1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you think you'd be if you weren't in the doll hobby?

Nov 3, 2019

1. I'd probably have a couple hundred more games on my pc that I don't ever play because I keep going back to the same one. Honestly, I think my money is better spent on dolls.

2. I would probably be in Tahiti, Japan, India, Israel or on safari in Africa. I often think of my dolls in terms of world travel that I have not been able to afford because of them. :sweat

3. I'm not in the doll hobby much at the moment, last doll I bought was Iplehouse Falcon and the only doll thing I bought this year was for my Iple Ashanti from Dorest clothing on etsy.

I'm spending my money on Gaming Heads Mass Effect statues currently (got exclusive versions of Garrus, Tali, Mordin and Wrex and currently waiting exclusive FemShep) Mass Effect™ - Licenses | Gaming Heads

One thing I'd like to do dollwise is commission one of Dragon Age Vivienne's outfits for Ashanti

4. I know I'd get around to BJDs somehow, I've loved them for as long as I've known about them even if it took me a decade + to get my first. I still do my other major passion (writing) but I let painting slide long before dolls entered my life. I think I'd likely have traveled more and entered more dance competitions (I'm also a hobby dancer and vintage fashionista). Lucky for me the only other things I collect are secondhand (Vintage sweater sets...children's books...)

5. I'd probably have more elaborate D&D set ups lol. The dolls took a lot of my free cash for the foreseeable future. But I'm happy with that.

6. I would have probably stuck with Lolita clothing and collecting Sanrio-type items.

7. i do have a small or so collection of figures.. or well medium i guess... so id still collect though, but i do know id be a heck of a lot richer lol.

8. I will probably buy more lolita clothes or do more cosplay...

9. Hmmm... I have other hobbies. Maybe I’ll focus on cosplaying, drawing, playing console games.

10. I would have a new gaming PC :lol:
      But seriously, I would probably not be so broke all the time. I have a job and animals to tend to, though while I do tend to everything before dolls, they definitely steal away what extra spending money I'd have at the end of the day.
      I would probably be drawing more as well, and writing, but instead I'm too busy searching for new dolls haha
      Granted, I wouldn't trade this hobby for anything. I love it far too much!

11. I think I'd be in the cosplay scene, so much creativity, sewing, crafting, love all of those aspects! Was in it for a very short while, but the expenses alone kept me to dolls only.

12. honestly same, just stashing full cabinets and buying more cabinets for more stashing of anime merch lolol

13. I would probably be cosplaying. I am really really glad I quit cosplay for BJDs I was not enjoying that hobby AT ALL and spending money on cosplays that I never wore again. I find BJDs way more fun and not stressing.

14. Dolls are not my only hobby so I would spend that time and money on the other hobbies or maybe add a new hobby to the list, too many things interest me... XD

15. Saving more money/buying more lolita dresses :) Then again I am still buying lolita dresses :lol:

16. If I wasn't in the hobby I'd have a lot more money but I'd probably spend it on antique furniture.

17. I'm not sure. On the one hand, I have many other hobbies, so it's not like I wouldn't know what to do with my money :sweat. On the other hand though... it's these dolls that made me realize that I could become a sculptor. Even though my sculptures have slowly moved away from dolls and towards traditional fine-art, I don't think that I would've pursuit this if I never came across these dolls. For that alone, I'll be forever grateful that a school friend introduced me to his new purchase - a CP Chiwoo - almost 14 years ago.

18. If i wasn't in the doll hobby. I prob would have more video games that i don't play. Or even finding some other expensive niche hobby. The money wouldn't be saved either way and having dolls is actually such an enjoyment that no words could even put into. The price tags on this hobby may be high but the results are priceless.

19. If BJDs didn't exist, I'd still be collecting other dolls. I always have.

Buuuuuut I'd also be putting more money into antiques, travel, and upgrading some of this ancient technology I use. XD

20. Likely I will be traveling a lot more often if I was not in this hobby. This year, I cut one of my trip.