1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When will you be done?

Mar 8, 2019

1. In terms of buying dolls I'm almost done. There is no one exact doll I want at this very moment, but I have ideas in mind for what the final doll will be. That will probably happen a few years from now though because I've blown the doll budget sky high for this year (and probably the next lol).

In terms of clothing and accessories that will probably be something I continue to slowly collect as time goes on.

2. I’ll be probably finally finished in the next year. I’m only shelling beloved characters from my stories but it takes time to get the right outfit, the eyes and wig. No one is finished yet, one still needs a new faceup. The rest are naked until I find the right everything.

3. I don't see myself ever being done. There may be times when I slow down or not buy anything for a while, but I'll never completely just stop enjoying the hobby or these dolls. This will probably be lifelong for me :)

4. Yeah. I can't really see a point where I'll be "finished" collecting. I've always been a very morose person, and dolls have always made me happy. <3 I mean, there could be periods where I'm not actively buying dolls. I think that would be temporary though.

5. I've been in the hobby now for 13 years, I started as a wee-baby in high school and now I have kids of my own who will be starting school soon. I think that as long as the hobby continues to grow and artists continue to sculpt, I will never be done. The aesthetics have changed so drastically in just the time I have been here that I always feel like my collection will fluctuate. I'm at the point that I'm collecting my "forever" dolls. But I'm also branching out to others that I wouldn't have considered 5 years ago.

Plus, I buy too many accessories to ever stick with one look for my dolls. :)

6. Not sure if I ever will be. I have a wishlist of dolls after that I'll try to stick to clothing and accessories lol who knows

7. I literally saw this thread title and immediately thought never before even opening the page. :XD: I think it really comes down to whenever I have that moment where I feel satisfied with my resin family. I feel that way at the moment, but I also have more dolls incoming so maybe I’m just delusional! :aeyepop:

8. I've been collecting since 2006 and...dare I say it... [knocks on wood] I am DONE, 20 dolls later! Acquisition-wise, anyway. Outfits and such are in a state of flux as styles and companies change, of course.

I'm one of those folks who needs an OC who's beloved enough to shell into a doll. So as my core-favorite characters are all finally here, at last I don't need anymore dolls. (I can just wing it when I see Cocoriang release more cute stuff!)

9. When I feel like I'm done I stop looking and that's when other dolls seem to find me! I am mostly done at the moment with only a few others I'd like to bring home, but finances won't allow for that at present. I don't think I've ever thought about having a 'complete' collection as there will always be new sculpts, artists and companies who may have something that pulls me back into buying.

10. I might put a limit on myself at some point, because I can't fit more into my mental load. Once I hit my mental capacity, I'll start practicing "one on, one out". But I don't want to be firmly "done" because you never know what new dolls will be available.

11. When i lose intrest in the hobby

12. I'm so picky about sculpts that I always knew I wanted just 1M 1F. Just found a great hybrid for my girl so I know I'm done shopping for whole dolls.

The parts and accessories though, hahahha probably never. Though it cant hurt to regularly destash I guess?

13. I think that while I'm in the hobby I will never be completely done with buying dolls, but I do have a "soft cut off" point - a set of dolls that I really like and want that will form the core of my collection, after I got thous my doll purchasing is going to slow down to the "cherry on top" kind of thing - occasional doll that is newly released or an artist doll in a right scale that I really like, which will likely amount to a doll every couple of years or so just to keep things interesting :)

14. I keep thinking I am done with getting more dolls, but then another comes along....:sweat

15. Well, I don’t know actually. I only have two dolls since I started this hobby for four years, but now I have a wishlist that includes 5~6 dolls. My limit is to own no more than 10 full dolls because I mainly collect big size dolls and they really take up space.

16. I'm currently waiting for my 4th doll, and plan on buying another Lati Yellow as soon as they open up orders for them.
      Those dolls (and the ones I already own) are the only ones I want right now. That said, if I ever one day come across a new sculpt that really catches my attention, I'm not against buying it.

17. I've been in this hobby 12 years now, and don't think I'll ever be done collecting. Every so often I think to myself "Why do I keep buying these dolls? All they do is stay in their box or on the shelf..." and then consider selling off most of them. But then I get sucked back in when I pull some of them out to "play" with. I have a lot of dolls now, with more incoming, and also collect the off-topic mass produced dolls designed for children.

18. I've decided to cut my collection in half, keeping four and selling four. Once those are out of the house I'll consider myself done. I haven't bought a doll since March of last year and I don't foresee wanting to buy any more at this point. Maybe some different outfits?

19. I’ve hit and gone past my doll limits so I’m actually getting ready to scale back my doll numbers, in resin and in my other dolls overall. For Bjd, as far as faceplates, new clothes, props, accessories etc...there isn’t a ‘done’ for me. Part of my hobby fun is that it’s open ended. I have some specific goals to meet with certain dolls but that usually won’t mean a particular doll will be ‘finished’. I think I only have hm, 2 dolls that I’ll style and then leave ‘as is’ or ‘finish’, honestly.

20. When my group feels complete I won't feel the need to keep getting more. No idea when that will be, though. I've already reached my maximum number of Real Puki at 2. So I guess sections of my collection could be done in the foreseeable future.