1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your BJDs' boxes?

Nov 1, 2004

1. I keep them stored in the basement. They come in handy when I've had to ship them out for body blushing and/or faceup. I've used them to transport dolls before I had my carrier. I keep the original paperwork in the box as well.

2. It seems like the boxes are an important part of these BJDs. I have thrown away plenty of boxes that came with other dolls, but not BJDs, maybe because they are so expensive, or maybe because I just have one!

3. I have a couple stored behind a door and the rest up in my closet. I even keep the shipping box. But I only have enough for the ones that have bodies. My Cory is currently laying in his box as a bed...I need to make him a blanket.

4. I keep them in a storage room to pack them in when I move.

5. I've kept mine, and before I made a proper bed for my baby, I put him in there over night. But right now, the bottom is sitting on the guest dresser, and I use the lid to cover him at night...

I'm so paranoid, ^^;;

6. Mine are in the attic. I'm a total box horder. I'm keeping the boxes they ship in too, because if I need to sell them, its hard to find the right size shipper again. An OT box moment: I had to sell a Fashion royalty doll. They have awesome boxes, which I'd never throw out. Yet her box mysteriously disappeared. My mom swears she didn't toss it, and they're heavy enough that you'd look inside the outer shipper to see if it was really empty. It's mysterious...

7. I have mine in my closet...but that's because I have a hard time throwing things away xD

8. I use them as their beds ^ ^
      I always have their boxes on my desk...my closet is pretty full so the desk is the only place where I can put the boxes ^ ^;

9. Been holding on to them, since I plan to move. Also, I have the space. If you do want to keep them and don't have a lot of space, you can always collapse some and store the futons in the others. I do that often, even to the shippers.
      -Am

10. I yank the pillows out of them and store them under my bed. Though sometimes I get nostalgic and pull them out to look at them. XD

11. Both my boxes have their pillows in them and are stored at the top of my closet... when my cat doesn't knock them over... (there's also a basket with a blanket up there that he's keen on sleeping in... I often find lots of things that used to be on the top shelf on the floor). X3

12. I use mine to keep my dolls clothes and wigs and things. It lives under the bed^^

13. My stack of boxes gave me the scare of a lifetime once....^^

I woke up in the middle of the night and heard little scraping noises, like a creature munching on something, from the direction of the boxes. (I keep them in a hidden corner of my bedroom.)

So I woke my poor half comatose sister and we sat before the boxes hypnotised, too scared to touch them... until my sister found her courage and yanked them aside... turned out the noises came from the other side of the wall behind the boxes, from the outside, some rodent or some such animal I guess.

But boy, for a moment it seemed like there was ....life inside my resin residents' boxes!:shudder

14. My MSD Ken's box is currently in my boyfriend's closet! Haha. =D I don't think he even knows I put it there. I usually use it to carry my dolls around in while traveling, but I had to take a bus and I decided that putting my dolls in my messenger bag was more convenient. So the box stayed behind.

I don't think I'll throw it out because I'm a pack rat and it really is the perfect place to put my dolls if I need to store them safely.

- Megan

15. I still have two of the large brown outer boxes.. my daughter is going to make cosplay swords and armour out of them since they are the toughest cardbord we have seen. The blue body boxes with pillows I have two currently are kept if I want to put them away or store them.. and I have used them as beds.. but now my boys sleep with me. I have a huge bed and its nice waking up to two pretty faces in the morning. Juris head is in El's box.

16. Stuffed full of all their crap!

17. the cardboard box Luts shipped in I use as a trashcan for all threads and fabric-pieces thats left over from my sewing projects.

The Souldoll box is underneath my bed, doing nothing, the luts box is on my floor filled with the bubblewrap my Soony came it, Storing clothes in it seems like a good idea though ^__^

18. I keep them ^^ Stacked away on a shelf at the top of my wardrobe.

19. My boxes take up ALL the closet space in my doll room. I'm only glad that I am fortunate enough to have a room dedicated to my hobbies! :)

20. yay lucky you, i wanted my own art studio, if i get one a corner for my kids will be there for sure.
      I keep them, stacked on a shelf at the bottom of my closet. I didn't open them since i got my kids out of them, they still contain the bubble wraps and plastic and certificates pillows in there. :)