1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the weirdest place you've taken your doll?

Jun 21, 2006

1. My Azure (dika doll AAAAA) had been to the rainforest Cafe in Galveston. From there he went to a build a bear location and looked at the clothes as well as the bear making area and dove in the pile of hearts. Many people seemed really interested in him and asked me about him. I was rather new to the hobby (still am in a way) so I told them what I knew. Not a single person was negative through the whole time out. Later that night he went to a krogers too. Mind you I'm sure the people were more concerned about the "strangely dressed" people from the anime convention than some doll.

2. I took Noriko to a Hatsune Miku (with Lady Gaga) concert. Since she was cosplaying as Miku, Miku fans wanted to take her pic or wanted pics of her, which I thought was cool! I"m not a Lady Gaga fan, but Noriko, my friend and I LOVED seeing Miku in 3D!

Here is a pic of Noriko in her Miku cosplay. :D

[​IMG]

Ryu

3. The little bottles with the scrapings, did you buy them or collect them yourself? Did they all come in a set, or do they sell them at the Poe locations?
      I feel like dolls are one of the most innocuous weird things one would stumble upon in Baltimore.
      I saw a small group of youngsters taking pics with their MSD & YoSDs at the National Aquarium last summer and then wandering around the pier area.

4. I am totally tracking. Like. Completely. This is hilarious.

5. I took Noah to a graveyard. =w= It was fun. We went back later without her for ghost hunting...O-o The pics AFTER the photoshoot were crazier then the one FROM the photoshoot.

6. I've taken my dolls into a public bathroom stall before. My boyfriend would not hold them so in they went. To be fair they were in their carrier though...so I don't know if it counts.

7. Not super weird, but the weirdest place I ever took a doll was during a road trip across Europe. I stopped at one of the oldest castles in Switzerland, I took him with me there and got some pictures. ;)

8. A friend of mine and I took our dolls to a Civil War reenactment. I do CW reenacting myself, so of course I knew a lot of people there, but some of my friends didn't recognize me out of uniform! We strolled around and looked at things, watched the battle, and talked to a few people who were curious about the dolls.

A musician friend of mine had a little wooden puppet that he taps with his foot to make it dance. My doll friend's girl was fascinated by little "Limberjack".

[​IMG]

The character of my own BJD was a soldier in his past lives, so I thought it was appropriate to take him with me... though some of my CW reenacting friends teased me about my "dolly".

Linda S.
      galatia9