1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When you are unhappy, do your dolls cheer you up? (Emotionally dependent on them?)

Nov 5, 2004

1. it's nice to know that there are other with eating disorders too.

gah, this is deprressing of a thread, i need to quit reading it. *_*

2. We are a depressing lot ain't we... :( I'm a genetic reject too. Haven't worked for years because of poor health. As my mother says, we need "carrots for the donkey". Super dollfies make lovely carrots. When you are busy looking up the web for super dollfie stuff, making plans, dressing them, or waiting for that next doll, real life has a wonderful tendency to be forgotten :grin:

Ken

3. Wows. We all got some problems dont we?

I have depression ,and it comes and goes. I used to take meds for it but they made me feel like I was on a constant high so I stoped taking them and then my parents stopped buying them. I have endometriosis. That is my major pain. I'm prone to get sick. So I almost always have a cold.

My doll, Rhia, is a wonderful help. I feel like I can talk to her ans she wont ever judge me, like most do. I feel safe and secure with her and the others when they are around.

I would like to say that I hope all of us get better. My problems arent as bad as most, and I am blessed because of that.

G'day. :grin:

4. No health issue or anything but I find that playing with my SD is very relaxing and keeps me away from stress. :wink:

5. I have fibro myalgia, and just seem to be rather prone to illness, Bastion keeps me company.

6. After reading these posts I was struck by many similarites in issues involving dollfie owners. Most of the issues that are addressed here and not defects in the individual, but issues directly resulting from a defective and sick culture. Depression and personality disorders are maladaptive reactions to often confusing or destructive societal influences. In a healthy culture many of us would not have these problems. Not that I think we would love our dollfies any less, just our other issues wouldn't make our lives so horrid.

Avesha brings me much joy and I can always turn to her and share without fear of further pain or confusion. Nothing wrong with using a crutch if you are crippled. Don't let others make you fel ashamed of your reliance on your "little friend" there are worse crutches to use.

for those interested Borderline Personality disorder/ ineffective marketing personality

Depression was vanquished when my husband explained that it wasn't me that was batty and confusing, it was the rest of the world.

7. I don't have an illness but both of my dolls came to me at very difficult points in my life the last few years.

I sent in my payment for Suki the morning after I was almost killed in a very bad car accident (I could barely walk to the computer! LOL but I did it!) because i figured that since I was still alive, spending $600 on a doll was well worth it to me so I could have Suki in my life.

Haruhiko came to me the day after my best friend and constant companion for 16 years moved to another country. In the time that she was gone, I don't know what I would have done without my boys!

It's amazing how many of us have found solace in our dolls. I send my love and best wishes to everyone here who is experiencing difficult times.

8. -_- well I can say it this way....the littlest pieces in the puzzel that is my childhood is that
      my mother is convicted of child abuse (and somehow the social service still thinks it's okay
      to let my 6 yr old little half sister live with her) My grandmother (the one helping me with
      sewing), my mother and two of my siblings is suffering from a hereditary benign cancer
      disease....and then there is The Other Stuff....that I won't talk about 'cause I don't want
      to bring it up....I'm genki genki *dances* Who else is going to take care of
      everyone/everything! 8)

Tetsu: :| denial anyone?

That aside, YES, Tetsu is helping me tremendously....even though he is bringing me some trouble...
      :| should've never showed him to mom...

*Glomps Tetsu*

Aside from Erin-chan and my cats, so has Tetsu and my other BJD's to come been a
      great relief, a way to understand myself and my own reactions to stuff....
      and keeping me busy with doing stuff I view as fun :grin:....so I don't have time to dig a hole
      for myself :oops: ....^__^

Well I should reeeeeally be getting to bed.... :| need to be up bright and early for work...
      got money to earn so I can get Jubei and the guy's here :P .....
      *glomps everyone at DoA*.... Cheers! *Dries eyes and rushes of to bed*

Tetsu:.....geeze...can't someone light up the mood of this topic?

9. I have an anxiety disorder... small things set me off like alarm clocks,tests,exams,mean teachers and so on. But thinking about saving up for a super dollfie and what I could buy for her always calms me down.
      And if that doesn't help then my dog, Pixie and my mom comfort me. I'm looking forward for someone else to snuggle!!!! Funny thing though depression runs in my family. My fourteen year old bother has it as well as AHD and ODD, My Ota,Grandpa has it, and mom has it. Funny how I ended up with an anxiety disorder.
      But I don't mind as long as I can smile. :chibi

10. It's awful how many of us suffer from depression. I do find that 'hanging' out with my little guy does aid in some loniless sometimes. but sometimes even that isnt enough, but making clothes for them and such does help keep my mind off things.

