1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When you just can’t stop...

Nov 7, 2020

1. I am experiencing that now
      Now I try to hold myself and try to tell myself why I DONT need that doll
      Usually it works

2. I bought 4 dolls in my first eight months of the hobby which is... a bit excessive (for me, anyway). I'm trying to slow down but I'd really like a tiny to take with me to university in September because I don't think I'll be be able to bring any of my bigger dolls.

3. You got that right!! This dolls are like drugs. Everything I say I won’t buy any more I end up ordering some :-( there isn’t a way to help it in my case! So addictive!

4. I think there was a definite pandemic doll effect, at least for me, since I nearly doubled my collection from 5 to 9 after being dormant in the hobby for over half a decade. I reshelled dolls with new heads, bought more complete dolls, traded out bodies, not to mention more clothes, wigs, eyes, etc... and I think it is mostly due to being stuck indoors and then just staring at my dolls and thinking "what if I..." but then actually doing that instead of dreaming about it.

Now that I don't have that fatalistic "if I don't do it now I may never do it" feeling hanging over me I actually feel a lot more casual and happy with the current state of my collection, as well less urgent about what needs to be worked on.

tl;dr stress is a heck of a thing, and it can get you to act in funny ways

5. I thought it was just me but in the past year my collection just got big … unexpectedly

6. Haha, I feel ya! Quarantine pulled me back into the hobby (I hadn’t bought a new doll since 2017). I’ve since purchased two more dolls, bringing my collection up to 5. It’s really tempting to get another doll, lol! But for now, I’m focusing more on building dioramas and dollhouses for my tinies.

7. I got 10 on the way. Some secondhand, some from the company. I'm forcing myself on a no pay period now. But I know I will break and throw more money if something pretty comes out. xux'

I'm addicted to 60cm+

8. I feel you. I meant to only get one 70cm for cosplay reasons and now I'm looking at sneaking in a MSD for smaller projects (and a different character) and a smaller anthro cat as tribute to my cat I left at my moms! I said ONE originally but now I'm pretty sure I'm going to end up with at least 3 waiting this long to find the right SD.... send help :)

9. I’ve kept telling myself that I don’t need anymore dolls, my collection is complete, but there have been a few dolls that I missed over the years. Last year it’s like all of my dream dolls became available, all limited, and I couldn’t miss the opportunity to bring them home. It’s still happening this year. I hope I can finally be finished, but it doesn’t look that way!

10. Somehow, I am sitting at 34 full dolls, and 5 in progress, that I either have a head or a body for. And also have sent more than 40 pp invoices on my functional account, and am at god only knows how many on my nightmare-name-change account. Which means I've also had more come and go in a pretty ridiculous way. I've gone from 2019 me thinking selling was just a lot of effort to being a revolving door (which, honestly, has allowed me to focus on what I want out of my collection, and is a positive). It's absolutely wild though, thinking that I have so many dolls. also, dividing by time of arrival....

Pre-2020, I had 6 full dolls from my current collection, 9 heads from my current collection, and 7 of the bodies--keep in mind, I had a bunch more that was sold. In the 2020/2021 times, I have since purchased 17 full dolls, 10 heads, 5 bodies, and one anthro. Now again, there's a lot of selling that bridges that gap, so this doesn't mean I only bought 6 full dolls between 2015-2019, but it does really show how much my collection has changed, and how off the rails I've gotten.

11. Wow, so I’m really not the only one with lockdown dolly-fever :lol: I had actually quit the hobby around 2017. I sold all my dolls and only kept a couple doll heads I was attached to. They sat in boxes in my closet untouched for years.
      In November 2020, I started looking into Mia Doll’s new sculpt just out of curiosity, and contemplated the idea of owning a small YoSD for the first time. I logged back onto DoA out of nostalgia and it was over from there :XD: From looking through box opening threads and galleries, to stalking the marketplace, I ended up pulling the trigger on my first new YoSD doll in January 2021. Since then, I’ve purchased 3 more dolls, for total of 4 dolls in 6 months… I have plans for at least 4 more, but I’m trying to enjoy what I have now without going overboard. But wow, I’ve never enjoyed the hobby as much as during the lockdown - I dedicate hours a day searching up dolly stuff and I have no plan of stopping!

12. If i didn't get anxiety every time I ordered a doll I would probably have ordered 50 more just this year. But sense I do I have only ordered one, which is good for my wallet but the regret I feel when I miss out on a doll is usually as bad as the anxiety while buying one...

13. Oh i've definitely been buying more than I really should.
      For me it was more that playline stuff became so stale and bjds were the only thing that was getting me really excited for ages. So I found myself looking at them more and more and compiling wishlists and stuff.

I'm trying to be stricter on myself now. Having assembled rather a large crew very quickly i've told myself I have to be more selective but it's haaaard. There's so many dolls I really love dangit! and i'm a sucker for a tlc second hand doll too.

Right now I have three floating heads who need bodies despite telling myself at the start "I won't have floating heads" (HAH!) so i'm trying to focus on getting them bodies before I permit myself to buy another full doll but companies keep having sales or releasing gorgeous limited dolls and nghhhh.

14. Money and place. Place and money. Two problems, which stop me from buying more and more

15. I am currently genuinely struggling to not buy more dolls, clothes, accessories. I have three dolls, a head, and a body on the way. Then there's a few orders of clothes from Alice Collections and various Etsy sellers. A handful of wigs and several pairs of eyes. So many shoes.

I at least stopped myself from placing a large Fairyland order, for now. I don't like the current event head, so I'm going to wait for the next event head and see if I like that one and THEN place the order.

16. I feel so proud that I managed not to order any dolls in June :dance. But sometimes my sister mocks me because it's just one month. Which is ... true :sweat?

I do have an order planned for this month but it's mostly additional feet/hands I am really missing during photo shoots. Plus maybe one doll.

So far I only got one guy and I'm considering getting another. But I'll try not to make any rash decisions.

Still that doesn't change the fact that so far I have ordered six dolls plus + one head within the first five months this year :abambi:. So I am trying not to repeat this pattern in the second half. Wish me luck.

17. I don't have any money left D: But I ordered a new layaway, before the head I bought arrives, and 6 months before I finish my other layaway x_x And I'm in line to buy another head!
      I really need to stop this and focus on getting faceup materials because almost all my babies are gonna be blanks.... ugh
      I can't let anyone but my best friend know about this. My parents don't know about the head I ordered, or about the 2 layaways.
      It's my money but they would still have lots to say to me if they knew so x__x I could buy a video game I want with this money. But the doll I want is limited!
      If you're curious take a peek at my kilometric wishlist on my profile, lmao. It's hard. I'm gonna stop looking at doll sites.

18. From experience such "bans" are the hardest in the beginning. But it gets easier the more time has passed.
      Do you have a budget? If you are tight on money it can help to really keep track of all your spendings. It can be super scary though *_*.

19. Just got back into the hobby after years... I'm lucky I don't make a lot of money, otherwise I'd be buying left and right! But right now I'm already working on getting two dolls restored... and now looking at two more... I keep saying "that will be it", but will it though? :XD:

20. Ahhh I need to do that asap! I just found someone selling one of my favorite sculpts on the marketplace....
      As soon as I have time (starting next month) I'm gonna begin working extra hard to make the money for it and hope it isn't bought by someone else first T_T I know what I said but... ugh, I just really need to work harder lol. Like really focus. I work from home so it's hard to not be distracted by other things all the time.