1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When will you be done?

Mar 8, 2019

1. Cool! I wish I had the memory to recall people's user names! I used to rely on avatars... boy did that go well! Lol!
      Congrats on getting your last doll on your wish list! I think I'm okay not getting any on mine, I have too many resins as it is and they are not even whole yet. (:

2. Who knows? I haven't got too many places for anything, but I want a doll Chateau girl for my second bjd, and have some other doll I like too bad. Maybe four to six dolls, but it can change. I die for 2 Universe Doll sculpt (Alsop and LiGuqing) I will definitly have at least their head... But I am on a low budget, and it can take lots of time...:sigh

3. I've been buying dolls with my spending money since my parents first started giving me an allowance when I was a kid. I doubt I'll ever stop. I still have some of my childhood dolls even now in my 40's. Will my bjd buying slow down? Probably, but I doubt it'll ever fully stop while I'm still alive. I'll be 90 in a nursing home and still looking at the latest sculpts.

4. I have taken breaks from the hobby and have long (months even years) no buy periods for one reason or another. But I don't see a point where I'm "finished" collecting. Though, it's grown on a way that I didn't think would be possible, I love my collection and it inspires me to keep growing in my creativity. :)

5. I don't think I will ever be finished unless I leave the hobby for good (I've been collecting for 10 years now so I doubt this will happen, seems like this is a hobby that has stuck). This is a very active hobby for me so I always have to be working towards something, whether it's making something new or saving up to buy another doll. Possibly as I get older and my collection gets bigger I might slow down on buying new dolls, but I don't think I would ever look at my collection and think it's finished.

6. I honestly don't know. I have MSD girls coming out of my ears, two SD girls which is plenty for me, and my wish list is a lot shorter than it used to be but it's not empty yet. I want one more tiny, an SD guy and one more Dollfie Dream at the very least. And as soon as I think I'm somewhere near done, artists go off down a new track and I'm smitten all over again. I also don't really see an end to hunting out clothes and accessories for them, though I'm going to have to stop acquiring furniture as I'm running out of space!

Realistically I know I already have more than I can give proper attention to, but I can't bring myself to let go of any - not even the ones who've been boxed up for literally years. :(

7. Only when I have no new ideas and loose interest in dolls entirely.

The hobby changes for me, I evolve, learn new things and techniques. It widens my horizon and I found it absolutely fascinating.

As we are planning to purchase a 3D printer, I will see what I can do with this. Maybe I will print my own dolls, realize my own ideas. Sure these dolls will be off topic here, but I am fine with that. I want to experiment with different jointing systems.

8. I think, that it would be never gonna happen:). I'm new in this hobby, but always will be a chance to find "another" doll to collection. Especially when Your preferences would be change by time or your friends, till the end of Your life.

9. I think never because I just found out that I feel more enjoyment when I have a new doll and discover their character. Then they are barely played with which is why I ended up with many dolls and instead of playing with them I'm looking at new dolls to buy :( I know I have a problem, I have an obsession with buying things. I'm trying to change this and appreciate more what I have but it's hard...

10. I feel I will be effectively done fairly soon. I have three floating heads who need bodies. Once I’ve gotten these for them I don’t really have in mind any dolls that I would save for and buy rather than just admire. I’ll never be done with clothes or props but actual dolls; looks like I will be topping out at six.

11. Like others have said - when I loose interest in the hobby altogether. I’ve certainly slowed down in recent years. That said, I’ll probably feel “finished” once I add Popovy and a Volks resin to the collection. But then again I originally only wanted 6 dolls max and I see how that turned out...:roll:

12. As of right now I don't know that I'll ever be "finished" because I love adding to my small doll family and further developing or creating characters.

13. I am officially done! At least on the adding resin front. I mostly just want bodies for my floaters, one of which is hideously expensive. That aside, however, I don't think I will ever be done getting them outfits, props and other things. Half my crew is comprised of divas that demand all the money in the world...

14. This summer, when all my orders arrived. I will take a break buying new dolls for a while. But customizing and photographing the existing ones, well, that's a whole different story... :D

15. I don't think there will ever be an end to my collecting, I think I will eventually sell dolls and clothes but then taking new stuff in.

16. this is a hard question for me because I kept on buying new dolls and floating heads but I've never finished their outfits yet. and it's sad :(

17. I have a doll list, and its a total of 13 dolls. When I got them all then I think I am done! The rest is just to improve with their looks if needed. :D

18. I really can't say. New dolls are coming out constantly, and the sculpts just keep getting more and more interesting - so completing a wishlist is out of the question, because I just keep adding to it. I guess I'll be done if the day ever comes that the hobby itself just doesn't interest me anymore.

19. I love all the 'NEVER!' responses :lol:
      When I started collecting Monster High dolls, I made my boyfriend promise to stop me if either; I ran out of shelf space, or I got to 15 dolls. That rule unofficially carried over when I started collecting BJDs, and so far I'm doing alright! I have three and a wishlist of four, so after that I have a little leeway before I hit 15 total ^u^

20. I have no plans either way, I'll continue as it strikes my fancy (it's been around 14 years so far). I don't do photostories like some so there isn't a set number of "characters" to get or anything like that. Maybe I'll end up with 100, maybe I'll decide to sell all but 1, who knows? I can see myself even if I lose interest in the hobby to keep a few dolls as display pieces since they are beautiful works of art.