1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your BJDs' boxes?

Nov 1, 2004

1. I still have my boxes, both the brown shipping box and the Luts box.. The brown box is holding all the bubble wrap and shipping materials that came with her. And I just put the luts box in the computer room.(That is the junk room right now.) It was being used as a bed. ( I got a couch for her now.)

2. I threw mine away. My room isn't huge, and I don't have a lot of space to spare. Besides, I have a carrying case if I need to take Ciel somewhere.

3. i've got Jay's brown shipping box along with both his and Amarok's blue Luts boxes still. xD; they're stacked in front of my dresser, so i have to move them each morning when i get dressed. (which has NOT encouraged me to throw them out/stick them somewhere else..) Amo's box is on top, it makes a nice, uhm..extra surface to store things on. xD;

shift the blue ones over a bit and you've got a nice "chair" for them. xD

i keep the blue boxes for the event of moving/going to college and what-not since all their mummy wrappings are in there with the pillows, yet, so they'll be nice and safe. (i should probably get rid of the huge brown one, though..it's not doing anything important.)

4. i have all my box on top of my closet which i have to becareful of they like to fall on me... my smaller boxs like the dollmore can fit in the bigger one. the only boy that is really special is my volks magaical micheal. it is very carefuly stored with only his information stuff in it. the rest hold bubble wrap, eye putty, glue, pillows... and other boxes

5. I keep the boxes in my closet where hopefully they'll gather dust until I move, the only time I ever use the boxes is if I need to store them away for some reason (which hasn't happened yet) or if I'm selling them (only sold one--hopefully never again)--I'd like to at least be able to give them the box the doll came in.

Ryu & Yuki both came in bags (they're DoDs) so those get used a lot when I go places with my dolls ^_^

6. I use mine! When I'm not playing with them, my dolls are "asleep" in them. I find it's a good way to keep them away from direct sunlight and dust.

7. I used to use one of mine as a bed, but know I just store things in them and put them under the bed.

8. I've still kept all my boxes... but my home is so small! I'm wondering whether I should finally break down and get rid of (or "break down") the boxes. *_*.

What have some of the rest of you done who have limited space and a larger amount of dolls?

9. i kept all my boxes if possible. I fold them flat on some if possible also :)

10. I have them piled on on top of the other in my closet....
      I don't have much space either... but the YoSD and MSD boxes can fit inside the SD and SD13 ones in a pinch...!
      I don't like not having boxes for my dolls. I sent out my Minifee Chiwoo's box, and though I don't have plans to sell him, I still miss it! XP

If I go travelling for extended amounts of time, I like to store my dolls in their boxes... so they do come in handy.

Raven

11. I don't have as many as you, but right now I just keep them stacked against the wall..once the stack starts getting taller than me I'll probably put them in my closet or downstairs. I consider boxes part of a fullset doll, so I could never get rid of them.

12. me and my mom keep the boxes of everydoll and action figure we own. we keep them in the plastic storage bins in the basement. with u have 500+ dolls and action figures it's alot of plastic storage bins

13. Well, I currently have two dolls, but I don't keep the shipping boxes. My LD Cara is the only one who had a box, since Dollshe boys come in their own carying bag. When I get more dolls, I plan to keep their boxes as well. If I run out of space, I can always get rid of some other (empty) boxes.

14. I do keep the boxes AND the shippers. ;) But I have an attic, so that's room enough. If a doll has to be sold or moved...I find the shippers to be that much more added insurance for safety, besides which the DollShe boys from tensiya come in bags, so the shippers seem neccessary if I was to permanently transport. Heh, the Valentino Bermann came in a HUGE wooden box!

15. Yes! They're on the upper shelf of my closet, above my clothes. I had to make a box for one cutie (Spraypainted a shoebox because he came will pillows) and am making a box for my jade cause he was a kit. I perfer to have their box. For my floating heads, when they get bodies, I will keep those boxes as well. My hound came in a carrier but the box he was shipped in, I kept it too. Some of the shipping boxes I have also kept, mainly if I need to ship one out I got a box the inner box will fit into easily.

16. I have all my boxes, because if i do decide to sell one of my dolls I want them to have their proper box! I also try to keep atleast 2 of the shippers, so this way I don't have to buy a box T_T

17. I've had as many as 12 boxes lying around here, and I couldn't make room for them...so when I started selling some of my dolls to buy others, I used them...even used two to double box...got rid of some of the boxes plus made it safe for them to ship.
      to me its not important that a doll be shipped with its original box and pillows..as long as she is well packed and protected against PO soccer practice.

18. I keep all of my boxes, as well. :3 You never know when you'll need to pack them away in case someone weird comes around. XD! They're a good hiding place. :3 Plus, if you ever need to move, they'll have some place safe to go.

19. I keep all the boxes too, my closet is full of them! Every time I open it I have to be careful not to be crushed by a bunch of dollie boxes *_*
      At least 2 of them are full with dollie clothes, eyes and wigs, and I have another one with the extra parts, like hands and heads ^^

And I keep the shippers too, just in case ^^;;

20. Well I guess for some six can be considered alot. But yes I have kept all the boxes my girls came in. Even if they are very simple. I dunno why I choose to keep them, but I do. I keep them neatly stacked in the corner of the closet where they will never be damaged.