1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you prefer to post dollie pictures?

Aug 27, 2015

1. I try to build up a kind of portfolio on my Tumblr, for my normal (i.e. non customization work) doll photos I stick to Flickr though.
      I also made myself an Instagram now, I'm not a big fan of the platform but it's needed nowadays when you want to keep up and be seen.
      Mostly use it for WIP snapshots and to show what I'm currently working on :)

2. Of those mentioned I only actively use Flickr.
      I do technically have accounts on the others but they're private and I don't use them much anyway.

I was thinking of posting something on my livejournal, but I'm not a blogger.

3. I post my doll's pic on instagram, but I haven't post many photos because I just started the hobby. Also my phone cam is sucks, so the picture's quality is not good. I plan to make flickr or deviantart later but after I'm able to purchase a decent camera for doll photography.

4. I'm personally not into doll photography but occasionally I'll take some for reference purposes only and upload them to Flickr. This can be useful if the doll in question is seldom seen in owner photos and someone isn't sure about buying the doll or not.

5. I love Flickr for doll photos but I also post to Instagram and tumblr. My Flickr is mostly dolls, my Instagram is only partly dolls, and I have a specific tumblr for dolls that includes a lot of reblogs alongside my original posts.

6. Almost I prefer show pictures to my close friends. :hug:

7. I usually post to instagram, since it's super simple to just snap and post.

8. I only have an account on DeviantArt, which I started upon joining DOA and realising photos aren't hosted. Never tried Flickr, Insta, or Photobucket

9. I think I would post pics everywhere. Here, tumblr, facebook and flicker. I don't have a DA anymore and I don't plan on getting another account. :P

10. Definitely Instagram, because it's waaaaaay more easy to access in my opinion :D I'm i.doric over there ^^

11. I only used to post on DeviantArt until I realized that it was impossible to post those pictures on DoA, so I opened a photobucket account but there's a lot of problems with it. I finally opened a Flickr account, it's simple to use and works great here.

12. Flickr, now that they're not forcing me to use a yahoo account for it.

Don't really consider anything I do to be art, so no DA.

Instagram's content rules are a bit stricter than I like.

Imgur is good for generating share links.
      Everyone on my facebook hates dolls.

Photobucket is just outdated now imo.

13. I post on Instagram the most, my non-personal facebook page for linking the accounts and twitter :).
      I did start posting on deviantART but bored of using it!
      I opened a photobucket just so I can post on here and I cant seem to recover my flikr account password anymore! :o

14. I prefer to post my doll photos over at instagram, and that's because most of my photos are taken through my phone and I kinda go on a frenzy with filters sometimes- Buuut I do take photos using an actual camera, just that I'm more into posting them on instagram. However, I link my instagram to my facebook, so... there you have it. IG & FB.

15. I post all mine on facebook. The people I worked with likes to see them and my doll collecting friends and doll artist friends love seeing them as well. I also like them to see my dolls if I buy clothes or wigs from them.

16. Not sure yet, trying to figure out what I'm going to like once I have my dolls. Likely a blog of some sort... thinking of using FC2, not my first pick, but wordpress and tumblr don't exactly work on my older computer... -_-

I'm also going to use flicker, I like the albums, and I can share those photos here! : )

#136 skyf, Nov 21, 2016
      Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
    17. Instagram, since that's the center for images.

18. I basically only post doll pics on Instagram! I have always been too lazy to use Flickr or any other online platforms, and I hardly ever post anything on FB. I just love IG <3

19. I use Flickr to basically archive my good photos, and Facebook and Instagram to share. I'm really lucky that a lot of my non-doll friends don't just put up with random pictures of dollies, they actually seem to like them...

20. I use Flickr (and keep my photos private). My computer is very old, and as a seamstress, I hoard clothing inspiration photos, so this year I migrated them all to Flickr (because of the 1 Terabyte--yes, terabyte--free storage). Now my computer storage is a bit larger, and I can access my photos from multiple computers.

The only drawback is that the Flickr iphone/ipad (and I've heard, android) app is terrible. You cannot access BBcode from either the app or the mobile version of the site.