1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the weirdest place you've taken your doll?

Jun 21, 2006

1. Nothing overly odd I guess...

Key's gone with me to all kinds of resteraunts, cemeteries and stores. The woman who works at Denny's knows Donovan and when I don't take him she wants to know why he's not there. *L* I do plan on taking Donovan into some abandoned buildings soon for pictures.

2. I brought Yumeko to a very adult fetish club (not the posers..the real BDSM stuff) People thought it was a bit odd but cool (and they weren't freaked because they already know me and how I am).
      I did cover her eyes though when people were getting whipped...*giggle* it was interesting...

3. Let's see... Adee went to a Christian Camp with me over Spring Break, which brought all sorts of weird locations like the Laundromat, the Arcade, Roller Rink(relax, I didn't skate XD) Bowling Alley... LOL. He's been in odd places.

And a Balinese Temple in Bali, Indonesia.... XD;

4. Libertine... to a CHURCH... need I say more? ;)

5. I was at a concert, took my doll out of my bag and my cousin told my mom later that I'm a freak. Thanks!

6. I'm going to take Meme to my bachelorette party. I would love to take my dolls to my wedding and with me to the honeymoon, but my fiance has politely suggested that I sould forget all such "overtly odd" ideas XD

7. I took my doll with me to Disneyland. Not so weird, but in order to sneak him out of the house, I stuffed my U-noa L-bi into a 6X9 in. purse along with my camera, a book, and my wallet already crammed in. I also dragged my Yen to Florida with me for a five day school trip!

8. I can't believe I totally forgot
      A) rock climbing and
      B) canoeing down the Root River

as odd places I've taken my doll. It's where I got the idea to make doll life preservers, only to have my mum shoot the idea down when she said "wouldn't you rather they sink where you can find them than float down river?"

9. well this happened only a few days ago when I was on an airplane going to NY. I was scared to leave my chiwoo Lucian all alone in my seat so.... when I really had to go to the bathroom I took him with me. I placed three layers of paper down in the small sink, after I had dried it out, and there he sat while I did my thing. After finishing I did joke with the flight attendant that he was indeed Gay and that I don't have a strange fetish for resin dolls in airplane bathroom.

10. I haven't a chance to take my dolls out yet as their true characters, since their outfits aren't done. But I did take Sesshoumaru (in civilian garb) to the sushi restaurant on the way back from the Volks store. The few people there didn't take much notice.

Later that evening, Sesshoumaru accompanied me to a family birthday dinner at a Chinese restaurant. My family now has proof that I'm weird. :|

11. Hmmm, I've taken mine to Cardiff Castle, Castle Coch, Burker King, and I've been walking around busy city streets with one in my arms. Not that odd...but odd to other 'normal' people! XD

12. Walked around the streets in Asheville NC with them...mall...work (fast food), not too many places.

13. I actually think Mystic and I have all of you beat. We were lucky enough to have the King Tut exibit near us, in Fort Lauderdale. So, naturally, we took our dolls too. Yes, they went into the exhibit with us and the guy at the door was cool enough to ask if we had tickets for our dolls. We cared them in a backback/purse and had them facing out so they could see the exhibit too. :) People just gave us weird looks and the kids that were there didn't seem to mind/notice too much.

On a side note, my dolls are way to innocent to bring to a fetish show or an adult store.

14. I don't have a bjd yet, not this type anyways, but the weirdest place I've taken a doll is to my best friends house to watch tv while her mum and dad grandparents and brother were all in there in the same room lol.
      They already thought I was odd so I can't make more harm. :)

15. Oh man, I've brought dolls tons of odd places: to a car dealership, to the hospital, to the mall, to the movies, to diners, to work (cvs), to bookstores, on trains ...

16. I took mine to a tanning salon? xD

17. well, I had been selected to go meet the school director for some crap, I bought Cian there and that director could not pull his eyes away for the little one through that whole boring discussion. Not really wierd, but it was suppose to be a serious occassion? Similarly, I bought Fraud to my graduation. (which I am glad as it was so boring at least I have him to play with =X)

I carry them bascially everywhere actually... Most of the time in my bag. I had not been to many odd places recently, maybe thats why they are still considered the mild cases.

I think one of the places I won't bring them is if I ever go sky diving.

18. I always bring Shin to my Rainbow(group for young girls/women, has to do with the masonic temple) meetings. He's used as a "weapon" against one of the girls who is usually mean to us XD I'm cruel...but the look she gets on her face...priceless! And then she's not as mean.

19. The...um...library? XD;;

Yeah, Ria and I don't get out much.

I totally think the airplane bathroom wins.

20. I'm changing my answer!

Yesterday was my high school graduation ceremony, and where was Jonathan? Yep, I marched with him. I made him his own little cap and gown (in white. Now the whole community probably thinks he's a girl -_-) I even held him when I went on stage to get my diploma.

[​IMG]
      [​IMG]