1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When, or if you do have children, do you intend to give your dolls away to them?

Jun 25, 2009

1. It really depends for me.
      I would not give my dolls to a small child, nor a young adult who doesn't know or care anything about their possessions. If I had a daughter or son who had grown up loving a specific doll of mine and could take care of that doll, then yes they would probably get that specific doll.
      However, If anyone of my family wanted a doll of mine, I would probably suggest they fall in love with their own sculpt.
      If I were to die before my Mother, then my babies would go to her, otherwise, I'll be buried with them.

It's very complicated, and I have many different scenarios. But, It makes sense to me XD

2. Nope :) My dolls are staying. I may even introduce them into the hobby if they're is interested. :sweat :bcupcake

3. ill probably do the same thing with my kids as my mom did with me and her antique dolls,when they are little if they are good they can play with it on the bed. then when they get older if they want one encourage them to save for one and help with some cash at bdays and such

4. if i have kids and they want dolls of their own they'll have to save up for them just like I did. it builds character ;)

5. I agree with Angelesk above in that I wouldn't give my dolls to babies/little children who would know no better than break them. Nor to an adult/teenager who doesn't care about them.
      But if the dolls' resin will survive that long (aka, a normal human lifespan, accidents/early death not considered) I would gift them to somebody, family or not, which I know loves them and will take care of them.

6. Ha! My kids have their own dolls. Give them mine? heck with that!

ok, guilty... both Lizardbreath and her sister have resins of their own, most of which were adopted from me. Which makes me a ridiculous doll-shopaholic... Actually they EARNED all but a couple of gift-dolls by doing regularly scheduled chores around the house.

I wouldn't give these dolls to a kid who couldn't care for them. They're way, way too pricey for that. Mine, though, learned from day one that these were not to be flung around like Bratz or Barbies :) They're smart kiddos.

7. I know I want a kid someday- I really do xD As to whether or not I would give them my dolls ... No. They belong to me. My dolls mean a lot to me because of all the work I put into getting them and making them the characters they were meant to be. I feel like if I were to give them to someone else they would no longer be their characters and would pain me to see them. I would much rather they get their own doll so that they can make it 100% theirs :3 I think it would be more fun that way, seeing them take a blank doll and turning it into something beautiful, like I did (or tried to do, haha).
      But only when they're old enough to understand and appreciate these dolls, of course ;)

8. I was discussing this with a friend not too long ago. I don't have kids and don't want any. If I die, my husband gets my dolls. If we both die, they will most likely get passed onto my friend, cause she is the only one who will know how to take care of them and appreciate them. I think my family would just keep them in a box for a few years, then sell them at a garage sale cause they don't want them around anymore.:(

9. Bumping the thread to help others find it more easily and its relevance to another thread just started ^_^

10. Thank you guys for posting, after reading some of these I changed some of my point of view as well.

I would still give them to my children if they appericated and we're interested in the hobby. If not though, I would request them to give them to somone who actually does care and somone who actually would take care of them and give them life. I hate the idea of my dolls possibly just being in one of my childrens attics in a box collecting dust. Don't get me wrong, I love my dolls to death and I would bury mine with me as I could but that just kinda seems to me the same thing as giving them to your child that didn't even want them and just leaving them in a box in the attic. I'd rather mine be in a new home, in rough summary, then collecting dust somwhere. Thank you guys again!!

11. yes, because if i were to pass away, then i know that my daughter, who is growing in contact with my dolls will know how to care for them, and possibly even increase the size of the doll family. If i die young, then at least she will have something to remember me by.

12. I am not sure if I would give them to my children. I think that if they were interested I would, but I would not force them on them. If they wanted to sell them to pay for funeral expenses that is fine with me. Of course, I may not have children so I have made other provisions ^_^

13. nooohhhooo... i´ll bury them with me ^à___á^
      joking x) well if there will be this day one day.. not to say it out loud.. i´ll give them to someone where i could be sure they will have a good home.. if this could be my own kids then , that would be fine with me..
      But if i would have kids now, they wouldn´t be allowed to touch them.. no way.. not over my dead body .. =____="

14. I don't (and never intended to-) have kids... But I do have a nephew and a god-daughter. It would be pretty neat for them, or even their kids, to inherit the minions some day. It'll all depend on rather or not they have any interest in them. ^_^

15. I have no kids and will never have any. I do have a niece though, and if she showed an interest in them I would probably leave them to her in my will. Otherwise I would get whoever is left to settle up my estate with a stipulation that the dolls are to be sold within the collector's market.

Time I wrote a will...

Phil.

16. If I was to have children, I wouldn't give them my dolls at all. If they did want a doll they would have to work really hard to get one and prove to me that they are capable of working hard for what they want. Also they need to do like chores so the house wouldn't be messy XD

17. I have a daughter that I share my toys with. But she has dolls of her own (mostly American Girl), so there is no need for me to give her mine.

She'll get them after I die, of course, but in the meantime we're having a blast playing together!

18. I intend to leave my dolls to my daughter in my will. She's got her own collection of American Girls and her first JID on the way.

19. An interesting question. My daughter is 16 and hers was the first BJD in the house. I think if she were still interested in dolls, or if I had a grandchild who was a collector, I'd will my collectibles to her or said future grandchild. My daughter shares my interest in dolls, so I think they'd be in good hands. My mother has an antique doll she has had since childhood that I hope to have someday.

20. Nope.

I am ridiculously attached to things. I saved almost all of my childhood toys - I collected Barbies, My Little Ponies, and various horse toys; as I got older, I made the excuse "one day I'll give them to my kids" as the reason for keeping them. Really, I just want to keep them. They are mine. I don't plan on giving those toys to my kids (should I ever have any), and as BJDs are much more expensive and fragile than those toys... I certainly don't intend to pass them on. Unless I passed away or something.