1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Do You Keep Your Doll v2?

Feb 4, 2011

1. The lack of space is a headache! I keep my dolls in their boxes on my closet. My house is very sunny so there is no way to keep them outside. Also, I have six cats that love to climb and throw things away... lol

2. My girls have a place on a dresser in the corner of my bedroom that doesn't get sunlight. I love having them all close by, and my husband doesn't seem to mind them :)

3. I have doll shelves and book shelves cleared away specifically for the purpose of making room for my dolls. And I'm still in the process of making MORE space. :lol:

4. My doll sits in his room, a little space in my closet. In this place I can do stuff with him, but if say my dog comes in my room I can just close my door and he will be safe.

5. It's funny, I've been wondering where other people keep their dolls, so I'm glad to see this thread!

I keep my bjds in a padded drawer, but I have other dolls that are everywhere - display case, closet, bookshelf, on top of the tv, just lying around. I should really do something about that - LOL!

When my next bjd arrives I will have a problem, because they're not all going to fit in the drawer together. I'm probably the only person who checks my order every day thinking, "Please don't ship yet, Iplehouse... please don't ship!"

6. My kids used to have a nicely furnished corner in my room, but currently we are moving house, so I had to pack it away. I don't know what it will be like in the new house. I have not seen it yet T_T. Hopefully it will turn out ok.

7. My Aly always be in the box I made for her, with cushions like a little bed. :)

8. My dolls sitting on the couch in the living room . I want to see and hold them any time I want toe.

9. They tend to live in their boxes away from sunlight and dust! (Having said that Garan - my dark tan Ai/Gang does like to sit on my desk... which may be foolhardy - my room doesn't get much in the way of sunlight but still...)

10. I used to primarily keep my Shiwoo in his box but from time to time he would spend a couple months out sitting on varios surfaces in my room. My current two sit on the extended side shelf of my desk so they're right next to me. I'm going to have to find them a new place though when I get my next two as there won't be space for them all there. Plus once spring comes and I start casting resin jewelry again I do all my gluing of the bails and such on that shelf and I really don't want to get any E6000 on them.

11. My Lati Blue, pipos, 3 lati yellows and my white sp all live in a large padded box together as they all have beautiful custom face-up's and I want to pretect them. My room is very light. My new Secretdoll person is currently in her room box or lives on the shelf. She has only been here a few days but is a very dark tan so she should be ok out of her box.
      I recently took my SD girl (which I won) out of her box to look at and she is on my desk, I am still trying to decide what to do with her. The rest of my desk is over run with Blythe so there isn't a lot of room to display my bjd anyway.

12. I have a Dolly Shelf, on the wall at the bottom of the stairs, so you're facing them as you come down. It's out of direct sunlight, and high enough to be kept away from curious little fingers.

13. My dolls sit on a pillow right next to my bed. :)

14. I keep my dolls on a shelf (in a corner of my room where they won't get ant contact with the sun) with some of my anime figures, where they are sitting on a fabric covered doll box to make it a little nicer for them ^^
      But they are all over the place once in a while xD

15. At night, my doll sleeps in her original box but during the day when I'm not taking pictures, playing, or sewing, I keep her in her very own cabinet, safe from the world of sunlight, dirt, etc.

16. My SD sits on a life-size rocking chair in the corner of our spare bedroom. She looks cute there, as if it were made just for her. My Tinies live in my Ikea Hemnes bookcase. My poor, lonely MSD currently lies in her box, as the poor thing doesn't have any clothes yet. :-(

17. My girl used to live mostly in her box, but now she sits on a little "throne" made of twigs that I found for her- it's meant for an 18" large doll, so she looks tiny on it- it reminds me of a child ruler, and I think it is appropriate for her.

18. My girls live in a padded box in my closet on the top shelf to protect them from dust & sunlight in between photo shoots. However, every once in a while I'll have them sit on my desk with me if I am working on an art project. ^^

19. I asked carpenter built a cabinet for my dolls... I think that is easier for everyone in my family -P I can make sure the doll stay away from sunlight and most of the dangerous from other living beings in the house.. -O-