11. This past week is the first week I've ever lived by myself. I have a new house 750 miles from home. If that isn't scary enough for me, I'm jobless. So i'm really far from home, no job, and living in a mildly cold house because I'm terrified of running the heat because it will cost too much up here in the snow. (moved from Atlanta, GA to New Castle, DE - I no longer like snow) Planning for the arrival of my boys seems to be the only thing that has kept me happy and sane in this past week. Heck I already have wigs and clothing in the works for both of them and an adorable little pair of tennis shoes for Tama. Waiting for them is what is keeping me going and is stopping me from curling into a little ball crying my eyes out. I wish I had had the boys when I had all those back sugeries last year or when I had the cancer as a teenager. Ah well, hadn't learned about them 10 years ago. :oops:

12. I don't know that my girl has been a remedy for anything, but I keep telling myself that if I fall out of remission I'm definitely getting another damn doll.

It'd be something to do while I was stuck at home non-stop for a month or two, at least.

But ... I also said I was getting my new doll if I got a job and I may get one soon so ... I might get my new doll anyway without being sick. :D :D :D

13. I read through this thread....and my heart broke...I have tears down my face....

What I face and my pains are simply nothing compared to what I have read...it reminds me to be thankful for all the wonderful gifts I have and to always remember those that suffer.....

The ability to love, cherish and find joy are basic human principles...they are the fuel by which we can continue...without those, the days are dark and hope is lost.

If your bjd can help, can assist those to find joy in an otherwise painful day....learn to love and be loved in an environment where love is lost or begin to cherish the moments of time, one by one - appreciate the small gifts that surround us....

Then your doll is a miracle - but remember it is YOUR expression of your doll that is the miracle - the doll the catalyst.....

My BJD's remind me to cherish and find happiness in the simple moments of life and the things I care about. That gets me through those depressive and stressful moments when chaos reigns....

With deep gratitude
      Therese

14. First of all, I agree with Therese. It's just amazing to hear how something as simple as a doll has helped so many of you with problems in life.

As for myself, well the thought of getting Bael was what made me keep my job when I really...REALLY...wanted to quit. The hours are just killing me with college, and the pay isn't great. And now that I have enough to buy my first boy, I've started saving up for his brother...and any other little suprises that catch my heart :wink: . Everytime I just want to quit, I keep thinking "no no, I have to keep working so I can have that new car when I'm 25, and for my newly formed doll habit". lol It's silly, but it works. And I know I shouldn't complain about my job, at least I have one, but it's very depressing to know, to know to your core, that you can do SO much better for yourself, and no one will give you the chance. And I really hate dealing with people that ask me the same thing three times. "Do you have anymore of Napoleon Dynamite?" 'No, we sold out two days ago.' "So you're out?" 'Yes.' "There aren't any in the back?" '...no, there are no more anywhere.' Here I am thinking, oh yeah, I'm lying to you for no reason...the faster I can point you to your movie to get you out of my department the better. Because really, I can't stand serving people. I'm meant to be a video game designer, not a media clerk thank you very much, now take your movies and leave me be.

It's just very frustrating for me to do the same mundane tasks everyday, for the same crowd of people with their ill behaved children screaming for their parents to buy them things...and know that this is an absolute dead end job. I don't intend on being there any longer than I absolutely HAVE to. I've been looking into an internship this summer at a game studio, the sooner I'm on my way to game design, the happier I'll be. Even if I'm not making a lot of money, at least I'll be doing what I love. But for the here and now, my dolls, both soon to be present and planned for later are all that's keeping me from just quitting my awful dead end job, and joining the unemployed masses.

And on another note, I've always wanted to try stand up comedy. Maybe when Katie comes back home to transfer schools I'll invite her along to some free-mic night.

