1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you post your photos before uploading to DoA?

Jan 21, 2021

1. I have a private channel for my doll pics

2. I'm a member of a doll-meet Discord that was posted in the Meetups section here.

3. I use Flickr and pay the money. Worth it for me.

4. Like many other have stated, I mainly use Flickr. I do not own a mobile phone so am blissfully unaware of the mobile issues and while I find the photo limit annoying, it just means that I can only upload the best shots so it just forces more thought into what you upload.
      I also use Twitter from time to time, you can link photos from there to post here, but hosting is clearly not what Twitter is for so I don't think that it is really a solution to your problem.

5. i haven’t posted many pics to DoA because of those whole thing, i actively use instagram but when it comes to sharing pictures to DoA you have to be on a desktop to link them (anywhere you post pictures online you can get the direct image link if you know where to look! here’s instagrams trick: How does one obtain the URL to an Instagram picture that he/she took, without posting it to Twitter? - Quora )

i want to start sharing to DoA but also have a place people can look through them and be mobile friendly for the convenience but i don’t think there’s a place really for it aside from instagram and taking the time to stop by a desktop and then link things here too. Tumblr would have been my suggestion tbh, or maybe even twitter, but i don’t think the bjd community is big on twitter and you already said you didn’t want to use tumblr :(

i also use google drive and i’ve linked from my facebook as well, but instagram is the only thing i can think of that checks any of the boxes you want really

6. I use Flickr and pay for pro. I find it easy to take pic on my phone and upload, but as others have said it’s a pain to share pictures as I have to use my laptop to post them on doa. I don’t post pictures often, but I just can’t give up Flickr as I’ve been with them for years.

7. Hi Smoteymote!
      I use ImageShack, which is a bit like flickr. Small yearly payment, pic storing space.

8. I use Flickr (I pay). Imgur doesn't suit me because sometimes the image are broken.

9. I am going to try out imgbox.com
      It claims to have unlimited storage space imgbox - fast, simple image host so I´ll cross my fingers it´s working out in the long term:sweat

I just tested an image with the preview in here and so far so good. I just can´t choose an image size, which means it has to be edited before uploading, which I don´t have a problem with.

[​IMG]
      It seems I can do a little square image and it links to my imgbox account, or I can take the imagelink and do a bigger size like this.

[​IMG]

I am currently only testing it so I can´t say if it causes problems on the long run on DOA

10. Flickr user here for uploading purposes. For sharing I use my own social medias which area hot mess of all my hobbies + life choices and food. I don't think I'll hit the limit soon.

11. I love Flickr, but things keep changing, so I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to upload pictures here. Every time I look at a tutorial something has changed and I can't get it to work, so where can I find a tutorial for now, which is 2/3/2021! Need help!

12. Are you posting from mobile or desktop? If mobile, are you using the app or your browser and what phone are you using? If desktop, what computer/browser.

13. Desktop iMax and Safari.

14. Although you will have to pay for it, at this point my suggestion to everyone is just to get a web host and some space of your own.

Any freebie hosting site is apt to have drawbacks, either now or in the future. You can avoid a lot of that by maintaining your own domain and hosting, and in the long run, avoiding the hassles may be well worth the cost.... Which, in comparison to everything ELSE in this hobby, really isn't all that outrageously expensive if you do some shopping around.

15. I only use desktop and only after I have edited my photos for size and color. I create albums for each of my dolls, as well as private ones of family. I love Flickr and it is not just a website to store photos, to me it's also a community.

16. I use Flickr. I really love Flickr not only to post my boy pictures I also find inspiration from other professional photographers! I look at those pictures and see how they use light, position subject, color, etc., to communicate non-verbal language! Have you ever seen the Milky Way galaxy band? Wow that is just phenomenal and you can find it on Flickr!

17. Flickr, Facebook groups and a couple of BJD sites.

18. I use my laptop and for forums I use imgur. I find that to be really easy to use, or it could just be that I have been using it for years so I am just really familiar with how it works at this point.

19. Imgur is the easiest and links the best on other websites, in my opinion. You don't need an account and it gives you various hyperlink options.