1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When The Doll You Want Is Sold Out

Aug 18, 2010

1. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

No, but I have often seen dolls that I liked and went to see if I could afford and found them sold out, limited or not. It wasn't a question of last minute really, at least I don't think so, but I've run into this a lot, sold out dolls, that I would have liked to have been able to buy. Some dolls they just never seem to be in stock when I'm looking to buy a doll even though they're not very limited dolls.

2) If you could, did you wait until it got back in stock?

Sometimes I have, but more often than not, no. I don't like waiting on doll things that are out of stock. My least favorite thing is going to a doll store seeing that they have a doll listed all the time but no matter what they never order one, you still have to special order it and wait months for it if you want it. Ditto, smaller things like eyes, shoes, wigs, etc. The dolls I can kind of understand though not limited dolls always being special order kind of bugs me but there's this one major store I have wanted to shop at that NEVER has anything in stock.

Everything you want can be ordered if you're patient and prepared to wait months for them to put the order in and to get it but I don't have the patience for that. Not when it comes to accessories anyway and I usually end up giving up on buying there even though I like the looks of the stuff that they sell. One of the reasons I like the one store that I do shop at a lot is because they actually have a few basic dolls from a brand I like on hand usually. Or if I do have to order what I want it's pretty quick, never more than say 8-10 weeks. I'm not always sitting there waiting six months or longer for anything. Too much wait time can totally kill my wanting to buy a doll, even one that I really love, and I won't wait months for the other stuff. Not when I can go somewhere else and buy the same thing and get it then.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?

I bought something else or I bought the doll I wanted used instead. I don't order from the company directly very often actually for that reason. When I buy used I know the doll is in hand. I can see the condition it's in and I know that it won't take a year for it to arrive. Might even save a few $$$ too, hopefully...

2. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Yep. At first I thought that it's ok, and I will find it on the after market. But then I saw the prices and annoyed the doll company with whining and pleeding to let me purchase the doll if any of the customers reconsideres to pay a layaway or something. And it actualy worked - it was Onyx Shadow. I still treasure her)

Yes, I missed Cuprit release because I had no money. And I waited for Cuprit - Wish upon the north wind then.

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll?
      No, never. I can't replace them once I fell inlove...

3. This actually, sorta recently happened to me. I saw a beautiful picture of a Doll and did some digging to find out what he was. When I got my answer- that he was an event head from 2009 that was no longer for sale, I was VERY disappointed.

1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      When I got my answer- that he was an event head from 2009 that was no longer for sale, I was VERY disappointed.

Nope. He was gone, solid GONE.

I scoured the second hand market until I found one and snapped him up. =)

4. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

Not exactly,when I first began researching BJDs earlier this year I fell hard for Leekeworld Mikhaila but I was totally ignorant to the fact that Leeke released their dolls during order periods and so she'd been unavailable for months,I was dissapointed but there wasn't any helping it.

I had actually given up,she popped up on Ebay a couple of times (even in tan which is what I really wanted) but I personally thought that those asking prices were a bit out there even for the LE tan...

It wasn't until I saw her suddenly in stock at Denver Doll that I placed her on a layaway since the artist I wanted to commission went on a four month break period though I fear that she is from that particular batch where the Snow Skin came out pinker than usual...I'm crossing my fingers on that one.

My descision to purchase Leekeworld Ariana (whom was in stock at DDE) as my first BJD was influenced by the fact that I'd seemingly missed out on her "cousin" and of course because I truly do adore her sculpt,she was just a tad bit more expensive I'm assuming because of her larger head.

5. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

Thankfully not yet

I don't think I will unless I am certain that they will be back in stock in a short period of time. Otherwise I just go for MP

Probably not... if I spent a long time saving up for a certain doll, then I want that certain doll!! xD

6. I usually come across the LE dolls I love when it's too late :pout: so many dolls I want are sold out and I just head desk over the whole thing and just dream that one day I'll come across them secondhand and that I'll have the money haha

7. The one doll so far that wasn't LE that I've wanted that ended up being sold out is Dollzone's Baixuan. I was pretty bummed to find that out, still kinda hoping they might bring her back. If not, I'll try and find her second hand X_X

8. It happens all the time, believe me! Sometimes it takes a long, long time for a particular LE doll to drift onto the secondary market in enough quantity to bring the price down, but it nearly always does happen eventually. I just picked up a nearly fullset, completely default, pristine-condition Volks LE from 2003 on Yahoo!Japan for a song. Was it worth waiting all those years? Yes, yes, yes.

9. aw yay! :) I'm hoping now that i'm on DoA I'll come across I few I missed out on. now it's just the money issue to deal with :XD:

10. I will be so angry if the doll i want would be out of stock. But i will be wait if they said they will have a re-stock. I know what i want & if i searching for a similar . That's always have some details different of the one i want.

11. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

​Fingers crossed that this doesn't happen. I think I have to wait another week before I have the funds

She's a limited so I'm assuming there won't be another chance lol

3) Or did you buy a different doll of equal/lesser value, or continue saving for a more expensive doll

Who knows, I'm sorta smitten with her but if need be I might get another doll. Theres always another one that I'm sure I'll be hopelessly in love with.

12. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?
      Yep, it was the first doll I wanted to buy, a Switch Soseo, so he ended up being my grail doll and I'm still searching for him.

I'm not sure if they'll restock him in the normal skintone that I want, but if they did, I'd snap him up without a second thought this time.

In the end, I did buy a different doll, but I'm still hoping against all hope that I'll stumble across the Switch Soseo sculpt someday.

13. 1) Has a doll you've been saving for sold out at the last minute? How did you feel?

Yes, I felt a little sad, but oh well. (Destiny) Maybe I can find her in second-hand market in the future...

Yes. Why not ^_^ it's worth the wait~~

It depends how deeply I am in love with that sculpt ^_^ I always have other dolls that I love though ;3;

14. So i have a minifee head right now and wow he is small! And im sorta starting to want to own bigger one like delf and feeple 60 ( im into slim kinda dolls )
      and all the dolls i like are sold out. Do you guys ever thought buying the same size but not the sculpt you want? Or just wait and pray the company start to sell them or buy secondhand that looks very nice. Please tell me your opinions guys :)

15. I had been wanting an SD girl for a while but I just couldn't find a sculpt or body I liked. Then I discovered the Feeple60 but off course they were sold out. I pouted and threw tantrums for no one in particular and kept searching the marketplace for that one girl. Unfortunately plenty of Feeple60 were to be found second-hand but none had the exact sculpt that I wanted. After nearly giving up on my quest Fairyland went ahead and released the Feeple60 Moe line and I was sold the minute I saw the promotional pictures, the body was perfect and they were offering the sculpt I had been looking for.

I wouldn't settle for anything less than your perfect SD boy or girl. If they're not available at the moment I would just wait and search the marketplace in the meanwhile. Plenty of perfect dolls out there looking for a new owner.

16. I did this a few years ago when I decided I didn't like my minis as much as I'd hoped and wanted to size some of them up. My favorite girl was a MNF Marcia, and there is no big Marcia, so I ordered a Delf Miyu and she worked even better for the character.

The Feeple60 will probably be back (the girls at least) at some point, but you may have to decide whether you want whatever special edition they're running at the time. The CP Delfs however are never coming back, so if you really want one of them you're going to have to go to the marketplace. If you're impatient I'd recommend just picking up something second hand anyway (or starting a WTB thread), because you really never know what Fairyland's going to do and you might have to wait a while for them to open up orders.

17. Yeah the girls will surely go back but there are boys sculpt i want and. Also the delf the delf shine and yder i want wil only be find in market place and hope i can find it and i seriously need an acess at the market place

18. Im looking for feeple 60 karsh yder chloe and the vampire version of chloe and karsh and they sure are near imposible to find but as you say i shouldnt settle until i find the exact one i want !