1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When will you be done?

Mar 8, 2019

1. I do not know if i will ever be satisfied

2. .

#122 Gintsumi, Aug 16, 2021
      Last edited: Feb 28, 2024
    3. Hmmm...

He who dies with the most toys...wins!

4. I kind of feel done, at least with BJDs. There are some face-ups to send out and maybe I'll think about another yosd sized doll. But I'm not actively looking. I really love the dolls I have and just like posing and dressing them.

5. I'm always buying and selling dolls so I don't end with too much of them @-@
      I only do this because I have a little house tho hahaha I don't want it to be like full of dolls :(

6. I don't really know, I thought for a bit that I was just about done with collecting more dolls since I finished my mod project for my demon boy but here I am with 4 more dolls on the way. I honestly adore having such a large collection and the variety it brings. I'm also still looking at making another demon, plus there's still two characters I want to shell + a custom head I'm working on. I know for clothes and wigs, the answer is never enough. I'm a bit of hoarder with clothes since I love changing out everyone's outfits pretty much all the time.
      I guess, The end will happen when it happens, I'm just here for the ride

7. No idea to be honest, but I love the few dolls I have and want to keep doing small projects with them here and there.

8. Oh I'll never be done...characters are always growing and changing, and no one only owns a single outfit! I will eventually have the key group finalized, though, so I can focus more on pretty clothing and props.

9. I don't know if I'll ever be. I enjoy the writing process so much, and dolls are characters for me, so as long as I write I'll want more. Granted, I get things veeeeeeery slowly as I don't make much money at all, so it'll forever just be a process for me.

10. This is a tough one. I try to avoid thinking about this because dolls will never end. New and better dolls are always coming out. What I loved once I now look at and say WHY?
      I am struggling right now with overwhelm because of the amount of dolls I have and wish I could go back to a time where I had just a couple. I think I will always have a few no matter what, but as my taste and dolls change I think it will always be a revolving door because things only satisfy me for so long :/

11. I will never be done with dolls. I have always loved them in one form or the other. I don't have a great need of collecting large quantities, but really enjoy creating new things for them, and new dolls slip in from time to time. :)

12. I guess it depends upon what your definition of "done" is? (Am I giving the "what you definition of 'is' is?" answer? Probably.)

I do want to put the brakes on buying dolls, but there's so much more to do in this hobby - modding dolls, learning to make clothing and accessories, learning to photograph, making dioramas, learning to make your own dolls, etc. And there's always more to learn and discover about dolls.

Add to that the latest explosion of doll companies putting out new and different dolls, and I guess as long as the hobby continues to grow and evolve, I'll never be done.

13. If my boyfriend or mom asks: no more buying dolls! I have enough! :)

If my best friend asks: I'm just getting started :cool:

14. I'll be done when I get my grail i think...maybe. Collecting and knowing when to stop collecting is hard for me, i collect stickers and the 90s furbys in addittion to BJDs and while i've slowed down I wouldn't say I've stopped collecting sdfvbgdhf

15. I don't know the answer to that question. I'm not currently looking for more dolls but I might suddenly see one and have to have it. I am currently building up a supply of clothes, shoes and accessories and I will buy some furniture soon. Right now it's all about creating decent rooms for the dolls I have to display them. I don't want lots of spare stuff though. I've told myself I'm only buying things that are made especially for the dolls I have, as I don't like clutter and I have found that buying clothes in particular, in the hope that they fit, usually ends up with something not being quite right.

16. I'm starting to slow down a bit with my collecting, but only because I'm running out of the little space I've got currently and I don't have as much money that I can put towards acquiring any new dolls right now. But I imagine once I eventually move to a larger space and things get a little less hectic for me, I'll jump right back into it. I also originally started this hobby about 10 or so years ago but took a 7 year break and got back into it a year or two ago. So even if I quit again, I imagine I'll still come back to the hobby eventually. This hobby is all about customization, change, and the art of it all and I can't ever see myself not being interested in at least some aspect of the hobby.

17. When I first got into the hobby, I thought I would stop at 4-6, max, and I thought getting that many would take many years. That definitely did not happen. I amassed a collection of around 30 within a span of ten years. I have not gotten any new dolls in a few years and sold off and gave away several. I feel like I am probably done with around 15 left and with plans to cut down my collection to my original idea of "a lot of dolls," 4-6.
      However, while looking around the forums to get up to date on the state of the hobby as I prepare to sell off most of my dolls, I noticed a new sculpt that I kind of like, and I priced out how much it would cost with the specifications I would want plus wig and eyes. So, who knows...

18. LOL. I'll be done when I buy a Volks Bisque model and be effectively banned from Volks.

19. When I dont have any money I guess

20. I have many more dolls than I originally intended, and I've sold exactly one doll and one head. But I'm almost done shelling the characters I started collecting for, so the end may be in sight. That said, I'm a sucker for old dolls that need TLC and have nothing to do with my characters, so who knows?