1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Do You Keep Your Doll v2?

Feb 4, 2011

1. My dolls have a little shelf on the top of my bookshelf they stay in. :)
      But I'll usually keep one of them beside me on my desk during the day.

2. My girls live on my altar in my room. I picked up a big candle lantern at Pier One (omg I love Pier One.) Its almost 2 feet tall and looks like a gazebo. With the tealight holders unhooked from the inside, its big enough for 2 MSDs and a few tinies (and a felted mushroom and some shiny pebbles and a miniature garden gnome).
      Aaaand, no more cats trying to eat their wigs! Woot! :celebrate

3. Mine demanded living space close to my desk - less of a hassle when I'm sewing for them and have them within arm's reach. :) So now a part of the shelf next to the desk is slowly but surely being converted into some kind of doll "room"/display, even though it's way too small for an actual room set - there's only just enough space for one SD-sized bed and maybe a table and chairs (once I get around to making them). Also, being a shelf, there's room underneath to store furniture and props and things I'm not using "on display" at the moment.
      The shelf in question is in the corner next to the window, which points north. There is never any direct sunlight in the room at all, nor do the cats get in here, so it's the safest place in the apartment for them. :) And it's the room I do all my crafting in, so I've got them close to me most of the time, too :D

4. Mine are on the bookshelf by my bed now. So they stare at me and my hubby while we sleep. Fortunately, he doesn't seem to care.

It's nice and dim in there most of the time and they're out of harm's way. But I'm running out of room...

5. Mine are in a big computer armoire.
      Each has their own bed, dressers,
      there's a dining table, couch and coffee table-
      :) love them!!

6. My dolls will be staying in the downstairs bedroom when they move in. The whole room is filled with my collections, arts and crafts supplies, manga, anime, books, games and puzzles. There are a couple large bookcases down there that have deep square shelves so the dollies can be tucked back into their own little nooks. Maybe I'll make them little dolly beds in there.

7. I have my dolls on desks, tables, and the tops of bookcases. I used to have them much more nicely displayed when I had less of them, but I still love having them all.

I'll also keep my ABJDs on a (human size) recliner. They look so cute sitting on the big recliner :D I don't currently have any dolls on the recliner, but I will move them there sooner or later.

8. :pcupcakeMine moves all around the house ^^ But currently she stays under my Christmas tree it has cupcakes ^^ :pcupcake

9. Oh, the shame. My poor Liam lives in the living room, on the mantle. It's shameful, though, because we have a beautiful Colorado southern exposure. And it's winter. So the sun has shifted position from where it was when we first bought him. So it shines right through our window. Right on to Liam. I'm ashamed. I know that I should keep him out of the sun, but it's actually the only place, aside from the bathroom, in our apartment that isn't always (during the day) lit with direct sunlight. There's one shelf where he could go, but it's close to the floor and Mischa Cat would try to get him.

When we got Liam, it was summer, so the light only hit him for maybe twenty minutes a day. I thought it was perfect place, because it was away from the cat and not on a crowded shelf where he could be crushed by tumbling books or covered in dust. Alas, I was wrong... but there's no place else for him to go, aside from back into the box. Since I can't stand the thought of packing him away for six months, he stays out and suns himself.

10. I keep my dolls on display on my school desk and my bureau. The tend to sit with knees bent over the edge, but if they sit like that for too long, their pants and leggings get stretched out and wrinkled oddly. I try to rotate who's standing up and who is sitting down. They're also within easy reach of my bed so that I can grab them for some impromptu playing or cuddling. :)

11. My girl used to have her own little setup with a chair and such on my nightstand in my bedroom, but as of late I've been fostering bunches of kittens who usually get locked in my bedroom when no one's around to watch them, so she's been delegated to a high shelf on one of my bookcases. (If there's one thing kittens in groups are, it's being incredibly destructive.) I don't really like the spot for her (and I think she gets some sun!) but it's the only really safe spot for her currently.

12. I have a vintage baby highchair that I keep my Babes on. It keeps them away from my curious dogs.

13. My doll normally stays in her box, but I'm currently making a seat for her so she can sit on my desk when I'm at home.

14. Our dolls just stay in the living room with us. Sometimes they sit on our couch. We also had an old wooden doll bed. It was too short for our boys to sleep in. So my husband saw away one side. We put some cushions in it and now they have a couch of their own ! We placed the couch in the living room, next to our couch !:)

15. My dolls are in my doll room in glass cabinets, I keep the doll room dark so they don't get ruined from the sun. I do take them out of the cabinet to change their outfits,wigs and eyes though.
      Linda in Wisconsin

16. My dolls are set up on a tall dresser so I can see them when I'm in the bedroom. Light does hit them from the window, but it doesn't bother me or my SO who's also a collector. I will drag a doll with me a lot of the time when I go somewhere like the mall or the post office. I'm known as the "doll lady" at the post office by now because I'm there every few days to send stuff out and usually I have someone resin to accompany me.

17. ChronicallySpaced, who is my roommate, and I keep ours on a bookshelf we purchased specifically for BJDs. I was way too lazy to go through here and see if she had already replied to this thread, since she's more active here than I am, lol. But yes. They are on a black bookcase in the living room that is angled so they avoid most of the sunlight coming in through the windows. We keep the blinds shut all the time in there, too, so it's not too bad.

18. Generally when I wasn't using my doll, I would keep her in her box with her cushion, and a blanket on top of the box to prevent UV damage. But since I sealed up her box to make a bed for her (which I still have to finish) she now just sits on the couch next to my 'workstation'.

19. :)Moka stands next to the computer but when l get the other 2 obitsu's that l have planed they well have to take turns standing next to me etc.