1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do you think you'd be if you weren't in the doll hobby?

Nov 3, 2019

1. Honestly if I weren't buying dolls I'm almost certain I would be feeding my Magic the Gathering card collection seems I'm a collector of sorts lol

2. I was a nendoroid collectors before I get to this hobby.
      And I am still a nendoroid collectors after I get to this hobby :sneaky
      If I were not buying dolls, I would still spending money on nendoroids and their clothes, as well as collecting fanart merchandises.

Beside doll hobbies, I'm also enjoy being a merchandise artist who makes keychain-pin badge based on my art (the avatar is my drawing :3nodding:)

3. i would still be making all kinds of things, but they would be a lot more scattered than they are now. before i discovered bjd's i had a house full of craft stuff, but my dolls have helped me get rid of a lot of it. since i can paint, sculpt, sew, knit, crochet, bead, cross-stitch, do woodworking and photography all for my dolls, i have been slowly cleaning my house out of anything i can't use for them, which has freed up a lot of space (though i have lots more to go). it also helps control my spending, because i don't just get random stuff, cause well "pretty!" instead i have to be able to use it in some way for my dolls (or as a gift for a specific person) it really cuts down on my impulse buys and since i can really do every craft i have ever enjoyed doing for my dolls, i'm never bored :) now if i could just quit impulse doll buying! :lol:

4. I'd still be collecting and crafting, just not for dolls and I'd probably have as much if not more crafting clutter than I do now. Before bjds I was buying up mlp either to fill in gaps in my collection or to customize, as well as thrifted dolls and such to fix up or customize as well, so all in all a lot would probably stay the same.

5. I think I would have more money saved, but I would also have spent more on random things, food, and travel. I would probably have my double bladed lightsaber by now.

But I think I would also have fewer art supplies and reasons to travel. I've gone to three doll conventions thanks to the hobby and met people I wouldn't have otherwise. And I certainly wouldn't be trying to learn certain crafts.

6. Haha I’ll be the same! Anime, Kpop, makeup, and more fashion clothes!

7. I now have unfinished dolls alongside my unfinished stitching, crochet, knitting, sewing, dollhouse building and greeting card projects, that's the only difference.
      I'd probably have more finished dollhouse dolls. They've been neglected for ages.

8. I’d probably just be collecting other things. I don’t feel like the hobby has robbed me of anything I’d rather be doing, just focused my hobby spending on one thing instead of ten at once.

9. I haven't been participating much in the hobby, because I have so many others that are kinda less expensive (kinda). I like drawing, painting, sewing, crocheting, video games, tamagotchi, anime figures, and a particular brand of shoes lol. Where the money that went into my bjd would be now? Yeah spent on art supplies, video games and figures, probably.

10. Living the life i was before hand which wasn't that exciting. I'm a home body so if I don't have interesting hobbies that I enjoy and that keep me busy, i'm kinda like a husk walking around without a purpose!

11. I think, I would still collect Anime/Manga BL phonecards, artbooks and merchandising like I did before the dolls came into my life. And I still would have this huuuuge Minami Ozaki (Zetsuai/Bronze) collection which I recently traded for an old Volks beauty :sweat
      If I had more money left? No, I don't think so, especially the phonecards took a lot of money ( I remember some cards shared the same price as some dolls now)

12. I'd still collect perfume, D&D stuff, and be working on ren faire garb. I'd probably just be spending the money I spend on dolls on those things. My job tends to be creative anyway (sighs at the 30 renderings I'm supposed to be doing) so I have a necessary creative outlet so it's not like I'd be lacking in that area either.
      I suspect I'd have a better phone by now, at least! I've had the same one for seven years. Its screen doesn't turn on unless I physically warm up the phone.

13. Right now I've kind of fallen out of the doll hobby while I focus on other things, so I know exactly where I would be lol! Still working with resin, just not BJD's.

I hope 2020 will bring me closer to my dolls though.

14. I would probably be collecting anime figures, and supporting artists, in purchasing their art prints or zines.

15. Hmm... if I wasn't collecting dolls I'd probably be collecting plush toys or some other type of toy or figure. I used to collect figmas so I might've still been doing that. :0

16. At any given time in my life, I have to be collecting something; I get bored if I'm not! So if it wasn't dolls, it would probably be expensive Yu-Gi-Oh cards, etc.

But I will say that working on dolls has helped me advance my skills in a lot of other hobbies - I'm better at 3D modeling and design than I was before I started making things for my dolls! So I might have less of those skills... or maybe I would've been motivated to learn them by something else. Hard to say.

17. Like many others,
      I would focus solely on my anime figure collection,
      although I'm not going to lie, I don't nearly collect as much as I used to.
      Not because I got into this hobby, but because I've been collecting for years so now I like to think I buy wisely haha,
      Also, I would be saving for vacations.

18. I have been collecting bjds for 8 years now, so I can't even imagine what else I'd be collecting. I can't even imagine what I would do with all the extra cash I have invested all these years. Maybe I would have had collected even more doujinshi or nendoroid figurines.

19. Random stuff. Pop Funkos for sure and more anime stuff...

20. Probably in exactly the same place I'm now, buying videogames a plenty when I have the chance xD