1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When you are unhappy, do your dolls cheer you up? (Emotionally dependent on them?)

Nov 5, 2004

1. Thinking about my future doll makes me happy... XD

2. yes very much! I got Darith 2 days before I started high school...and it made starting a new school much better!

~Alyson

3. That they do, makes spending that money all the more worthwhile. <3

4. Everyday. *___* Muh little babehs.

5. definately! just having her nearby can make me feel better :)

6. always ^-^ even though my two lovely dolly boys are always nearby, where I can see them.. when I'm feeling sad or down is when I notice them the most. I'll take them and go and curl up and watch a movie, or play with them a little, and I soon cheer up!

7. Yes! My dolls have helped me through hard times and surgery recovery.

8. i'm going through a rough patch right now, and i drag myself out of it by thinking, "i'm getting my doll soon," and then i'll always have him near me... of course the waiting is a pain in the upper thigh, but it's better than no doll at all...

9. While Ive been waiting for my dolls (customs has them) Ive been so stressed, I know ill just melt into a gooey pool of joy when they actually arrive. Ill be shaking so much when I open the box there's a good chance ill injure myself with the craft knife...

10. I find them to be very comforting.................

11. Sometimes I think he makes it worse, honestly. My world pretty much revolves around imaginary people and role-playing, and most of the things that make me upset or unhappy have to do with that. Chy was supposed to be my personal silverhair, who'd replace a character someone ended up tainting - but he can't type, so he can't make up for the RP I'm not getting now, and ever since I got him the body, I don't feel as close to him. He's become too tangible. I thought I'd be more comfortable with him as a doll, because it was too weird having a male voice that prominent in my mind (none of my other male characters, of who there were never many, have ever been that way), but apparently, I was wrong. He's not a constant presence anymore, and that's no better.

Even if it's not RP that's the problem (and it's very rare that it's not, because even when something else sets me off, I end up thinking about how much better playing would make me feel and that just makes it all the worse), I find that I want to take it out in him. I hate him, even if it's only for a time, and I want to throw him at the wall or slam him into the ground. Sometimes, I think the only thing that stops me is knowing how much he cost and that someone else paid for him.

12. Yep they sure do, they are my own personal prozac:)

13. YA! they make my life happy!~

14. Absolutely. Therapy would be cheaper, but... ABJDs work better. Just ask my coworkers. I walk around at work smiling, and almost nothing fazes me any more.

Linda S.
      galatia9

15. Oh god. I can relate to this one.

This year, I turned eighteen. My birthday was on the sixth of March, and although I didn't exactly go about saying, 'HEYITSMYBDAYLOLOLO', I had mentioned it a couple times, especially to my family (ie my mother and sister and dog) at least a week beforehand.

On the day of my birthday, nobody in my family remembered it. They went out and got a cake after they remembered, but I didn't actually get to light it/eat it until the seventh because I wanted my sister there to do it and she had to work on that day. Now, I'm not one to complain about presents because I'm not picky, but the only people who got me anything were my girlfriend *HEARTS*, and my sister, who brought me a bag of candy home from work.

I felt really neglected. And I'm ahsamed to admit this, but at the time I cried. I bawled into a towel and then I wrote myself some hate mail and then I crawled into bed and wanted to die. A *little* bit of an over reaction, yes, but, I was just really emotional and upset, so. that's what happened. ^^;;.

Well, as some of you know, I sleep with my doll in my bed. And, sure neough, i rolled over right onto him, in my sorry-ass state of mind. I held him really tight and hugged him and sniffled, and, after awhile, I definately felt calmer and a bit better. I went to sleep with the light on and with my doll in my arms. ^^;;. *sap* I woke up in the same way, and I *did* feel better in the morning.

So, I'd say yes, that sometimes dolls make you feel wonderful and can help you recover from something. I fully credit Phir for dragging my brain out of a babbling, self-pitying mess on my birthday when at the time, nobody else was home. ^^;;.

Vive la revolution.

16. I think it's a little both. It's a little stressful when you are trying to get stuff for said doll, i.e. trying to find the perfect X for it and trying to make he/she your own. So that part is sort of nuts.

But when I get a little whacko or when I feel the world is coming down, I do find comfort in my dolls, but usually only in Dylan. Not my others usually (sometimes Trent). Sort of odd. Probably because he was my first. :)

17. Yes, but with a caveat -- I don't think that something cheering you up when you're down means that you're "emotionally dependent" on it.

I think that something can be a comfort without implying a dependence . . . I'm not trying to jump all over the wording, but I think that there's a tendency for some people to say that you're "dependent" on something just because you enjoy it or it makes you happy (or if it cheers you up when you're down).

My dolls have definitely been very soothing and distracting (in a positive way) when life has been hellish and stressful . . . and I've been glad to have them :)

-- A (a little leery of people running around saying that we're "dependent" on our dolls, since there are enough people with negative stuff to say already, you know?)

18. yes, my Lishe helps me with my loniness. she is my brest friend. we go out together for dinner the few times i actually get out of the apartment. i take her shopping, we like doing that to rid ourselves of stress. now i need a sewing machine so that i can cure my boredom with sewing her some clothes.

she makes me happy.

as for being emotionally attached, yes, very. when this mean b**ch yelled at me to leave my Lishe in the car because it's rude to bring her into the restaurant because people don't like her, i walked home crying. but a day will come when the b**ch needs a favor from me or someting, or karma follows up on her and she will get what's coming to her.

19. All the time. In fact, my little Mi is doing a pretty good job of it right now ^^;;

20. The gang really do make me happy ^_^ I love looking at them, just having them can make me smile, and I love being able to have them with me when I'm stressing out or turning into tiny particles of dust. They give me something else to be creative with, and I love having them dearly. They aren't the ONLY thing that makes me happy, but they're definitely a huge help to me, and I'm so glad I have them ^_^