1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When will you be done?

Mar 8, 2019

1. Honestly, I don't know. When I have this thought, then it will be most likely over. I thought I would be satisfied with the Avengers, but then came Raphael, then his dad Dr. Strange...then Aquaman.

By now I am afraid every time a character from DC or Marvel that I love will get a BJD actionfigure. Then he or she of course needs the corresponding outfit and everything else...they also need an environment, of course. And needs a customized stand...and so on.

2. If I ever get tired of the hobby. If that ever happens, here's hoping it's a long ways off. I do hope to be done buying dolls for a while, though. I don't have the space for a large collection. Once I can finally settle down though, I might bump my limit from five to ten. After all, there are so many dolls that haven't been made yet!

3. When I feel the urge of letting go (( not anytime soln))
      I got my first 2 dolls 2 weeks ago. Both of them have basic outfits only. I went ik to this hobby cuz I wanna learn how to sew clotchs (( I know how to crochet stuff so sewing is not that far off I think ))

4. idk about completely done, since i dont have the idea for a "finished" doll. but i can see myself owning about five or six dolls (3 msds, two sds, and an extra slot for whatever lol) but i dont think i could divide my attention between more than that. the thing i enjoy most about dolls is getting them clothes and dressing them up in new things lol so for me a doll that sits unchanging on a shelf would probably be a failure.

all that being said, there is sort of an exciting rush about ordering a new doll--i bought my first new one in eight years a few months ago, and even got the fast gratification since it was already made and in stock from the dealer so it came in a week. it just feels so good!! but my budget is limited, almost as limited as my very specific taste, so i think my pickiness will protect me from having like thirty dolls ^^' which im thankful for. i also have decided to just avoid fullsets, since i wouldnt want to dress up a doll who came pre-clothed with something elaborate.

..... if in ten years i have thirty dolls, though, please come end me lol.

5. When it comes to dolls I honesty only have one character that I strive to shell so once I find the perfect sculpt for him ill be done dolls wise but I don't think ill ever be done with clothes lol

6. Well, a year ago I thought I was “done” at 36.:sweat But now I’m somehow up to 40. I blame my own overly creative mind for this because it came up with yet more fascinating characters to be shelled (yes, I’m a slave to my own imagination.):doh But I’ve promised my husband I’m making a hard stop because I’ve run out of space (unless Fairyland starts making Realpukis again...and then all bets are off because they’re small enough to fit in anywhere!);)

#66 PoeticSoul, May 7, 2020
      Last edited: May 9, 2020
    7. I just started collecting, so I honestly don’t see myself stopping anytime soon! With dolls at least lol! There will be a point where I need to stop getting clothes for one specific doll though! My first doll Xander has a good amount of clothes so I will probably stop soon and work on my other dolls collection of things! :))

8. I'm hoping I'm done buying dolls. But there's so much more to do with them. I love the sewing challenge in the workshop threads. That keeps me sewing once a monthish. I love working on my puki's roombox. And I love sharing photos and interacting with other collectors.
      I was 'done' with the hobby once. Toxic friends and a need for money made me walk away. Hopefully that won't happen again. I love all my bjd, and hope to have them till the end :)

9. I just found out I’m pregnant so I thought I should stop collecting now or for the meantime at least .. I was free to collect dolls before since it’s just me and my husband but now we have to
      Think of our future baby hehe buy I’ve been bad cause I bought my last 2D doll cream just 2 days after knowing I’m pregnant

10. As long as I like my doll, I will like buying things for my doll. Half the fun is waiting for the next package.

11. Hopefully never. ;)

I love that my doll family is ever growing/changing. At this point the only thing that would stop me is running out of space for them, and even that is debatable. lol

12. So, from late 2015 to late 2018I took a hiatus because life (and finances) got a little crazy. Put all my dolls in storage and just kind of... Forgot about them for a while. But I never sold them. I thought about doing that when I took them out of storage in late 2018 - early 2019, but didn't, and I'm so glad because I'm more involved in the hobby now than before.

Do I ever think I'll move on? As someone at least $5k invested in dolls alone-- not including accessories, clothes, and even an Ikea wardrobe for roomboxes-- god I hope not because I'm in pretty deep with this hobby at this point :lol:

13. I don't know if I'll ever be "done" done. I want to at least shell my favorite OC's, which would put me at 6 dolls, and there's two sculpts that I want outside of that. This number can of course grow as I generate new OC's or fixate on ones that I didn't really develop in the past. And of course if I come across a sculpt that really catches my fancy... I've loved dolls since I was a little kid so I can't really see myself stopping all aspects of the hobby.

14. I currently have 7 dolls and I don't want many more. I don't like clutter and having too many would feel like that for me. I have other dolls in my collection and have stopped with those so BJDs are my way of branching out I think.

15. I am currently at 6 (gradually collected and reshelled since 2011), waiting on one that would bring me to 7, and honestly, I might be done. There is a possibility of replacing a body or two, getting a few more pairs of jointed hands and maybe an alternate head for a certain character, but as for making brand new standalone dolls? ... the only potential wild card I see is feeling compelled to shell the daughter of one of my current characters, but as I would want to shell her ~7 years older than she is at the end of their story, she couldn’t really interact with the rest of the group for photos as easily... so I’m not sure I could justify her.

There’s plenty of stuff left to do for the existing dolls, especially as I’ve started making dioramas and larger props. But after pouring nearly all my disposable income into this hobby for almost a decade, I’m kinda ready to ‘invest’ in some of my other goals while just enjoying the dolls I already have.

16. Pretty much like others have mentioned, probably never. Just when I think I’m done with collecting, I always see a sculpt I like. :doh

17. Yes, when I save up for my dream doll! Then I will be done with human dolls. I might occasionally be tempted by a tiny anthro, but yeah, my doll collecting is finally over. Actually it’s a relief as I will have more spending money and a small crew to take care of. It only took a decade to figure out what makes me happiest, and do it.

18. I do believe, someday I'll lose interest. But I dont lose interest on something that easily haha!

19. In terms of space, I'm done haha, but I have a few heads that need bodies, so I am far from done! I want to finish one group of OCs, when I do, then I'll be at 20 dolls... If I can finish them, I'll be really really happy, but I don't know if I'll still consider myself done!

20. I won't ever been done. I've been collecting dolls/action figures for over 30 years now and have finally found my resting place with BJDs. The SD size is perfect for me and the amount of customization possible is just right. Not so vast that it feels daunting but deep enough that I feel I can find something to keep myself occupied forever (forever in human years).

Nearly everyday I'm discovering a new doll model that maybe I missed a few years ago or have been overlooking. The ideal that one of these dolls could pop up on the secondhand market at anytime is pleasant thrill.