1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you put your dolls and do you find them distracting?

Feb 24, 2018

1. This is why I'm really excited to move to my new place! Right now, with my tiny college room, everything is a mess and scattered. I'm planning on setting up a bookshelf with square cubbies and devoting one to make a little setting for my tiny dolls. A little room/environment would be really fun to make! And I'd feel better about leaving my dolls sitting there vs laying on a shelf/table somewhere, which is what I have to currently do in my space.

2. i set the dolls on self-made doll house:)

3. my doll is out in our room and he's been sitting anywhere actually xD
      I move things a lot so I move him a lot of places too, and the fan blows his hair violently (it's fur wig and i have no wig conditioner) so I place him where the fan would not damage his hairstyle

4. EVERYWHERE. They're not distracting to me but I have found they are distracting to visitors. :lol:

5. I keep my dolls in a glass hutch while I'm asleep or out since my cat would love to push them off everything. When I'm home I display them near me while I work or something, but they can get occasionally distracting since I find them so cute and want to stare at them.

6. My dolls are placed around my bedroom which is also where I do a lot of my work. It's nice to look around and see my collection of dolls and figures when I take my eyes off my screen.

The majority of my doll collection is on the table in between my desk and bed.

7. Most of my dolls are in my atelier, but four of them are diplayed in my living room. Three in a showcase and one on my sideboard. I don't find them distracting, they are part of the decoration. :)

8. I either have my dolls at my desk with me or on the display shelf right beside my desk. I don't find them very distracting, but I like to glance at them a lot if I have a lull in whatever I'm doing, or sometimes I have to pick them up and play with them a little. But I have a lot on display as well, including art and other collectibles, so I'm used to being surrounded by pretty things while I work.

9. Most of my doll are placed on a small table near the end of my bed. So I can look at them while in bed. Made a little altar from it almost. And some are stored in their box under my bed since I don't have enough room for them yet. I don't place them in the living room because I don't want them exposed to light that much. However I do miss looking at them so I hope I'll eventually cab make a doll room/my office so I can look at them while I work.

10. I normally undress them, keep them in their boxes and put in the closet. or else they’ll distract me when I have to get my work done, but oh boy if I have new stuff for them I won’t be able to concentrate on anything unless I’ve tried it on them!

11. I keep mine next to my bed (standing) on the floor. So when I wake up and get ready in the morning I can see them.

12. My room gets a ton of direct sunlight, so during the day he chills in his box, which I keep near my desk, and then at night he comes out and hangs out on my desk or bookshelf. I think I'm a little too paranoid to keep him out all the time, though, since I'm pretty clumsy and I'm worried I'll knock him over or the dog will get him.

13. Since I don’t allow my cats in my room, my dolls are mostly on my gaming tv stand and my bookshelf. I own 14 dolls and they can’t really all fit in one place, but when you spread them out evenly it looks kinda nice.
      Once you get used to them they aren’t really distracting at all, you just kinda start to accept them as a part of the room, like books and lamps and stuff.

14. I keep mine in a glass door bookcase that doesn't get any direct sunlight, but I can see them every time I go into the room

15. They lived on my bed in their boxes, and i found them wonderfully distracting. if i wanted to put them away for a long period of time theyd move to the closet, but id still be distracted by them without seeing them just because id know theyre still in there.

16. i keep them in their boxes, so nope, they r not a distraction. xp

17. I just bought some amazing detours for my dolls <3 I love them.