1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you put your dolls and do you find them distracting?

Feb 24, 2018

1. My dolls are in my bedroom in their beds, sleeping like me. Sometimes they stay in the living room, but i take them back when people come around.

2. My favourite doll is in a display box that is next to my computer. I don't find her distracting at all! In fact, her company makes me feel very calm. Last time I went for a holiday I left her at my boyfriend's place for safekeeping. The night before my trip looking at her empty box actually made me feel sad. I'm so used to having her watch me while I work.

3. Lol yes same here. The need to stare at my dolls is definitely real. I have kids so I can't wait til they go to bed some nights so I can bring them all out of my bed.
      It's hard to get in the mode to work when I have severe doll brain. It's a nice distraction from the problems of real life.

4. hahaha, I'm also like that, I'm keeping my dolls around me, and I stare at them all day and night :) I don't bring them into my bedroom though, because they're too many, and so heavy. Most of them are SD size, and bigger!
      My dolls are like art to me, and I enjoy making them as beautiful as possible, with no limit when it comes to what I spend on a outfit. I like all my dolls to look like beautiful statues, like wonderful artifacts. And I have them displayed all around my home, but mostly in my living room, where I can enjoy them all the time. Sometimes I take them out in the nature to snap some beautiful photos, which I post on Instagram. @tomda74

5. My dolls are in my bedroom, in my closet. They are on sleeping bags (or padded carriers). They only come out when I wanted to play with them, change their clothes, and take their pictures. But sometimes, some of them stay on my desk, sitting or kneeling. or standing with a stand.

6. My boy sits on my shelf in my room at night but I always sit him near me when I'm working or doing stuff and I get very distracted xD I just like looking at him cuz he's so cute! Something that helps is if I have him doing something so I'm not just staring into his eyes so for example he has a little Nintendo DS and I set him up 'playing' it and it tricks my brain into thinking he's doing something too so I should do my work hahah.

7. They are usually on my desk but I would put them on my bookshelf when I find them space-consuming.

8. Yes, my dolls are distractions to me! Lol!
      I have them mostly in my display cabinet in the studyroom. I used to put 1 doll next to my computer as I do my work but my table is getting messy lately, so they have no where to sit or stand lol. Even without them placed in front of me, sometimes my mind will start thinking about them. I was suppose to do my portfolio last night, I ended up uploading my dolls' profiles on DOA. Lolol!!

9. I keep them on my nightstand in the box Simone came in. Zea and my off-topic tiny fit well into the box along with Simone. They don't distract me because I keep the box closed when I am not playing with them.

10. Two boys sitting on my bed, and most of them are sleeping in boxes

11. My desk has shelves, and has a divider wall behind it, so they sit around me, out of reach for any toddlers or nosy house guests. ;)

12. I keep my dolls on a sideboard table in the main living area. I wouldn’t say I find them distracting, because they don’t prevent me from doing anything, but I often find myself staring or glancing over at them when doing other things or just walking past. It’s such a pretty sight. <3

13. I keep my dolls on the shelf next to my desk but I always have one of them sitting next to my computer to keep me company while I study. I enjoy keeping them close to me in my home and I feel a little bit sad when I have to leave them behind when I go to work:sweat

14. This is my problem right now. I live in a very tiny apartment and share space with a video game enthusiast and musician. There is simply no room for my things lol Plus I like sunshine so I keep my windows open almost all year round (yes, even winter!) so I'm worried about sun damage. My bobobie girl mostly stayed in her box, my new girl will probably come out for special occasions but remain boxed the rest of the time. I really want to install a small shelf in the bedroom against the window wall so I could put her up there out of harms way. But my husband doesn't want to put anymore holes in our wall :roll: If I can't see it, it isn't distracting. Mostly.

15. When I get distracted by my doll I usually put her up in her box and then put her up in my closet because the last time I was just so annoyed I can't look at her.

16. This is a very sweet and funny thread. I don't find my MSDs and tinies distracting, because they sit on a beautiful shelf and look like an art piece. In fact, I love to look up at them when I'm needing company, and I make sure they're all posed so they look welcoming and happy to see me (the tinies are waving!). The only distraction is my 72 cm gentleman who sits on my armchair and is too big to put anywhere else. When he's really in the way I'll banish him to his carrying case.

17. I used to keep porcelain dolls on my headboard shelf and they did fall on me :XD: I don't keep any dolls there anymore lol

My dolls all hang out in my bedroom on various shelves. Just about every direction I look has dolls somewhere. It's only a distraction when I should be in bed and instead I'm staring across at one of the shelves daydreaming lol otherwise I consider it inspiration or even a means of relaxing to look at them.

18. currently, as i am lacking space, they are on my nightstand next to my bed, which is nice (I only have 2 for now), and not totally distracting (because they don't have much stuff yet) but i worry if i get more, where they will go o.o
      and i also sleep in the living room so there's that aspect too XD

19. I have a floor lamp with a pyramid shaped shelving base that my girl sits on. She's occasionally distracting when I'm sewing though because she always wants to get out her machine too and sew with me.

20. Beside me one my desk. Yes she is very distracting.