1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you keep your stories?

Mar 12, 2016

1. I love jotting quick scenes down on paper, but most of my stories are kept on my computer in Word documents. I will end up with too many notebooks for all of the stories that I start, so it's just more practical for me to have them all stored on my computer so I can easily find and edit the story I want to work on.

2. Currently, both of my dols are long-time OCs shelled into sculpts/bodies I like for them, so all of their info is kept both on my computer and on charahub, a website I use to organize all the info/refs in one place do I don't get confused or lost. o u od sometimes I forget aspects of characters, so it's nice to have it all in one, easily accessible place that I can just reference back to.
      I tend to avoid hand written stuff for long-term because it gets lost so easily in my room, especially sharing with my boyfriend who likes to "clean" (read: rearranged literally everything) a lot.
      EVENTUALLY I plan to turn all of my characters/dolls into actual projects (one will be a podcast type story, another a dating sim, one a novel, one an actual comic, ect). so having it all shoved on charahub saves me from trying to track down a bunch of stuff in a panic @ -@ I also forget to back stuff up on my laptop a lot, and lost a lot of character development before, so not doing that again!!

3. Ah, my stories are scatter all over the place - in my sketch book, in my journal, and in my designated writing notebook. Scrap pieces of paper, post it notes, really any piece of paper I own probably has snippets and notes scribbled on them :p

The only place I never write is the computer, which is strange because I always type my poetry into a word document rather than write them out. And typing seems so much faster and more convenient for me.

I feel like it would be easier if I just set up a few word documents for stories, but I just love the feel of writing on paper :D

#23 House, Apr 16, 2016
      Last edited: Apr 19, 2016
    4. partially in books, partially in my head

5. The idea of keeping my stories where someone else might find them is mortifying, lol! I mostly just talk about my plots on Skype with some friends, though we've been throwing around the idea of getting twitters for tossing around ideas & photos.

6. Where I formulate my stories in my head, I know that sounds weird, just I like to roleplay my characters, from beginning to end, my stories keep on going every nite, like a series, I do have main toons and they seem to end up with whole family tree lines, its kindof endless. If I wrote it down it would be too complicated and drawn out, which nobody could understand. the story is really just for me, it helps me relax.:)

7. I normally keep them in my head, since I base my dolls off roleplay characters. I used to keep them on a laptop, but it bit the dust and I honestly don't keep up with putting them down somewhere and updating them. I've been thinking of putting them all on my school laptop, since it's tiny and easy, but...

8. I have snippets written down in notebooks and on my laptop. I carry a notebook around with me in my bag now

9. i only have a tons of notebooks for my storys
      also with a lot of note and single papers sticks into the pages
      i dont like using the computer

10. I have a bunch of notebooks that are disguised as ordinary paperbacks in my bookshelf. It's not the text that I'm ashamed of - I'm actually pretty sure that no-one would ever care to read more than a couple pages of my bad fanfiction even if they found the notebooks. It's just that some of the drawings I doodle along the pages are quite nasty. :kitty2

11. In my head... :nosebleed for the greatest part. Some of it has been written (not on paper, but on computer, so more convenient to me and my fellow-author), and I have notes scattered everywhere, on notebooks, on my computer, on flying papers, etc. Such a mess. :sweat

12. i type mine out, but when i'm away from my laptop i use the "notes" app on my phone to write down my ideas. i am mostly finished my book and i want to post it online sometime - perhaps on wattpad or somewhere similar (or even better would be getting it published someday haha). i was writing stories long before i was interested in bjds, but the possibility of having a tangible form of the characters i had in my head was something i got really interested in after discovering bjds. so, i have most of my main character and a handful of side characters in bjd form now c; they definitely keep me inspired. i'm hoping to add more characters to my bjd collection soon.

13. I have a smaller sized moleskine that fits in my purse for writing on the go without wifi. Then there's a laptop with scrivener installed and google docs for writing at a keyboard. I can NOT seem to write at my desktop computer because I keep getting distracted with games and checking websites (like now).

Most of my stories eventually get published on my wordpress and tumblr, though the novel length stories are being edited for publishing on Amazon.

14. My stories are in my head, and in little snippets here and there on DoA, like my doll profiles and in threads about doll characters. I usually pick sculpts that I like then build characters to fit them. I have no qualms about throwing out a personality or story if I decide they don't fit the sculpt anymore. That's not to say I don't have some really long-time OCs, but it wasn't until I started seeing people posting about shelling their OCs that it occurred to me actually DO that! And there are characters from shows and books that I'd love to shell. But not with head sculpts of the actors! I really admire the artists who do those super realistic heads, but I want my vision of the character, not the actor (mostly because I'm basing them off my favorite fan fics lol and I never picture the actors when I read). Maybe I should put some of the details in writing so that I don't forget them!

15. I'm so bad at keeping stuff in the same place! My doll writing, lists and stories and stuff; wedding plans; school work; tax papers; letters; you name it... :sigh I tend to know where most of it is, anyway, whick is probably why I never learned to be neat and organized... I've started to plan making an art folder, though, to keep track of and protect my drawings, so I really should make folders/binders for all of it... Thank you all for the inspiration! :dance

16. I have a bunch of stuff here.

I have a lot of stuff written that I haven't posted online anywhere, and a lot more that exists "in my head" only, some of which I may write someday and some that I probably won't.

17. I have my notes, plot planning, character specs, and etc in a sketchbook (because I honestly hate lined paper) but the actual stories are on docs on my computer or iPad.