1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your doll?

Nov 16, 2004

1. Kaoru is in his box near my bed while I'm at school, which is out of the sun. When I get come I usually sit him on my bed or on the window seat.

2. I'm curious. Where do you keep your dolls when they're not being played with?

Do you have any special way of keeping/storing them to preserve the condition they are in? Do you keep them with their wig and outfits on or do you store the wigs in separate containers? Tell us your neat ideas here!

I keep my Belial in my chest. I use to take his wig and clothing off but these days I keep them on to try and reduce dust on him and also to try reduce scratching the resin whenever I change his clothes. He wears a face cap from McDonald's milkshake top to stop dust settling on his face up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Soye just sits on my desk 24/7. I like to think she prefers that to being stored in a box.

Once in a while, I'll change her clothing which are stored in her CH Ai box under my bed.

4. Domodov has his own (big) chair. I sometimes change his clothes which lay everywhere in my room (I like chaos). I only make sure he's not exposed to direct sunlight but that's all.

5. [​IMG]

If they're not on this shelf then they're beside the computer. :grin: I don't bother with putting them away or anything, the sunlight never directly shines in my window and i'm not worried about dirt or dust - far too easy to clean off.

6. Our dolls have their own furniture set up on a coffee table beside our bed. There is nothing quite like waking up to them first thing in the morning! :D Plus the area we keep them in is naturally shaded from sun light, so it makes the perfect place.

Sera

7. my nari-pon sleeps in her metal box. i had my parents send up my old dollhouse and when i finish repainting and flooring the place...she'll move in there.

8. My minis have Samantha's bed from the American Girl line, and Bella has a throne. :oops:
      They usually sit on my bed, then I set them on some cushions at night.

9. On his futon/chair, but lately he chills on my pillows, or on couches.

10. They all sit on top of my dresser. The light never directly shines in my room as it's on the northen corner of the house. I need to find a better place for them, though. XP I'm tired of moving legs in the morning! :lol:

11. Faith is moved around a lot so he doesn't get lonely. During the day if I'm not at home then he will sit on the coffee table and watch TV. If I'm at home I carry him around with me or he sits next to me on the couch. When I start to use my study he will follow me in there and sit on the desk. He's not in any real danger where he is unless he is, say, bumped off the table but my mom is very careful with him.

12. Mine move around. I have a sofa and chaise longue set up on the top of a chest of drawers in my bedroom that's the "doll chill-out area", but they don't tend to stay there. Aunrae is reclining on the sofa there presently, and Talula is curled up on the chaise longue.

Ayame and Seraphina are currently sitting in front of the computers in the living room; they both came into work with me the week before last on different days. Neph is currently sitting on top of one of my bookcases next to a whole load of occult paraphernalia; he's keeping an eye on things with my boline to hand!

No doubt Taliesin will fit right in and find his spot when he arrives too. :wink:

I don't keep my dolls in neat little boxes away from the light; I like to have them all around me. I don't really think of myself as playing with them; I just like to have them with me when I'm doing stuff, and I like to change their clothing according to where we're going and what we're doing.

13. Mine sit on this amazing little "gossip bench"--it was originally a small one person seat made to sit while tlking on the telephone--that I got at an antique store. I actually recovered the pink seat area with black fabric, though. It's really a pretty small bench but looks pretty large with my Kid Delf sitting on it! My seven dolls just fit on it if they sit in each other's laps. :)

[​IMG]

14. He mostly hanging out, somewhere close, either in his chair, on my bed, on the couch., on the table next to the sewing machine..he always stays close to me ^^

15. My girl sleeps in a drawer. ^^; The drawer is only big enough to hold her, her Volks pillow, and two tiny plushies. Maaaaaybe another SD could slide in and snuggle next to her, but that's it (and that spot has been claimed by a mini already ^.^).

I feel kind of bad, and since my house falls apart all the time, I worry that the drawer above her might fall on her face. ;_; I also worry she might get TOO cold in there. I think I might move her bed up to the top drawer soon. XD

16. As I haven't had the funds to create bedrooms for either of my boys yet, they stay in their living room, which is located in a corner of my living room. :grin:

17. I keep my girlies up on the top of my desk, away from the cats:

[​IMG]

I used to have them posed around the living room, but the kitties haven't learned to respect the dolls' personal space. Once they're older, and a little less nosy, I'll try again.

Man, I need to put shoes on my girls....look at all those bare feet!

18. i keep her where i used to keep my super expensive record player. now the record player is on the floor and my super expensive doll is on my small little floor shelf.

19. Hehehe, same here!! Mine have a corner of my living room all to themselves, with leopard-print cushy chairs, a small blue chair for the UnoLas and Jinx, and an antique hatbox and an ugly-Tupperware-drawer-thing-full-of-doll-clothes-but-covered-in-a-pretty-piece-of-antique-silk for the SD-sized kids to sit on. Lately, Marten and Lysandra have colonized the hatbox, so the others perch on the edges of the chairs with the MSDs, or sit atop the stack-o'drawers :)

Eventually, I want to get a nice deep bookcase-thing and make little rooms for them in it (with fabric draped on the walls, and little pictures in frames, and furniture and stuff) . . . but for now, this will do!

-- A :>

20. My boy roams around just about everywhere. O_o He's even been on trips to Taco Bell. XD He just goes wherever I put him at that given moment in time.