my girls will have a home after I'm gone.

2. I don't plan on having children...just my pets and my dolls. So I'm not sure what will become of my dolls when I'm gone since there won't be any children to give them to. :3 Even if some of my friends had children, most of my friends are creeped out by my dolls so I doubt they would want their kids to have them. ^__^;

3. I will never give my dolls to my (future) kids. If they like dolls they can earn money, or wish for them as presents. I think I will sell my dolls long before I'm gone:sweat

4. well i dont plan to ever get rid of my dolls. but im sure my family wont allow me to be buried with them lol. so hopefully one of my 3 children will love my dolls after i am gone. my ideal wish for them is to be put into a trunk or something to live on forgotten for generations to come. and then 100 years from when i die a little girl in an attic will open my trunk and the magic i feel will continue with her... and they all lived happily ever after.... :abow:

5. My ten-year-old daughter loves my dolls. I have given her my fashion dolls before. This year I gave her my Pipos Robin baby fox because she absolutely adored it and has proven she can take care of bjds. I don't regret it. She can't have any of my other ones, though! I would certainly let her save up for her own.

6. For me...no...I won't give my dolls away till I'm six feet under. And I really don't want kids so I'm pretty sure a friend (or partner) will take care of them or...I dunno sell them. Once I'm 6 feet under I don't think its gonna matter XD Unless I bury them with me....which to me is a tad creepy

7. I have no intention of my children getting anywhere NEAR my dolls, but if they want their own I will help them. I think the creative process would be too valuable to them to force something I created on them.

8. If I do have children(which I do not have now, Thank God), I would give my dolls to them IF they were interested in them. But if they really didn't care, then I'd sell them or have them donated for charity occution or something. I mean, why give them to my children if they have no interest in them. I'd rather they go to a home where someone would really love and appreciate them.

......................................But, I have no desire to have children because I really have no interest in raising kids. I think somewhere along the way, I lost that motherly instinct that most women are suppose to have...... lol.

9. HOW ABOUT NO!

Well, actually, it's possible my (much) older brother might have a kid in the next few years (and I am quite sure I'm never having kids). I think I'll want to have the dolls as long as I'm alive, but I might be able to set aside my selfishness when I'm old and decrepit and give them to any niece or nephew I may have if they feel the same "mystical aura" from them that I do. But if they turn out to be unappreciative doll butchers, I guess I'll have to find someone else.

10. I have 2 girls and my oldest would look after the dolls but has no real interest in them, she'd rather play on the Wii. My youngest loves them but would lose them or destroy them so she doesn't get to have one. Eventually maybe, but she's too young at present - she's only 6. I'm getting a brownie but it won't officially be hers until she's older.

11. I will most likely have my dolls destroyed because they are mine and I really don't want them to be sold off to another person [[and I wouldn't trust anyone to really care enough to keep them in my memory forever]]. I would make my kids earn their dolls and work for them because that is what I did to get mine, worked RRREEEAAALLY hard. I did buy my sister a couple of dolls but she does take care of them better than some people that are over 18 do and shes a little 7 year old deaf girl :3 I decided to buy her dolls for her when I saw her taking care of my little momo[the only msd i ever had and will have] she likes dressing them up and playing in racing cars with them xD shes a weird little kid I tell you, but she brushes the wigs and makes sure she washes her hands after eating to play with them T__T Im so proud

12. If i ever do have a child... then no XD lol.. they can share and play with my supervision, but in the end no XD lol... i'd gladly help my child find a doll and pay for most of the costs ^_^

13. Oh my gosh, I would never do that in any lifetime xD I'm not having any children (the boy and I are in agreement on this), and part of our reasoning for that is so we'll have the money and time to continue pursuing our shared and respective extravagant hobbies :)

I do think it's nice when parent and child can share a hobby like this though, and I don't see why not if the child is mature and responsible enough :) Giving them yours is very sweet, but I think it'd be even better to help them find the one THEY like the most.

14. As long as they like the hobby and are old enough to responsibly care for the dolls, I don't see why not. They'll just have to wait until I'm too old to do anything with them though ;D
      I would just hope they'd at least put them out to display or something... We have porcelain dolls packed up somewhere that we got from my grandma, and well, you see how we're treating them... not much love ^^;

15. No way. If they like dolls, they can get their own haha.

16. I agree with you, any future kids can have the dolls in my will - unless they are spoiled brats contrary to how they were raised; then they can simply sod off and I will leave my dolls to the nicest person on DoA! :lol:

17. Only if they displayed interest in them and the timing seems right. I'm not interested in giving anyone, my kids included, "useless stuff" or "eBay food" (from their perspective), especially if I'm personally attached to the doll. I'd hand them off based on interest & love of the dolls rather than heredity.

18. When I die, and if they can pry them from my cold, dead hands they can have them. IF they're nice to them and keep them entertained.

19. I might have my children play with them when they get to the age of eleven. Then if they are nice to them. Then we can have a family collection. But, other then that. No, there mine!
      <3 Annie :moo

20. NO WAY!! i wont let my kids have dolls til they're 14! (before that, i know they are gonna ruin the doll) and they are gonna have to PAY for it!! (well, i might buy them one for x-mas or sumthing... )
      and im certainly not giving mine before i DIE
      im so cheap xD