1. It has come to the attention of forum staff that Dollshe Craft has ceased communications with dealers and customers, has failed to provide promised refunds for the excessive waits, and now has wait times surpassing 5 years in some cases. Forum staff are also concerned as there are claims being put forth that Dollshe plans to close down their doll making company. Due to the instability of the company, the lack of communication, the lack of promised refunds, and the wait times now surpassing 5 years, we strongly urge members to research the current state of this company very carefully and thoroughly before deciding to place an order. For more information please see the Dollshe waiting room. Do not assume this cannot happen to you or that your order will be different.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dollshe Craft and all dolls created by Dollshe, including any dolls created under his new or future companies, including Club Coco BJD are now banned from Den of Angels. Dollshe and the sculptor may not advertise his products on this forum. Sales may not be discussed, no news threads may be posted regarding new releases. This ban does not impact any dolls by Dollshe ordered by November 8, 2023. Any dolls ordered after November 8, 2023, regardless of the date the sculpt was released, are banned from this forum as are any dolls released under his new or future companies including but not limited to Club Coco BJD. This ban does not apply to other company dolls cast by Dollshe as part of a casting agreement between him and the actual sculpt or company and those dolls may still be discussed on the forum. Please come to Ask the Moderators if you have any questions.
    Dismiss Notice

which AOD seller do you prefer?

Oct 12, 2007

?
  1. "aoddolls" aka "sky18482310521", the "official" seller

2. "renaissancefashion" the reseller who wasn't allowed to resell the dolls for a while (Jack?)

3. I'd recommend them both

4. other, not on ebay (f.ex. Junkyspot or other US reseller, please comment)

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
    1. Jack admitted on another thread that he was no longer a dealer of AoD and instead had found a new doll company to work with, that being Boy&Girl, which is great! I went to his ebay store to view said dolls, and noticed he had some AoDs still up. I assume these are left over stock he needs to get rid of. I wouldn't personally worry about his honesty, he's had great reviews here, I think he just needs to empty his coffers of excess product. But that's what I 'get' from all this.

2. Bought mine from their website and also on ebay, quicker emails from website and this time shipping was fast only 17 days :) but this was a month ago or so..things might have changed

3. Hmh, yeah, this sound like he was going to go with BG Dolls now and trying to get rid of the rest of his AOD stuff....

Weirdly enough, I asked him about an AOD head just a day ago, and he said he'd be able to get it for me....
      So, if he really isn't an authorised dealer and everything, he really shouldn't be taking new orders and all... Especially if he's got a new company to work for... that's rather impudent behavior...
      I dunno, maybe I should ask him about what he has to say about all this..

4. Sorry for the double post, but I have some big news that might help us with this issue!

I've been writing the "original" AOD seller lately cause I want to buy one of their dolls some time soon...

So anyways, since we had this discussion, I asked the "original" seller, "aoddolls":

"I also wanted to ask you about the other AOD seller, renaissancefashion aka Jack.
      There has been a lot of talking whether he was an authorised reseller or not, so I just wanted to know whether he is a legal AOD reseller or not."

and this is what I got as an answer just a couple minutes ago:

So I guess it's okay to buy from him!

yay, I'm glad.... *whew*

5. Nice to have an answer! You can be authorized to sell more than one company as well.

6. Jack did contact me about the MSD-size body I bought from him a couple of days ago, and was very nice.

It is amazingly good value >.<

He is doing free shipping at the moment! :o

7. :) I got a 1/3 boy body from Jack via Ebay. Free shipping, great communication, and he took just over a week to get to the UK. And the parcel was marked as a 'sculpture gift', so no custom charges.
      I'm kinda in 2 minds about the marking down of parcels, its good not to have to pay the ransom to get your doll delivered. But if the package gets lost you can only claim back what was marked on the customs form. And also I think if you ask for the sender to do this for you its an offence. May be wrong on this, so please correct me if I am.

8. please delete post

9. Ok wow, I'm a bit confused about where I'm supposed to post and everything. So, I'm sorry if this is a bit of a faux pas, but I was wondering about this shop that I found on eBay. Does anyone know anything about it? It seems very inexpensive, are those dolls the real thing? I'm pretty excited about it if it's all genuine, because it means I could have ordered one of them by Christmas, hehe. But, of course, I don't want to buy any fakes or anything. I notice they don't have loads of feedback, but what they do have is all positive. So does anyone know what the deal is with them? Help a BJD newbie out? Thanks :)

10. Pretty sure this user is a dealer for Angel of Dream. They're fairly inexpensive, but so far what I have read is positive.

11. I ordered Kome from Jack. :3 And he was VERY polite and considerate. My doll arrived in about four days and when he had a broken finger - I reported it to Jack and he immediately sent out a new hand for me. No complaints here!

12. Ah ok, so it seems like he's the real thing, great :D (Thanks to whoever moved my post, sorry to be any trouble ^^)

13. Hey alana_kai!

Don't be afraid, renaissancefashion aka Jack is an authorised AOD seller for the UK, I've asked the original AOD seller (in that other ebay shop) about renaissancefashion aka Jack and he said that Jack was a legal reseller of AOD dolls.... so don't be worried, everything should be fine ;)

14. Yes - Jack is a AOD seller on Ebay UK only! Mr Sun has worked out a contract with Jack.

Here is a picture with all three skin colors -

15. please delete post

16. I bought the male 1:3 body for my friend's Christmas present(yes,I am still working on it.....meh.) from renaissancefashion (Jack) and recieved it SUPER fast,with GREAT customer service. (He just hasn't left me feedback yet....but I'm sure he will). GREAT transaction,and the doll body is gorgeous! =^_^=

17. Alan was very nice and patient with me, since I had a screw up with paypal at the time, so it took 3 weeks before I could pay for Emily. I bow for him, managing to keep up with me all this time. :)

18. I just put one on layaway with Denver Doll Emporium. They're fantastic!

19. I would recommend Junkyspot, because that's the only AoD distributor I've had experience with. But every order I've made through Junkyspot has been a joy to do. ^_^

20. My AoD doll came from aoddolls but my friend has recommended that if I try and get another one (since I'm planning on a Gu) that I should buy him from renaissancefashion. They do still list AoD dolls although the only problem with me buying from them is that they offer a faceup service in the price, but I cannot have said faceup due to my reactions to MSC. I've been thinking of maybe trying Junkyspot of Denver Doll Emporium, if they have the Gu available of course.