1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When The Doll You Want Is Sold Out

Aug 18, 2010

1. This happened to a friend of mine. She ened up waiting a long time, but he just was not going back on sale so she bought a different doll. That night she ordered the different doll, the one she wanted came on sale again. She ened up getting both and loves them to death. So good end to the story.

2. When I first started collecting I made my 'wish list' and don't you know when I would go back to visit them they were selling out like hotcakes so the search began to find and buy asap. I did find them all and at the same time spent a small fortune.
      I did sell one of my dolls not to long ago and then had to search to rebuy, so happy Fairyland decided to sell that doll in basic so at least that story turned out well cause not only did I replace my Soso but was able to get a littlefee boy....happy ending!

3. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      No, not yet, >>; but I have seen a lot of dolls I would LOOOOVE to own, but they've already been sold out.

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock?
      o.o; Actually, I was thinking once they said they were sold out, that they weren't available anymore. After reading this thread though, I would definitely wait if that would work for the one I wanted. ( Yay for information gathering~! :D )

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      Still saving for my first!^^

4. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

Frustrated, because I'm "too late," and stung because I'll never get to own it :(

If it comes back in stock I might try to buy it, but otherwise I try to move on.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?

I just keep looking

5. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel? Wasn't saving up for him, but planned to get a Souldoll Kimmy. He's been sold out for ages now.

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock? Emailed Souldoll earlier this year and asked if they had any plans for him and said they did. Still waiting, but not expecting anything.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll? Don't plan to buy any more dolls, but this one I would make an exception for.

6. The very first resin BJD I ever wanted was a Volks Kun. When she first came out, she sold out extremely fast. Then she was completely sold out for over six months. I wanted her SO BADLY, but waited for months and months and they never restocked her (at least not on their English site). After six months, I finally gave up on her and bought a different doll. Of course, Kun eventually came back and was in stock a lot after that, but it was too late for me because I'd already spent my money.

I never did get Kun. She was just very, very popular that first year she debuted.

7. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

OMG, you guys, I saw this thread ytd and thought nothing of it and just now I checked the CH website and the doll I want is sold out. And, no, she's not LE! I was close to getting her except I was hesitating due to the long waiting times!

You don't know how much I regret not getting her when I could've. Plus, at that time she was 50% off. ERGH!

Yes, I think I would. I knew about BJDs before but only really badly needed one when I saw that particular sculpt (petite ai Raphael)

Otherwise, I'd look at the MP once I gain access. OR, if another sculpt that I really must have with the same intensity appears, then I'll get that instead.

N/A. Depends on the sculpt, really.

8. I REALLY REALLY REALLY want FL MNF Chloe, the amethyst fullset. Of course, I look at the website about to ask my parents about her, and she is sold out ono

1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Nah. More like the other way around (BBB Ariel came in normal skin at the right time).

I might. She could come back in stock after I get my first doll, or she might come with a normal sculpt with the outfit sold seperatly (I like her sculpt and outfit, go figure)

I'm still thinking about her. I continue to save for Lillium (BBB Bei), and I won't stop until I get her.

9. Souldoll Kimmy! That's the other doll I wanted! I really hope they stock him soon.

10. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Yep. I was quite depressed really, but there is nothing I can do about.

I keep looking, may be somebody decide to sell it)

Saving money, waiting and keep looking. May be I see the doll I will want more)

11. I often love LEs, and have bad luck in lotteries, so I've got a few who got away. They're on my "one day" list if I can find them on the aftermarket and have money at the same time :sweat. A couple of times it did bother me that I missed out, but there are very few dolls that are truly impossible to find, so I'm still hopeful. :)

12. I've missed out on LEs before, plenty of times... I stalked eBay or the Marketplace until I found them later. Very little is impossible with a little persistence. Fortune favors the stubborn.

Discontinued dolls are harder-- often they've been discontinued because they weren't popular, so there's very few floating around on the secondhand market.

I've never had a basic-stock doll run out before, but if it did happen, I'd just wait until they restocked. It's basic, it's not going anywhere. What's the rush?

13. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

That has happened to me Twice. One was a limited doll, a Luts Abadon LE, and I missed the deadline for two hours or so... I went crazy all around the net to look for a second-hand one, which is how I finallt found this forum. The second one was a normally-sold doll.

If I'm sure they are going to put it back in stock, yes. I'd rather wait but get the sculpt I like.

When I was going to buy my Abadon, I put the money in a safe place so I could have it when (or if) I found a second-hand one. My savings lasted up until a personal emergency came up. So, when I finally found him I didn't have the money, and my mum lent it to me (I suspect she likes him even more than I do :D). With the other doll, my savings became the first payment for layaway...

14. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel? This has never happened to me, but I'd probably be pretty upset.

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock? If I really wanted the doll and it was going to be restocked, I definitely would.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll? If they weren't going to get it back in stock and there was another doll I wanted, I'd just go ahead and get the other one. Otherwise, I'd either buy something else altogether, or just keep saving til I see something else I want...

15. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      it did sold out on their website :[ even the standard non limited were sold out :/
      im waiting to see if theyll restock it, i looked on the 'Q and A' page on their website
      and they said theyll come out with new ones in the near future.

i do have another doll i want besides the one they sold out, but ill just have to wait till they restock
      i guess

16. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Actually, this just reminded me of the time before I had even bought my first doll. I was doing that whole "Will I, won't I...?" thing, as spending that much money on a doll is really daunting the first time! xD So anyway, I had decided I would go through with it and, when I went to put him in my cart, it said he was sold out! My body did that whole -bad feeling sinks to the pit of your stomach- thing and I was debating whether or not I should just get the girl version but, thankfully, even though I knew they were the same sculpt, the girl version just didn't look as nice to me. (I sat for ages with both of their pictures on my screen thinking about it, haha) So anyway, a few days later or something, he was back up for sale and I snapped him up immediately!

17. Well, if you want to hear a really lovely story, let me tell you about my Topaz. I loved the doll when it came out; on the Soom site it even listed her birthday as my birthday and I just thought she was lovely. I didn't have the money, though, and the month went by and I forgot about it. One day, I was browsing the Soom site and noticed there was one in stock. Mind you, this was many months later. Apparently, there was a glitch in Soom's site that released dolls that had been sold out. Fortunately enough for me, I got one of the released ones that was actually in stock, and I got my Topaz. :D So, don't give up, cool things can happen. ;)

18. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      She's been sold out a long time, since before I got into the hobby( atleast the main english site lists her as sold out). Of course, sadly as I was looking around to buy my first doll I was captivated by her. AOD Qing. She's supposed to be a non LE, but the AOD site never seems to have her in stock.

I'm still waiting, hoping that one day I'll visit the site and she'll be available.

Heh, well, obviously I didn't end up getting her as my first doll, but I still intend to get one, even if I can only get the head to place on a male body.

19. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Only my first BJD and I felt it was really odd. That is the only time I have seen Luts Delf Soo Special out of stock.

Of course I did. That was the BJD I wanted, the one I got and that I keep with the rest to stay.

I did not and would not do so. What I like is what I go for. My likes go first than what a waiting may mean.

20. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      I don't know whether I'd cry or scream. I'd probably end up doing both. T_T

Can't really answer this one...

I'm not sure what I'd do. I might go for a different doll around the same price. I, like so many others, do tend to have multiple wants at once. XD

I'm in a similar situation; the doll I want isn't sold out, really, but they aren't taking orders for it now. I want HZ Fei, but HZ is still working stuff out, I guess... T_T hope I can order by Christmas