15. I can definately say that my dolls have been what's been getting me through right now, which is really diffucult. I just moved to Chicago, kind of hate it, don't know anyone, got fired---and also have anxiety problems and a small heart problem that I'm losing my health insurance to cover. Even though I've had to sell my Nono and the Petit AI I had gotten myself right before being laid off---my little Aoi was really brought me a lot of happiness. Just taking little photos, and honestly, posting on DOA and connecting with other people who share the same, uh obsession? As Yvonne said, it really is amazing how similar our stories (or at least those who posted in this thread...) seem to be! I know that when I got fired and decided to sell Nanette, so many of you responded with kind words and PMs...and I really really appreciate it...so much. :grin:

16. Wow.. reading everyone's posts is so moving, I'm glad that everyone has something to make there day just a little bit better :daisy

While I am fortunate enough not to have a serious illness, I have had a lot of bad things happen in the past year. My mother died the first week of my senior year in highschool from an eight year fight with various types of cancers. Eight years is a long time, and you become very jaded after a while, to the point where you know that person is going to die, and there is nothing you can do to stop it, so when it happens, it's kind of a relief. I was a very depressed kid growing up, and I often found myself resenting my mother for being sick, and looking back on things, I was a real ass to her. The month she died I was away for about a week, and when I came back, the tumors had spread to her brain, and she didn't even recognize me. I never really got to tell her I was sorry for all the things I had done. so yeah.... TMI, I know. But after that I became pretty withdrawn and spent most of my time hanging around on the internet n'such. I stopped playing the french horn in college, because I just didn't have the energy to anymore. (which is something I seriously regret) Hearing me play was one of the few things my mother could enjoy, and I know if she were here now she'd be kicking my ass for quitting.

But then I saw aimee's Oscar on cosplay.com, and I was amazed. I thought that maybe these dolls would give me a reason to go out and do things, instead of just moping around my dorm. So my dad bought Me a CP chiwoo recently, and even though I don't have him yet because I have to bring my GPA before I can actually "get" him, just seeing his face on Luts makes me smile. Seeing everyone elses dolls makes me happy, and is something I look forward to after a long day. So yeah, I think these dolls have helped me in some small way, even though I can't play with mine yet ><. All I can say really is that, they just make me happy, I can't really explain it.

Gah, I typed so much ><. I seriously hope everyone gets better. Being sick sucks. :(

17. Even though I'm still living at home, I'm pretty much alone most of the time, because I have no friends where I live ^^; They all live in another part of the country. My mom is at work most of the time and my sister at school or with one of her friends. I don't go to school and I don't work so I'm alone most of the time. It can be very lonely sometimes, bu having Toshi by my side somehow cheers me up. I love sewing stuff for him, because then I don't have to think about anything else. It's nice every morning when I wake up, he's sitting there looking at me ^^ He's been with me ever since I got him, and honestly I think he's a only thing that keeps me sane here in my little lonely world.

18. Wow, I'm kinda glad to see that alot of people here have social anxiety disorder. Well, not glad exactly, but you know...I don't know anyone in real life who has it, or understands it very well.
      I've had it for a long time, due to a crappy childhood. (Not going to go into that...)I'm o.k. sometimes but if I have to talk in public I freak out, and sometimes I can't leave the house or use a phone. I was on Paxil for a long time but it made me lose 40+ pounds in very few months, which was o.k. :grin: But it also made me psychotic, to the point of having hallucinations and a complete seething hatred for everything. I hurt alot of people during that period, but at least I wasn't scared of them! Or something... Now I'm scared to try any other SSRI's. ;_;
      I also have issues with light. (My husband is sure I'm a vampire...)I can't go out on bright days without super dark glasses, and I have to wear lighter glasses on overcast days. Otherwise I just can't see. I also get sun poisining everytime I burn, which is pretty often if I don't have long sleeves, or sun screen. Indoor lighting is o.k. if it's dim, and the computer screen is not my friend, sadly.
      Anyway, my dolls make me happy because they represent characters I created when I was living at home. They were my little escape and I spent hours writing about them. Now I can have perfect little representations. They're also going to be great in teaching me how to sew better. And I hope to get them nicely poseable so I can use them in my photography and art. ^_^

19. I think dolls can be very therapeutic - rather like pets can - and in an odd sort of way help motivate to improve on problems (if they can be improved). I'm another one with anxiety related difficulties, and have certainly found dolls to be helpful and a comfort.

20. I don't live in the UK, but feel free to IM me if you have IM---I have no job right now and am a hermit because I am...broke. But I have anxiety problems and we can chat about dolls and freaking out. Heh.