1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

When you re-home a doll, do you delete all your photos of it?

Jul 26, 2016

1. Nope. Though they're not all hosted online anymore, I have all my photos saved on a giant hard drive. It's fun to look through them sometimes and see what my doll family used to look like -- my tastes have certainly changed over the years!

2. I always keep my pictures [even though hard drives and morons working with them have lost a few decades of my life] and you should too.

3. That seems strange to me. If you have photos from your life that are in a house you no longer live in or that show something else you no longer own for one reason or another, do you delete those too? If I sold my old tent at a yard sale because I replaced it with a nicer one, I wouldn't delete the vacation snaps that happened to have been taken in my campsite when I used the old tent. If I took a nice still life picture with some random knickknacks that I later donated to Goodwill, I wouldn't delete it. I guess I understand if you still felt sort of attached to the doll and were sad about selling and didn't want to be reminded, that part makes sense. But the reasoning that the photos aren't really yours anymore because the item is no longer yours is completely bewildering to me.

4. No, I don't get rid of photos - as that is so very Connected to the hobby for me. I take photos. I share them, that is how I enjoy having dolls. I don't take extremely good photos, but I don't really feel that the pictures I take of a specific doll is Connected to that doll. I feel like the photos are Connected to me - they are my work. I sometimes struggled hard to achieve exactly what I wanted. That said, I do clean-ups. So for instance, I can have taken a series of photos - and only edited and shared 1,2,3 pictures. I will delete the rest of the series if I do clean-ups, as there is just so many pictures.

All that said, I have done unintentional deleting of photos. For instance when I change lap-tops. That usually happens because it crashes - and I am not as careful with my doll pictures as with my Family photos. I don't usually have them spread on different external hard-drives and in the cloud, as I have with my personal photos. I don't mind that much that I am loosing them, often because I have shared the ones I really liked on Flickr. If I loose Flickr though, I would probably be sad.... ;)

5. Ah, nope... I still have the photos. But I try not to post it anymore online. Except there's a photo request and I will note it that the doll is sold already. :)

6. I haven't rehomed a doll nor do I plan on doing so in the near future, but if I had to do so, I probably would keep my doll photos on social media intact. I wouldn't have the heart to delete them from my camera or my phone either. They have sentimental value, and those are still part of my memories from those times.

7. No. They're mine... And that would be utterly ridiculous for anyone to expect that one might do that.

8. i dont think so? they are memories!!

9. I will never delete the pictures of my old dolls. I spent a great time with them and I don't wanna lose this memories

10. I keep all mine on flickr incase anyone wants to see owner-pics of that sculpt because owner-pics have helped me see a doll differently when I've been thinking of ordering one. It's a valuable resource for the bjd community having a big pool of them on flickr, although they don't have any sentimental value for me.

11. Delete. As soon as a doll is re-homed, I remove all traces of it. No photos are kept to remember it by. Goodbye means goodbye. No tears. No regrets. No looking back.

#51 Gothico, Sep 6, 2016
      Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
    12. I usually keep the pictures myself, while I delete the pictures I have uploaded random places. Although I keep the pictures I am no longer going to share them with others. They are memories, but they are also a part of the past. Being able to sometimes look at them and remember the past is a nice feeling, but the doll belongs to someone else now. IT is no longer mine so having the pictures of it released on the internet without permission from the new owner could be wrong (in my opinion)

13. No, no, no. I like keeping them.