1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your BJDs' boxes?

Nov 1, 2004

1. I keep the boxes too. Its an easy space to keep all my doll's stuff in - and put it this way: they've traveled half way across the world, so they make sturdy waldrobes!
      Also, I'm overly-sentimental. If I've got room for it, I'll keep the box, because it's part of the doll buying experience!
      (That, and good boxes are always handy to have around)

2. I don't think it's of great importance, however, I have hung on to a lot of mine. They come in handy if I need to transport someone, and this way I'll have a handy appropriate sized box for shipping should someone have to go. They tend to lurk in the back of my closet till I need one, though right now I have several dolls packed up that I am considering selling. So I would suggest keeping at least a few just in case.

3. I have more dolls than boxes, but it is useful to have a couple boxes on hand, for general storage and moving purposes. But I don't think boxes are absolutely necessary to keep.

4. :lol:A BIG Thank You to ALL of you for your helping me to decide if I should keep my doll boxes when I move... ! I still have not decided :doh

5. I keep my dolls boxes when I can, even when I'm selling a doll. I still have my Volks MSD Toppi box from a few years ago. I resold the doll and kept the box since the buyer didn't want it (I put the doll in a smaller box which saved about $30 on shipping for the buyer). They're great storage, I use them to store wigs, eyes, shoes and clothes. They're also very sturdy boxes in most cases. Plus I love using them for creative photoshoot space, what I mean by that is I'll stack doll boxes on a big table pushed up against a wall and cover the boxes with fabric to give interesting depths. I got the idea from a Volks photoshoot they did for the YoSD Four Sisters.

[​IMG]

Something like that is what I use mine for sometimes. So they really have too many uses for me to throw them away. :lol:

6. I keep them becuase they're pretty. Fairyland sends their Littlefee and Pukis in such beautiful story book boxes; they're too pretty for me to toss. They don't collapse but they do stack neatly and are good for storage. I imagine they'd fit well in a bookshelf or look cute on a nightstand.

7. I am afraid to put my boxes in the garage or even out of my apartment. I have a small storage room for my washing machine, tumbler and such and I put the boxes in large plastic bags to cover them from any dust that might be in the room (even if it is really clean inside there) and put them on top of the highest shelf in the room. I think if the boxes are in a large plastic cover, they even can be stored in any other dry place - even if it is the garage :) I also put some silica packs (like those in shoe boxes) in there, too.

8. I have one that stores my MSD girl's body pillows and all of my doll's clothes which are in a plastic bag to avoid getting the "new resin" smell. That box sits inside my doll drawer.

9. I don't think it's very important to keep the box in my opinion. Maybe if I had a limited edition doll who's resale value would be harmed without the box... but I just don't have the space to keep them. I'd probably keep the boxes in the basement though, if I was to keep them.

10. I keep the boxes under my bed or up the top of my wardrobe. I've kept a lot of boxes for anime figures and the like as well, because resale value -is- hampered if you don't have the box.

11. I keep the boxs in my bedroom, next to the door. So, it make that space turn to be a personal space for my dolls.

12. i put them under my bed... sign... my room is so small....

13. For years I've kept their boxes in the corner of my room and used them as storage for all dollie-related stuff. But now that the stuff has nearly outgrown the boxes, I'll have to look for new more durable storage options soon. After that I may just get rid of the doll boxes. They're pretty beat up after all this time, so I doubt they'd help increase the value or anything if I were ever to sell the dolls they belong to (which I never plan on doing anyway). And after they're no longer useful to me as storage, I don't see myself actually needing the boxes for any reason.

14. I keep my boxes. they stay in the storage above the garage. I'm saving them just in case I have to move or something.

15. I keep my boxes at the closet. I think it's important to have them when I need to move the next time. But some of them are really "space stealers". :P

16. I actually keep my dolls in their boxes... >.>

xD Now I feel horrible.

17. Stuff 'em in random spaces, like at the top of my closet. So far I've got a Teenie Gem, two Super gem, and an MSD box. My brownie boxes are used for random parts storage (extra hands and feet, random tiny accessories, etc. I have a trunk for clothes. ^_^)