1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When The Doll You Want Is Sold Out

Aug 18, 2010

1. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Yes!! I was devastated... It was in stock for a while

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock?
      No, Fairyland never (I mean never!) stocks dolls again, especially limited ones (which she was)

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      Well, I'm currently saving for her boy-partner. I really didn't like him a few months back, but now I'm looking at pictures of him more and more everyday and he's grown on me so much, I like him more than the original I was going to get! ^_^ I just hope he doesn't sell out too... they're the same price... but if he does, I think I'll get another sculpt (which IS more expensive, but I love her none-the-less) xD

2. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      well with my fist doll I actually had something like that happen to me. I was saving up for him, and when i almost had the money together............... the company closed (old version Dollshe)

after the company closed down I was really sad, until about 3 weeks later I found out that Luts still had the same doll in stock (they used to sell Dollshe dolls as wel) so I broke my savings acount to immediatly buy my Dollshe Saint.

had I not found him in stock at the lust site I would probably not have waited for dollshe (since they closed for undetermined time) I think I would have gone on looking for another doll to fit my character.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      nope, bought the doll I wanted

3. For me it isn't the doll that sold out, but rather a piece of his outfit that they stopped making (unfortunately a piece that I really really liked). Since they stopped making it I can't just wait for it to get back in stock. I'm certainly not going to settle for something less since I wanted that specific thing. So! Off to the marketplace I go to see if I can find someone who got it and is willing to sell it.

4. I haven't had this happen to be, but I would wait for the doll to come back in stock.
      At least for as long as my patience could hold out. ;)
      I guess it depends on how long I had to wait. A month or two would be no big deal, but after that point I'd probably be e-mailing them to ask if they even plan to re-stock the doll.

5. This is why, for wishlists, I stuck to standard dolls. It's just a much better chance.

6. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?I was really sad, but I accepted it.. I had no other choice.

No. I'm an impatient person when it comes to waiting too long

I'd buy my second choice.

7. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Yes. I'd been saving for GomiDoll Igon since 2006 and almost every time, that cute little head fell out of my hands. Every eBay bid I put in got toppled and I had no idea of any re-releases until after they were finished. I felt terrible, naturally!

Oh I definitely did! I finally got him two years later. I snatched him up during the 2008 batch.

Nope--if I like a certain mold, I must have that one! I refuse to settle for less than the one I fell in love with : )

8. 1)Yeah, he's already out for a while time and he's still my first love in DOD family, he's Black elf sha...=_______= Actually I was attracted by the limited or special edition most of time, but everytime I saw them I don't have enough money to bring them home..I hate the limited...

2)Yes. I'd really love kappa09 head, last time I sent him(Kappa) a private mail to ask if he have any plan to release the head again and he answered me yes, it will be released this year but I didn't tell me when exactly, so I will be waited for him and I hope for that moment I will get enough money for taking him home...>_______<

3)I definitely tried but it doesn't work at all. I've been try to put my attention on another one, I bought him and give him anything that I want for bring him closer but it still looks different(I cannot find a style matchs him), everyone was different and finaly I just can't, so I sell him.

9. Yes, I really wanted Volks Amy Amaise (name spelling?) who was featured on the cover of the recent dollfie magazine. By the time I found out about the lottery opening, it was closed! Ah, well, my credit card debt needed to be paid off. At least I am in the black now & working to afford future rent for an apartment I will move into in the near future.

Wishing doesn't work, though I found constant searching, persistent checking of the eBay auctions, I was able to achieve most of my dream. Last year, I started with zero Volks Dollfies, thanks to eBay, & Volks USA BJD lottery, I now have six. Never thought I would ever own Volks' Olivia Morgan & her boyfriend "Jo," but when I found them up for auction on eBay I worked out my finances to afford high bids. It is part good luck, part constant watching online, having the $ to make the payments.

Everything seems to eventually come up for sale on eBay if you watch constantly. Some day in future, Volks' Amy will come up for auction on eBay, also the SD13 Volks' boys I want & maybe Reisner. I hope when those auctions happen I will have the $ to pay for each of them. So, it is back to work I go to build up my bank account.

Best of good fortune to all of you who are searching for your dream BJD's. I hope you win your favorite in a lottery at an event, make the winning bid on eBay, find a great buy here in the marketplace.

10. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

It wasn't "sold out at the last minute" I just didn't realize they hadn't gotten a new stock, but yes. I was disappointed, I really wanted to bring her home that day.

I may have, but didn't.

