1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When the Doll arrives... - [your regular activities?]

Jun 6, 2009

1. i dont have a dolly yet, but i plan on:

taking box to my room and closing the door [i dont want anyone seeing my dolly naked.] taking box opening pictures and screaming at the top of my lungs. dressing her.
      staring at her and taking pictures all day.

2. Technically: Open the box, taking photos, check for damage, let him stand, dress him up and put him together with the others

Emotionally: touch his bold head :P poke his chubby cheeks, feel the resin, kiss and hug if i feel like it

3. I videotaped myself opening Raun, so i was spazzing and almsot crying...

: DDD

4. Uhm... Let's see...
      I would most likely open the box (DUH!) But I'd take pictures of the opening.
      Dress them... And take pictures with my cellphone and send a picture to all meh friends! XD

5. I'll take a good look at him, and hug him lovingly :) And dress him up right away :)

6. 1. Technically - Before I got my first doll, I had seen photos someone took of the box opening. So when mine arrived, I photographed everything. All the little things as they were packaged. Step by step photos of her getting dressed. I wasn't able to put her eyes in because I had no putty. (I thought they were going to do it themselves, lol.) But I inspected everything, too. Making sure everything was perfect. I spent the next week with her beside me at all times.

2. Emotionally - I didn't hug her but I was squealing with joy the whole time. lol Gently posing her and moving her joints. Looking her over and thinking how lucky I was to have such a pretty doll. I kept baby talking her like I do to my chinchilla. lol I got my doll the morning before work so I suffered the whole time I was there. It was awful, she had to sit on my bed all day.

7. I can't wait until my Suntan Momo and her outfit and shoes, totalling 430$, arrives from Dollmore.
      I'm still 295 dollars behind.

8. Well, I just got my first doll last October, and she's still my only doll! I can imagine when my next arrives, however, there will be much screaming and (gentle) ripping. >.> <.<

When Allura arrived I took her right out of the box and began playing with her. XD No washing for me though! I've never heard about resin dust being left behind, actually, so I didn't even think about it. @.@"
      After that, I proceded to lay her gently in her box and run around the Academy (my dormatory), showing her to people. XD After that, I spent a couple hours seeing how well she posed and cuddling with her... Then later that night I couldn't sleep because I couldn't stop oogling her, so we did our first official photoshoot. ^_________^

9. Technically: I open the box, take him out from it, and start to unpacking it,
      Take the(custom things) out and starts to dress it.

Emotionally. I run in circles for a while all over the room XD ( i did it with my first doll)
      then i hug it, and admire it for a while after i pose him.

10. I get extremely excited when a new dollie comes home. Technically I check to make sure there's absolutely zero damage, pull the joins apart to let any resin flakes fall out, then put the doll together (clothes, eyes, wig, etc.)

Emotionally I drool at their faceup or face mold, learn every curve and bump and sit and watch the character I love come alive. <3

11. Well both times I was so excited that I could barely keep my hands from shaking like crazy (not a good thing when one is trying to open a box with a sharp pointy object)

For my first doll, my main concern was getting him all dressed without anyone seeing him bald and naked. Everyone in my house knew how much he was and I feared their thoughts if they saw him like that. ^^;

Both times, once they were dress I'd pose them and just sit and stare. Photos followed shortly after.

12. No dollie of my own, yet. :...( But I can tell you what I envision happening:

Dollie comes in the mail, I run downstairs and carry the box to a room with clear floor space, and grab a camera on my way. (I might have to let a cat in for kitty-in-the-box-ness, it seems like a tradition, here. :lol:) Open the box, taking ridiculous amounts of pictures, be all dramatic about it. If there's any immediate need for sanding, like awkward seam lines, then I'd probably do that, first. Then go for the wigs and the eyes and the clothes and giggle like a fool and start photo-shooting.:D

After that, within the next week or two, is when I'd do any heavy-duty modding I'd have planned.;)

13. First doll: (The UPS man woke me up when he came, I wasn't expecting her until later in the week, so I was half asleep)

Technically: Get the camera and scissors. Carefully open and take pictures savoring every moment! I read the packaging slips, the whole 9 yards! Then open her up!

Emotionally: I was half asleep, so I don't remember much. I just kept showing her to mom (the only person home) going "look at her! She's so beautiful!!" on and on. Mom was probalby tired of it by the end of the day.

Second Doll:

Techinically: Grab my first girl (well her head, her body was being sealed), camera and scissors. Repeat as above.

Emotionally: Was awestruck by her beauty. Just kept stroking her and hugging her. Then sad that I had to wait 2 months to get her to keep. (She was a joint Christmas present. I paid for half, the other half was a Christmas gift from my mom. So I had to wait until Christmas morining to have her as mine.)

14. 1. Technically
      I take them out of the box to check for damage and to make sure everything else is intact. If the doll has an old face up and eyes then I might take a few casual photos. If it's blank and eyeless then I just put the head in the box it'll be shipped in and get ready to mail it.

2. Emotionally
      I usually don't hug them but I'll hold and look at them, find a wig that suits them from my extras, put clothes on them and get their eye position right. If it's daytime then they go back in the box after I'm done dressing them.

If it's night then I fiddle with different styles of clothes or do a photo shoot. After that I just go back to my computer and write up their profile and post to my sites/DoA for a formal welcoming of them. If the eyes, wig, or clothes I have don't suit their personality then I'll spend the rest of the day browsing stores for better solutions.

I live with smokers right now so I can't have my dolls sitting out with me or do anything without some involved cleanliness ritual before and after getting them out, it's really bothersome and makes my box opening activities completely different from what I did at home.

15. 1. Technically
      Open the box, inspect for damage and to make sure that any extra pieces are there, get the doll out, put wig/eyes/clothes (whatever I have prepared) on, and take a good long look to make sure I like everything.

2. Emotionally
      After the above process is complete, I'll take a few first pictures, play with them and pose them to learn what they can do and what they can't, then tell them their name, and carry them around for the rest of the day!

16. A couple of days before he arrived, I actually cleaned up my room and wipe every single spec of dust, didnt want him to get dirtied, wanted to provide him a 'confortable' environment when he arrives.

When he arrive home I practically play with him every day and took countless pictures, then went to show them off to some of my family members and friends :P I'm still doing all this things now, got a couple new eyes and wigs coming my way for him, hehe.

17. I did that before my last doll came. XD

18. Depending on whether or not it has a faceup, I rip open the box, dress, and hug or rip open, paint, dress and hug. After all this, I get out the camera.

19. Well, when Clavis first arrived i absolutely cleared my bedroom to give him a nice welcome (at least on clean floor)
      Opened the box really excitedly with my sister, taking a photo each time as i uncover the box, then simply squealed and screamed and ran around the room when i saw him first time xDD

After calming down i got to admire his faceup, then changed his eyes and "tried" to make him look OK because he was poorly clothed xDD

20. Oh...I just basically spazz to sum it up.

1. Squee as I put the box out.
      2. Bring everything out while squeeing.
      3. Open box, take pictures, still squeeing.
      4. Check doll for damages, continue squeeing when they are all good.
      5. Take more pictures, of course still squeeing.
      6. Dress them, take pictures, squee.
      7. Take pictures, do introduction or photostory and then when all done I just give them a hug. xD

Some time during the day, I'll go through and I'll post the pictures here...and continue to stare at whatever doll I just got.