1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When The Doll You Want Is Sold Out

Aug 18, 2010

1. If I really want the doll and it's out of stock I will wait for it to be back in stock, if it's a LE I feel bad and wish I would have ordered it the first time I seen it. I usually won't buy another doll unless there is one that I really love and want as much as the sold out one.

Linda From Wisconsin

2. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

this actually happened to me a few months ago. I had been saving for the Luts Delf Limited Lu-Wen that had been up on their site for like a year and a half. I just needed 3 days before i could place the order (payday and all) when he was suddenly taken off the site. So i emailed the luts people and shamelessly BEGGED for them to restock just ONE doll for me. just one. they were so nice they did. but of course something else had to go wrong. the bank froze my accounts when i tried to make the payment and flagged the transaction as fraudulent. Turns out my job had marked my direct deposit paycheck to be held for like 3 DAYS!!!! so I'm all in a panic cause i REALLY don't wanna loose this doll. I ended up calling Korea. CALLING KOREA!!! i cried over that phone bill. but it took me those 3 days they held my check to get my bank all figured out. Only now since my order with luts was technically in the "being canceled" phase i had to wire transfer them the money. which is like $20 to transfer it into their account and a $50 charge from my back for just making the transaction. so now I'm stressed, depressed, panicking, and $70 over what i could technically afford for my doll. Ands then to top it off the mail man who delivered him... dumped his box over the wall into my back yard. I almost didn't find him. i wouldn't have since i don't go back there. Luckily a neighbor saw him do it. it was a very sad experience. But on a happy note i got him! he caused me all kinds of stress but i still LOVE him!

And there is another doll I'm waiting for. JunkySpot. com has a bobobie Mei that i want to. Regular skin seems to be an item they cant keep hold of.

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock?

for the bobobie mei i wait. They said they don't know when she'll be restocked but i want to make sure i can buy her on the spot when they do get her back in.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?

I have a list. Of dolls i want and their prices. i generally tend to buy the cheaper ones first but sometimes theirs a time limit on the dolls availability. So i try for one doll sometimes do end up buying another in its place and starting the saving game all over again.

3. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      In the case of my Soom Amber, I sat around wanting her but the funds weren't there at the time. I mean, I could have brought her, but I'd be scrounging for money. I had to let her go. I remember looking at her sales page the day after it closed and was pretty torn haha.

She came back years later in NS and as a special order through Soom, I think? Minus fantasy parts.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      I did get incredibly lucky. My best friend had brought an Amber MD when they were first released. After a long waiting period (I think it was around 6 months to get to her) my friend decided to sell her. To me 8D

After selling Amber to me, my friend found that a year or so later she wanted Amber back in her life. She scored one through the Marketplace here. Now we both have our Ambers!

4. yes this happens a lot. It's the set up for these sites seems. But if there's a doll you like and you are saving for - a lot of them, with prior arrangements will take it on a layaway. If you make regular payments. They won't process the order until the final payment is made but it means that you don't miss out and of course too, it means you have a strict regime for yourself.
      Penny

5. Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      The IH Luna LE grey skin was just two days past the ordering span when I actually fell in love with her. I saw her before and really liked her but then it really clicked. I asked if they would ever restock her or if they had an order coming back. The wait until they answered was really sad for me. I read through the discussion threads and went to her page some time (IDK, must have liked torturing myself :sweat).
      If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock?
      They replied the next day and said they had lost a buyer and asked if I still wanted her. I jumped. :D
      Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      I don't buy substitutes.

6. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      It hasn't happened to me but I believe that would probably be the most terrible feeling in the world!!!
      I would be like why didn't I eat more instant noodles so I could save faster!!!

If it's a limited doll then that's that lol

That's what I did with elf Ducan…hello Homme Ducan!!!

7. Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      YES! >.< I felt really bad, I got angry with my self because I did some wig shopping first and felt confident that the doll I like has a lot in stock but after picking a wig for her, BAM! She's SOLD OUT!

If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock?
      Yes, But they told me it'll take up alot of months to be in stock again...

Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      Yes, I chose Doll Leaves Flora instead.... which seems that I'll like more :D

8. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Not for basic dolls yet, but I love several limited dolls that just came out at the perfectly wrong time for my wallet and me.
      I am praying hard that they will be re-released, and that is the only choice besides getting a second hand.
      Nope, since I am praying for them to come out again, I am trying to keep some money aside just in case it happened. Marketplace is not an option as the doll sculpts out there that I want are either having a different breast size, a different skin tone, a different gender or lack the mobility joint that I wanted. I refuse to buy them as I fear I cannot bond with something less than my ideal(and that include other sculpts). Rather than wasting my time and potentially causing them to lose an owner that will find them perfect, I'll wait. And wait.

9. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      i felt like crying cause i don't think they will sell it again. ;[
      it won't,since it's nobility service of bill kaulitz.
      3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll? i'll keep the money,maybe someone will decide to do it again

10. The only question is the price here. Are you ready to spent two times more for the doll you want - that is the question.

11. I usually fall in love with the limited dolls or found out about them when they're already sold out. And I don't save for dolls, so I just buy whatever it is available that I like at the moment with the money I can spend.

12. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      It wasn't quite "last minute", but one day I just logged on to the Volks website and found that they'd phased her out. :( I was saving up (very slowly) to get her, and it broke my heart to think I would never get her. This was all before I got Marketplace access here, though.

I'm not sure if Volks will ever re-release her, but I already found her here in the MP and jumped on her before she could slip away from me again.

I actually spent the money I initially saved on a different doll, then scrambled to get more funds when I found her here. XD

13. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

never.. but I have gone to sites and seen promos for dolls and then when I get to their page they are sold out already.. even though the promotion for it was still up.. I get Sad Face because I never can get to the dolls I like in time if they are LE.. if they are LE I pretty much just have to let it go.. because I have come to the conclusion that I will never have one that I like.

Sure why not.. If they are sold out and will restock I would wait it out and check back for it every week or so.

If the doll I wanted was sold out.. I WOULD look to see if I could get it elsewhere first. OR if it will restock.. If it doesnt restock within a month I would probably give up and find a differant doll of equal or lesser value than the original doll I was looking at. I do have a wish list of dolls that is pretty long so I would probably move on to one of the other dolls on my wish list and see if I am able to buy any of thous. I think It is a good Idea to have a wishlist of many dolls.. that way if one is sold out you can just move to the next one and see if they are in stock. As for buying a more expensive doll than what I was planning.. it would just depend on how much more expensive it is.. if its dooable.. like 50-100$ more then maybe.. if its more than that .. probably not..

14. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Well, not really. I'm pretty good at putting money aside "just in case" a doll comes out that I'd want... I also tend to do layaways even if I *can* completely pay off a doll to make sure I at least get my foot in the door, so to speak.. This might be problematic, but I usually have 1-2 dolls on layaway at any given time, haha. ~_~ But, there have been times when I did want a doll but I couldn't afford it or even put it down on layaway, but it's not a big deal as if I *really* want one, then I'll figure out a way to get it.

Of course! If I want it, and it's not currently available, I'll wait. :>

Nah, if it's not *the one* that I want, then why bother wasting any money at all on it?

15. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      This actually happened to me a few weeks ago, I had really wanted a limited edition full-set that was way over what i would normally pay for a doll that size. I was saving to put him on layaway, and he had been on the website for 8 months without selling so i thought it would happen. Within a span of 1 day both remaining full-sets were sold out...:evil:..I freaked out:o and panicked:...(

He's a limited full-set......he wont be back in stock:(

I'm hunting for him on the secondhand market, he's the one I fell in love with, no other will substitute his character.:thumbup

16. I've had a few dolls sold out on me, but that was because they were limiteds and I didn't have the funds. Personally, I would never look for a different, equally looking doll; it was that limited I fell for, not any other doll. I'd just seach the marketplace until I find what I'm looking for, for a price I'm willing to pay.

Sometimes getting the doll I want is almost an obsession. I'm still looking for a Kanon Louis, for instance and I know his sister Yui comes up a little more often (as in twice in 6 years as apposed to... 0 in 6 years). Still I want Louis. They almost look the same, but it wouldn't be the same for me.

17. I've tried to get so many of the LE Volks girls, but they sell out so fast that you have no idea what hit you.

Then you have the lottery that you may or may not win.. which can really stress you out.

I will admit that I was just a little bitter, but I made a full choice order through other members on her, & I have the MSD girls & 1 boy that I want.

The LE dolls are rare to come back in stock, but if you look on eBay there are people who bought the dolls to simply flip them for more $, & they did not even pick the extra services that Volks offers.

18. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

I'm not sure if it was last minute or not (because it has been about 5 years that I've been saving for her :sweat) but yes, the original doll wanted sold out and then the renewal of both her and the one I was going to buy if she suddenly wasn't in stock (which is technically the same mold as her anyway) are currently sold out. They're both standard models so I know they're probably going to come back in stock but I still feel a little sad that I can't bring her home sooner.

I am waiting for her to come back in stock now.

no, and I will not buy for a different doll. I will keep waiting for her to come back in stock (unless I find one here in the Marketplace).
      *debating whether or not to e-mail the company about it*

19. It's true - I actually think this can be a great way of determining your actual desire for something. If an old LE comes up and I'm delighted to see it regardless of the price then I know that it's something I actually want. If a markup (or even just an original list price) makes me pause then I know it's probably just something that I think is generally attractive and not something I really want to add to my personal collection.

There are only one or two LEs that I missed (either because they're older or that I considered but passed on, or wasn't able to obtain at the release time in the case of event/lottery dolls) that I haven't seen come up on the secondhand market somewhere, so it really does just become a question of whether or not that resale price seems worthwhile.

20. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Yeah, I was saving up for an Or-doll Limos and just about had enough money to buy him, I went back to check and HE WAS GONE. I actually felt so bad I really really really liked his sculpt so... ;_;

2) If you could, would you wait until it got back in stock?
      I actually am still waiting for him to go back in stock XD ILL WAIT FOREVER I SWEAR or maybe just look for one somewhere out there XD

Oh. Well...I spent the money buying more clothes for my doll so uh... OTL