1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

Which 80cm doll would you like to own?

Aug 24, 2009

1. Sabik one day you will be mine *shakes fist in the air*

2. I'm really glad I joined this forum. I was just recently introduced to ball jointed dolls and fell in love with them immediately. I think they're all wonderful but I personally like the larger dolls myself. It's really hard to find information on them. Most of the sites I find are in Japanese or they use terms that, since I'm new to this whole thing, I'm not sure what they mean. I found tons of 80cm males but no females that large, luckly i ran into this post and I found a whole slew of them. But I hope to own a 79cm female doll before christmas.
      I suppose my post reply was a little pointless haha.

3. Ahhh, Lusion breaks my heart! Would love to have her, but there is that pesky four-figure price tag. She reminds me of the Bru bebes (always always my unattainable grail antique doll), available in up to 80cm, even larger, and some had fully jointed wood bodies, and even jointed wood fingers. Here we're talking probably $100,000+ in today's market. If I didn't have my Himstedts I would probably take a loan out and get the exquisite Lusion. I see her as a child, and since the Himmies are children, that would be child-overload. HOWEVER! I've seriously considered selling the Himstedts for Lusion. I kinda hope the other doll companies will see the popularity of Lusion and follow up, just like they did with the tinies. It was SD, SD13, MSD, Hound/Model, then the hordes of tinies. Now 80cm. Bring 'em on!

4. SpiderLily, welcome to the wonderful world of resin. First the dolls, then the wigs, shoes, eyes, clothing, and face-up artists to die for. It only gets better! Somewhere there is a list of all the BJD companies, and most have an English site. When I start jonesing for a certain doll, I check out DofA, Zone of Zen, and Flickr, to see owners' pics of the doll. Found that to be a great help.

5. Thank you, Tangier. Those are some good tips, I'll be sure to check those out. I have to do some research on the terminology that gets used within the BJD community, when the site is in English, that's my biggest problem. The sanding option and when you choose basic makeup, are they talking about the makeup in the picture or is it another option? All that stuff, I have to research. Yikes! I got a lot to learn.

6. Does anyone know where I can find less feminine looking males? All the ones i see have very feminine features. I'd like one more masculine. They're beautiful but just not what I'm looking for.

7. SpiderLily, have you looked at the Bishonen House men? They are very different from most of the male BJD. I believe there is a thread here on DofA, and the artist's website is www.bishonenhouse.com. I really like Logan, his latest.

8. Thanks again, Tangier! you are just full of information!

9. You have to also consider they are roughly around that height in the story anyways so it would be a perfect size. It may not be quite the same proportion since they look like kids more but volks and others could do it. It's not impossible.

10. I love big dolls, and I love little dolls, and everything in between :).

My dream 80cm doll is LUSION, and I'm anxiously awaiting for her to arrive!!!! HURRY HOME LUSION!!

11. Spiderlily - have you looked at the males on iplehouse dolls, like Akando. I think he is gorgeous and manly. Also the male body on those dolls is perfect!

12. I'm really really hoping that Sooms upcoming doll Idealian
      is the 80cm (or bigger!) doll that I've been dreaming of!!
      He looks amazing so far:blush and a far cry from their
      pencil thin MA's. The wait is killing me...:atremblin

13. I agree that the proportions would be awesome if they were larger... more filled out and less long and lean. A bit chunky! I'd love to see a Dollstown Elysia or MoMo. Or even a Lume Saiph or Kade. MUST have heftier limbs and allover weight though, none of this stretched elastic band looking stuff.

14. @jwsmith I have, they definitely are more masculine than the others I've seen.

@Asylum 7 I totally agree with you. Bigger, chunkier would be great.

15. the 15th isnt getting here fast enough... I want to see who the FFD is this month. MECHA ANGELS FAN....

16. FFDs always rotate between male and female MAs every month. This month is the male MAs and jointed hands, next month the female MAs and heeled feet parts will be up for sale again ^^

17. saiph mecha angel!my mother said she might get me her for x-mas!she will be my first bjd!

18. My dream 80 cm I would have to agree is DM Lusion. The only hard part about trying to make her my first doll is the price... if only if only she would fall out of the sky in front of me... RIGHT NOW *looks up at ceiling* darn it :...(

19. I wish volks would do something on the lusion scale. I can't think of anything more wonderful than a *giant* Anais, or Liz. But maybe it's for the best that they don't, I'm sure it would some sort of LE FS of extraordinary price.

oooh, I had a thought. Do you think we could convince Alice in Labyrinth to make a Lusion scale head to go on the Dahlia body? That would be Amazing.

20. I want a female mecha Angel... I just got a tan domuya Fin. My other dream doll. She ships Tomorrow (Tues) YAY! Now i have to wait till the 15th for the next female soom Mecha. YAY! I guess i will have to wait till Oct. Cuz i think this month is a boy.