1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When the character of your doll grows up...

Jan 18, 2009

1. The only doll I am planning to "age" is Kira, who is the OC daughter of my and my best friend's OC couple. The reason for this is that I created her as an adult in my mind (thus setting up a scenario when her parents are both quite a bit older), then I backtracked and decided to add her in as a baby to their actual story (her story was separate, but in the same universe and with the obvious connection). So I found a sculpt for "Baby Kira" and intend to get "Adult Kira" at some point down the line. However, I doubt that they will ever be together, Adult Kira will hang out with me when Baby Kira is with her daddies. My best friend and I made an agreement that when we bought the dolls, she buying her character and I buying mine, we would co-own them, because they would never be happy apart. But Adult Kira will live with me, always.

2. I'd love to "grow-up" one of my smaller dolls- one that would have more character as an adult, for example.

3. I've never felt the need to *grow up* a doll.... until recently. One of my dolls ages from 15ish to 25ish, but she was an "early bloomer" and essentially had an adult body at 15, so no need to get a more mature body for her 25 form. Her daughter on the other hand is a DZ BB. I've really felt the need to age her up recently. In the "doll universe", she travels to a different demension/universe... whatever you want to call it. That's where my anthro and elf characters live :) So recently I've been wanting her to spend a great deal of time there.. like from age 10 to age 16. I don't want her mother to age though, so I'm going to probably say something about time being different, so the daughter can age, and the mother wont.

so yeah... I'm seriously considering changing her from a tiny to msd sized doll... I don't know if I'll keep her child form or not though.... We'll see.

4. I'm not really pleased with the MSD I chose for one of my boys, he's beautiful and I love him to pieces but he just not right, but I know what SD I would use to replace him... so if I ever found a SD sized doll that looked like an older version of his boyfriend we'd age up in an instant! The two I have now could hang out as thier teen aged selves and the SD would be adult.

5. im getting a more mature body for my doll Though I want her to stay the same size forever. Since they don't make her sculpt in SD form. If they did I would SOOOooo get it.

6. I actually have dolls based on characters, so these dolls will in fact grow up, due to the fact that they actually DO grow in the story. It's not that they're going to be replaced either. These ages are pretty far apart, and during those times, their personalities and sometimes looks, change. So, in fact, these are two seperate 'persons'. They even gained nicknames later in life, so then there is no, Mira and Mira number 2 or Jr for example. It's Mariska and Mira, and then Katoka and Akuchi.

7. I actually considered doing that with my boy, and just having a sort of... Time Paradox thing, if you will. I love my boy to death, and especially since the 46cm doll is my very first doll ever, of my absolute favourite brain child ever, I could never sell him.
      However, when I eventually did get the bigger doll, I don't know how I would feel. A part of me wonders if I had betrayed the younger doll by buying his "replacement", whereas the older doll wouldn't feel the same because he came later and wasn't the boy I originally became attached to.

8. Oh I`d love to grow my Bory boy to a Cian man. So hawt! <3

9. I searched DoA and couldn't find anything similar, but if there is a thread like it, please feel free to move it. :3
      ___

I'm sure that everyone on DoA celebrates doll birthdays. It's a big deal when you own a doll for one, five, even ten years! But what about the dolls ACTUAL age? Does your doll go up in years like anyone else? Or do they stay one age forever?

If they DO age, how do you approach it? If you start with a doll that's a child and they start to get up in years, would you buy a bigger doll so they look more their age?

If they DON'T age, why not?

10. My dollies are kinda of ageless...they are dolls. Some of my characters do age, but their doll form stays at a certain point in time, and I might buy younger or older dolls to resemble the character at different ages (like a Yo SD Nono for my big Nono). Some of my characters are Vampires/Fae/Shape shifters, so they age, but do not really show age the way humans do. I haven't really celebrated birthdays, but that does sound like fun! Nono will be 5 this year <3

11. Hm...No, my dolls likely won't age unless I choose to age them in the story...But just passing of the years won't effect the story but the other way around ^^

12. My dolls characters don't age. I find it easier that way.
      They are...I guess...a snapshot? of a certain time in their story. So it really only make sense for them to stay the same age.
      All of them are interconnected, so if one ages the other ones have to too.

Also, a more trivial reason, since they would all have to age, the little one whose character is currently 3 would have to eventually be four, and I really dislike the number 4, but she doesn't look 5 so I couldn't simply skip the year.

In addition, I like my dolls just the way they are. If they were to age, then I would feel compelled to show that in their physical form...which means buying new dolls. I don't really want to do that, both for financial and sentimental reasons. ^^

13. No, they don't--they stay the same ages for the most part. My first two dolls I decided seemed a little older than I had originally decided, but they're the only ones. If they aged every year, they'd eventually grow past their stories, and if I owned them long enough, age out of their bodies.

14. My characters are vampires, shapeshifters, werewolves and immortals.

So no, they dont age. ^_^

15. My dolls don't age. I don't have anything smaller then a SD, but I'm guessing if I did I wouldn't want to get a larger doll to simulate aging. I don't think my husband would want me to anyway.

16. Wow, I never really thought about this! I have made casual references when talking to my sister to "when Miles is a little older"... but when I think about it, he will probably always be 14. I guess I could change his faceup to make him look a little older, but eventually I'd have to make him an SD or something if he kept aging... but I love the cute little 14-year-old Miles. I don't want him to grow up. I will celebrate his birthdays, though. X3
      As for Alastair, I guess I could see him aging a bit... he's a little more versatile mold-wise, so I could see him maybe getting a couple years older(he's just barely 17 right now). But I wouldn't be able to see him as any older than 19, and after that point he'd freeze in time. So for the sake of simplicity, I'll probably regard him as eternally one age, too.

17. I've actually thought about this before too. But, put simply, no. I don't plan for any of my dolls to age. They may age as a doll, but not as a character. (I mean, technically a doll is less than a year old when you first get it, even if the character is fifteen. So the doll in a sense ages regardless of the character).

18. I have quite a few child dolls; only one has demanded an older (but still child) body.

And an awful lot of my dolls are elves, who certainly don't age at the same rate people do. But my human dolls aren't aging, either.

Perhaps there exists a photo album of very wrinkly bjds, in a secret room off the attic. ;)

Ann in CT

19. I have all immortals or near-immortals, and thus the aging problem is averted. ^__^

20. My doll doesn't have an age, so I don't know what she'd be turning if she did age lol. She's just a doll, she doesn't need age. She's lucky if she doesn't have to age, really ;D