1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Where is the weirdest place you've taken your doll?

Jun 21, 2006

1. The weirdest place? That must had been at the supermarket 2000 metres from my parents home.

And i plan off going to take him with me to a 'trip' to Tivoli with my school. Think it will be fun.

2. Well I haven't had my boy for very long, so he's only been to my grandmas...
      But coming in a week and a half I have a art unveiling to go to (I painted a large mural for a local town). Its going to be a big thing... newspaper people are coming out and 2 local new stations!!! Now I am rather a shy person and the idea of bringing my boy to that scares me to death (think of the strange looks) but after reading all the posts here... I may have to try it..... (wow maybe he will be on TV with me.... *dies*)

3. I've taken my Imogen (OrientDoll Ji) to work with me. I pinned her to my apron, made her a little holly skirt holly leaf wings and a santa hat and put her in a mini stocking. People loved her.. And I took another couple to work..(only once though) But other than that...my brother/mom wont let me take them anywhere..they'd rather not go somewhere than have me toting around a doll -.- Soo..they havent been too many places.

4. Hmmm... I've taken Novella to our high school's production of Pippin, since I had used scraps of fabric for pants for the chorus/dancers to make her own little "Pippin pants"
      [​IMG]

And the pants:
      [​IMG]

5. Wow, well done!
      All the best with that.

Would be pretty amazing if he was on TV too though :)

6. when we moved here from the UK we sailed over on the Queen Mary, I wasn't going to trust the moving company with my dolls so I bought a large hard suitcase and they came with us on the ship. They were all sitting on my bed and when the cabin was cleaned every day I would find they had been posed with my kids cuddly toys!
      I daren't take them all out on the deck for fear of them falling overboard but here is Thistle enjoying a bit of fresh air.....
      [​IMG]

Apart from that I have taken them to the Natural History museum twice and to a quaint little tea shop with my friend Sue and her doll. We got some funny looks there!
      Oh and I always carry one of them with me when I go to the antique doll fair locally, the number of people who ask if I would like a bag to carry my doll in! I always say 'oh no, she likes looking around thanks'

7. thats great!
      I'm going to convince Toshiya to take pictures (and sign?) my toshiya minimee next time I have a chance (I didnt have him last time they were around)

8. I took my Sunako with me when I went to the dentist to get my first filling. I HATE shots >_<

9. I carried my dollfie to the cathedral, at the bottom of a tower, it was cute to see her there ^^

10. Lol, me and my friends took our boys to the cinemas XD

11. I totally plan on bring Uri shopping with me when I get him. Me and My friend [Devu here on DoA] brought her doll to the movies with us to see speed racer yesterday.

12. I took Skylar to the most recent POTC movie. My parents thought I was nuts. :lol:

And the only other place I've really taken him was to an art festival a couple months ago. I actually had a lot of people ask about him and a couple even took our picture. :)

13. I brought my Puki to school once, but I didn't even take her out of my bag... ToT I'm way to shy to bring my dolls to anywhere besides doll meets! XD

14. I just got my girl yesterday, and so far...she's been to church with me. It's mostly because I'm trying to rebel. And SOMEHOW I wound up there. Even though...I tried not to. o_O;

15. I've taken my girls to college a whole bunch of times, my teacher was amazed about them and kept asking questions about them. I perfare to carry my dolls in public when I have then unless it is raining.

16. I take Gabe just about everwhere with me and I've only had him for about a two weeks :)

I also intend on taking him to my boyfriend's friend's wedding next week. I just need to get some fabric and I'm gonna whip him up a nice little suit and put him in his new red Kon'd wig :D

17. (sadly im still wating on my first bjd....h.kirill.... kyaa~:D)
      But my friend took her 'gackt' bjd to a gackt concert in japan, mosh pit and all! ^_^
      i just thought that was a bit weird.... (id be too worried id break him! or have him stolen or trod on...etc, lol)

18. I've brought my dolls to many places, but I guess the weirdest is in the cinema xD