1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When you buy a doll, does anyone else have a say in what mold/company you buy?

May 7, 2011

1. Yes and no... I wouldn't let people decide what doll/company I should buy from, but I do read reviews to guide me to figure out if it's a good idea to buy from the comany.. Like fx. that FL's quality isn't as good as in the past would make me consider to buy from them or not :)

2. My husband influences the decisions on dolls based off of his characters. I make him pick out sculpt and wigs and eyes and everything from a list I have found. I feel it is fair as they are his characters and also it is a way of getting him into the hobby. I pick what I want with the others :)

3. Does anyone have a say in what doll I buy?
      No. Only me and circumstance (I can't always spend my money on dolls).

Does anyone influence what doll I buy?
      Yes. I show the doll I want to buy to my friend and her opinion does matter to me. Usually she doesn't like the the dolls I like, but she tries her best to help me with making decisions based on my questions. Event heads, even when you do have a choice between two molds, are also "influences" to me. The heads may be free, but the bodies aren't. ;)

One time though, I let my friend have too much influence. She didn't like a doll I showed her (just her opinion), and I decided not to order her. Then a death occured in my family and I bought the doll anyway. I didn't regret that purchase. So all in all, I'm the one who decides how to spend my money, but I do listen to other people, in terms of opinion. A little influence can be good, but not too much. Boundaries.

4. Since I pay for my dolls myself, no one but me has a say in what dolls I buy.

5. No, I'm buying the doll I want so my opinion is the only thing that really matters.

6. Nope, completely my own decision!
      Like with anything I buy really. I tend to ask the opinion of my SO when I buy expensive stuff, but I never let it affect it xD (Me: "Do you like this dress, because I really like this dress." SO: "Nah, print is too busy." Me: *buys it anyway* - Same with dolls! :D)

7. No not really. But I like my family/boyfriend to be interested in the ones I like. Their opinion on them influence my choice; if they didn't like a certain doll I would re-think my choice to buy it.

8. My husband does a little, but I trust his judgment. I often ask for his opinion anyways, so if he happens to throw in his two cents, I tend to at least consider it a little bit. He's not the boss of what I get, but he helps me make decisions easier.