I bought a doll that was more expensive because it was a more mature version of the doll I wanted. I liked the torso-joint the new doll had and the other did not, and I felt I could love this mature model.

I really couldn't love her fully because the only times I could say "She's pretty, I love her" was when I was looking at her. So I found the head I wanted on the marketplace and worked with the seller to get her as soon as possible. I was able to do a partial trade and get my girl pretty quickly.
      I am very happy now, and I think not waiting for her ended up being a better choice because I love the body from the other doll. Buying her head separately v. buying a new body, was more affordable :)

11. For me, if there is a doll or doll parts that I want that were either LE or sold out, I always check out the marketplace here on DOA ^_^ A lot of times I will find just what I'm looking for, new or slightly used, thus not as much waiting time lol

12. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel? Buddy-doll sold out of the sculpt I wanted just about 2-3 months before I had the money for him.

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock? They haven't restocked and the company is now M.I.A.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll? I bought a Souldoll limited boy for the character instead but the sculpt just isn't right so I re-sold it. Leaving my character open for rehearsals once more. :(

13. my only real experience with a doll being sold out on the website and my wanting to buy it are the Soom LE's. And with those I just haunted the marketplace until I could get what I wanted!

If it were a regular doll for a company I would probably just have waited for it to come back in stock. After all if it's the one doll you know for certain you REALLY want, then why wouldn't you wait? Unless you were debatin between a few different molds, then I'd probably decide to get one of the other molds instead.

14. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

Oh yes! It happened twice with Dollmore LEs when I was trying to purchase my first doll.

The first time, I felt sad whenever I went to their site and saw the pictures of the doll I had missed, but it was more or less all right.

The second time, I was really devastated! I remember feeling sick and crying a bit because she had completely enchanted me.

Nope. She was not going to be re-stocked, and she was a small edition, so even my second-hand market chances would not be good (though I wasn't yet a member of DoA).

By then, I was a bit panicked at how these dolls were all being snatched up. I went for my second choice, another Dollmore LE of the same sculpt, but very, very different. She was about $200 cheaper, which meant that I could afford to clothe her right away. From the moment she first arrived, I have never regretted my choice; she was an amazing first doll. :)

15. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Not exactly, though I can't imagine If the doll I dreamt of would be sold out, I think I would kill myself :sweat
      Speaking seriously, my dream and sold out is Soom Pel Thunderbird... At first I saw her only one photo and thought that hse is beautiful and wondered what price they would ask for her. The next time I entered the site she was already sold out! I was really disspointed, If only I was a bit more attentive maybe she would be mine :(
      Without doubt I would. And I hope that maaaybe, I can buy her from other person.
      Right now I am saving, though I don't know which doll I'm going to buy next. I hope that when I'll have 500-600$ on hands, some company will release smth and I'll say "Here is my dream doll, I'm taking her!"

16. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      for LE yes , its really bother's me ... because doll company tend to do something special on their face-up :(

oh i will wait , until it re-stock again ... i don't care if its take a year i will wait , but too bad its event doll and only sold 3pcs over the world so ... yea good bye my dream :sweat

i ended up saving money for crobidoll yeon-ho , i found him adorable to resist and gonna pay him this new year :)

17. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      I don't know if it was "last minute", but I finally decided on a mold for a character of mine. I had known the mold for a long time and loved it, so I was so sure, it was gonna be her, but to my horror she was listed as "sold out".
      I was lucky she got rereleased as a Halloween event, so I hurried up and ordered her as soon as I learnt it.
      I did look around for a "replacement" mold, but none was as perfect as she was. If she hadn't been rereleased, I would probably wait for a new mold to be released that hopefully would fit, but luckily I didn't have to.

18. I will see if I can get it second hand. If it is too expensive, I's wait for a re-release or if I know that is unlikely, I will wait and look for another doll that resembles the one that is sold out.

If I really love the sold out doll, I will likely save money to adopt him from the second hand market.

19. Can I just say, that at this point I really try NOT looking at the sold-out editions on SOOM. & I avoid looking at Volks. Just toooooo frustrating entirely, especially Volks because they make it SO difficult.
      I was planning on getting a Delf Soo Dark in Feb, but Luts & Delf got that divorce... That threw me :( I've decided to get a Dika Doll Miao instead but I still will probably grab a Soo head at some point - they come up from time to time here.

20. That would be truly heart breaking. I know I fell in love with a doll that had been in production a year before I got in the hobby. I just hope that someday I find him on the marketplace.