1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your doll?

Nov 16, 2004

1. Saraphina has not been back in her box since the day she arrived :grin: She has a big old tool box that fit her clothes and pillows for traveling. She has to wear her sunglasses when she travels so her lashed don't become squished flat. :grin:
      At home she has several spots all over the house that are refered to as her appartments. In the bedroom she has a shelf with bed, book shelf (for her books and stuffed toys) and chairs and tea sset. In other rooms she has chairs and couches. She is a bit spoiled, but I love making things for her :D Some day she will have to share with a Sister or Brother, (I want an Elf so badly) but for now she rules the house and cats and dogs pay much respect to her. They sleep next to her but still respect her--lol!
      She is the princess of quite a lot!

Plese forgive the typos. My fingers fail me today...sigh!

2. Raziel usually stays in his box to sleep and stuff. He looks all vampire-ish whenever he's there. XD Kinda cool.

I need to find somewhere else to put him, but my room is a bit of a mess most of the time, so his box is probably the best place for him right now...

3. Gwena and Filia share a large shelf, with Filia sitting on her own little bean bag.

Chloe has her own chair on my chest by the window, and there is another SD size chair over there for my next arrival.

Box? Who needs a box? :wink:

4. Klaus has two chairs in my room, one right next to my bed, and one on my work desk next to my sewing machine. He frequently moves between the two spots. Surprisingly, my cat hasn't knocked him down yet, though he has stolen his wigs a couple of time.

5. Mine are all out, all downstairs (not in my room) in the family room where I am 99% of the time... I have chairs for all of them so they just sit around looking adorable.

I can't imagine putting Jeremiah Blue in a box every night. :cry: *_* I couldn't.

6. Dawn stays on my bed all day. I have a big bed for just one person (me). Anyway, if she sat on my desk all day, she'd probably murder me in my sleep. She leans against my stuffed animals so she doesn't bump against the headboard or fall off.

7. *****n/a*****

8. Both of my girls have a shelf that they sit on. my boy will join them when he gets back home.

9. During the day, Jules sits on his little wooden chair I got at the craft store, and when I get home from school I'll usually sit him on my computer desk so I can have him nearby. ^^ At night I usually put him in his box though...no lid or anything! I just put the pillows he came with in there, with a little blanket, and it's a makeshift bed. X3

10. Ichiiro sleeps on a little pile of pillows and blankets next to my pillow. :D

Of course, sometimes he sits on my computer while we virtually window shop, and he sits next to me on the couch when we watch TV together, and he sits in his chair on the counter while I'm in the bath.

11. Hmm... all the kids have their own chairs on my bedroom floor -- that space is like a mini-den for them, but lately Devin and Allistair have been hanging out on my bed. I usually have one doll in a wooden chair on my computer desk in the evening, but they take turns doing that. ^^

12. akito usually stands on a doll stand, while seira sits on a chair that i got from one of the volks stores in japan... both of them are usually on my study desk, so my youngest brother will not touch them when i'm not in. :oops:

i tend to move them around though, and pose them in little vignettes of sorts, depending on my mood... XD i like to have them near me whenever i'm studying/doing work as well. :daisy they're currently next to my computer, leaning against the printer~

13. Usually Mort stays in my bedroom when he's not being manhandled. I have a plastic tub of fabric and sewing junk that he sits on, wrapped partially in a scarf/blanket type thing. I have to keep his legs completely covered, because I have a little cat who's a psychotic chew fiend. It's all really very classy-looking.

Generally I can't keep him near any of my favorite laptop-use areas, because he distracts me into playing with him and I don't get anything done. :oops: Sometimes I can keep him next to me on the couch, but I always keep glancing over and before long it turns into some kind of extended hugging session, which makes the computer jealous.

I would really like a cool chair or something for him eventually.. or at least some better method of display. Due to the high levels of cattage around here, I hate leaving him standing up for any period of time. I've learned my lesson good and well in that regard. :o

14. I found that the game-cube is perfect msd sized so my DoD leya uses the gamecube next to my computer as a perch. That way she's easily accessible to hold and try clothes on. I bought her from someone else, so she has no box.

15. Caro sleeps on my bed, propped next to the bear. He wanted to get into the bed (i.e., under the covers) but lord knows where he'd end up (foot of bed? Under bed? Under me? Yikes). When I'm at home I'm generally in front of my machine (NERD-ALERT!) and C sits on the desk at my left hand side. I have no idea what I'll do when Simon gets here. I cleared off a little table right beside my computer, out of the sun, big enough for Caro and Simon both, but when I tried putting Caro there he looked about as un-amused as I've ever seen him look. It did not go over well. Perhaps Simon will be more reasonable.

It's been very helpful reading other people's solutions...I've got very little available space.

Caro: I'm not going in the corner.

GJ: It's not really "the corner," Caro--it's like 2 feet from my desk.

Caro: Not going in the corner. :evil:

GJ: But what about Simon?

Caro: SIMON? Is he coming? When is he getting in? SIMON!!!!

GJ: <sigh>

16. Gosh...I feell terrible my girls are still lying in there boxes..but only when I'm taking pictures they're haning around the house..
      I'm still looking for something nice to sit them down..like a big nice chair..but 1 of my girls can't properly sit because she was strung too tight..so she always lying or standing with supervison cause she tends to fall over...

But this summer I'm gonna try and paint a old not too big closet and make it a doll closet so i can place the girls and their future sisters all together ^^...I don't think you should keep them in their boxes too long or at least don't cover them I have them sleeping in their box..in a drawer so i can always easily take a peak see iff their alright ^^...

:chibi

17. *Reads everyones posts*

*lol* My Ryo has my bed to himself during the day, and he sleeps beside me every night.

18. Kiyoshi is usualy on the couch durring the day, and on my bed at night. So much for buying him a cute bed to sleep in. ^^;

19. When he isn't getting his picture taken, or hacking on the computers in my office, he's safe in his box on the top shelf of my closet. I have BJD-obsessed daughters (ages 10 & 14), plus a young teething puppy...

20. My bed is in the corner, with a small (2-shelf) bookcase beside it as a nightstand. I have several books stacked up on the corner of the bed, braced by the bookcase; Kieran usually sits on top of that. When I'm home and at the computer, I try to have him somewhere nearby on the desk.

After I move at the end of this month, I want to start setting up a dedicated space for him. I feel a little bad that he's not someplace more, I don't know, interesting, when I'm gone all day.

His box is on top of some other boxes in my living room; once I move, it'll go in a closet, I'm sure.