1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When you re-home a doll, do you delete all your photos of it?

Jul 26, 2016

1. The idea of deleting pics is a surprising one for me! It didn't occur to me that people might like to purge like that, but you do you! The only pictures I ever delete are old sales pictures. I like keeping normal ones because of the nostalgia, and it's also a good measure of how far I've come as a hobbyist! I don't find that it makes it any harder to let go of a doll, personally, but everyone is different :)

2. No, I keep some of the pictures to reminisce about a doll I owned. Some were truly beautiful and I got some great shots of them. I hold onto the pictures to remember the time they were with me. Some pictures I do delete but not all photos of the doll.

3. I delete most of them but keep a few just for memories
      I like to see how my collection had changed over time

4. I never delete them and it's not like I took a thousand photos, the reason why some dolls are gone is because I didn't bond with them and when I don't bond with them I hardly take photos of them.

5. As far as deleting old sale photos, those are also a good reference for other people! If I'm selling a doll that's kind of old and I'm not sure of a price, I always check out the Sold Dolls Archive. The photos in those threads are really useful because I can compare if my doll is in a similar condition, so I'm always disappointed when the sale threads have broken images. :sweat

6. For me, the hobby is as much about the photography as it is about the dolls. So I'm not going to delete a good photo just because the subject has found a new home. The only time I purge is when I happen to look back at my first photos and realize that they're not as good as I thought they were, which is actually a good thing as it shows that I've, hopefully, improved!

7. I also haven't sold a BJD yet, but I've sold some of my other dolls. And I do the exact opposite: I take a lot of pictures of the doll prior to packing it up, so I can remember not just the doll, but the whole process of deciding to get rid of it and selling it. The pictures keep me from regretting the sale later - at least that's been true so far!

8. I usually put the pictures into a "sold" or "rehomed" folder on my computer and anywhere online that I share them. I'll delete ones that I don't like that much, but I would keep some of them.

9. It's interesting reading everyone's thoughts on this. In the past I never took any photos I felt were particularly artistic and rarely post them elsewhere anyway, so I guess that makes a difference, but I do see the purpose of keeping for reference or archival value. I have a "toy archive" section already I started moving pics of My Little Pony and other things I've sold to if I have a reason for keeping the picture. I think I will do this with some BJD pics too. I don't know why I always felt strange keeping pics of dolls that don't belong to me anymore. :sweat

10. I never keep the picture, unless they happen to be in a group doll shot. Once I've sold them I let the photos go, it feels weird to me to keep something someone else now owns.

11. I would never delete any of the photos. After all, the photos show my version of that doll, my own character. The buyer would buy the blank doll only (even if it had a faceup, even if I included the wig and clothes), the character would always belong to me.
      So the doll in photos will always be mine. Whatever the new owner does with the sculpt is their own thing again, there's no connection!

It's kinda like when you re-shell a character. Do you just delete all old photos of the old doll? I'd keep them all together, even if that character had 100 shells, they are all that one character.

If my dolls had their own Flickr folders or something though, I'd probably put a "sold" up there or similar, just to show that no more pictures of that character will be added.

12. I keep all my pictures. IMO it's snapshot of the past and it reminds me of what I like and don't like in a doll and why especially when it's been sold.

13. I usually delete the photos of dolls I've sold, I just feel like it's no longer my character so the photo isn't really meaningful anymore... Some of the super nice photos I'll keep, but I do usually delete them

14. This never even would have occurred to me. People delete photos of sold dolls? I keep everything! It's nice to have a record of them, even if they are gone.

15. Yeah I delete all pictures of sold dolls too! Especially if I'm buying a doll to replace the one im selling. When I reshell a character it always feels odd to have pictures of the old shell hanging around. It also stops people from sending me questions regarding a doll no longer have. I may keep a single photo for comparison/documentation but that's it.

16. I tend to keep everything. I haven't sold a doll or doll items yet though. I've only just started into the hobby recently.

17. It never even occurred to me to delete the photos of my sold doll. I enjoyed her while I had her, and still like looking at the photos now and again. :daisy

18. For the one doll I have sold, I deleted all her photos from the social networks but keep a few in my PC.
      Not because I regretted having them or such, just because I re shelled the same OC in another doll and it would be confusing to have pics of both dolls that share a character plus I wanted to move forward because the doll I sold I wasn't really happy with.

19. I've sold three dolls, and I still have their pictures. A part of me keeps them for memories/nostalgia and the other part of me keeps them as a reference to who I may want to reinvent into a future doll.

20. I have got the same position, because if I decide to sell doll, so it is not my doll any longer.

Also, I do not what to regret about the doll sale, maybe this is the reason.